No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here’s another recent doomsday prediction that fell through.

The WSU-KSU Super Spreader Event at IBA that never materialized.

LMAO
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

So no honest inquiry then? (Which is the first step in the process of evaluation) Fair enough. Back to your popcorn.
      No fun when the shoe is on the other foot, huh!!!

Comment

• Here’s my question: what’s the covid end game? Are politicians going to continue to push the fear until the end of the time or will there ever be an acceptable level of x,y.z? We accept a certain level of hospitalizations and deaths with the flu. When does this (if ever) happen with covid? Where’s the hard line in the sand? If the answer is “we don’t know”, that’s a huge problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Here’s my question: what’s the covid end game? Are politicians going to continue to push the fear until the end of the time or will there ever be an acceptable level of x,y.z? We accept a certain level of hospitalizations and deaths with the flu. When does this (if ever) happen with covid? Where’s the hard line in the sand? If the answer is “we don’t know”, that’s a huge problem.
          That's an honest question.

The pulse of the pandemic is measured by what's going on inside the hospitals. When they are back to normal, we'll be back to normal.

Comment

Here’s my question: what’s the covid end game? Are politicians going to continue to push the fear until the end of the time or will there ever be an acceptable level of x,y.z? We accept a certain level of hospitalizations and deaths with the flu. When does this (if ever) happen with covid? Where’s the hard line in the sand? If the answer is “we don’t know”, that’s a huge problem.
            Think climate change…
            Livin the dream

Comment

Covid has become an industry. It will be a measurable piece of the economy going forward. As such, itcan no longer end.

I'm fully vaccinated, boosted and once recovered. I know a handful of people who have died. I'm hardly in the covid denier camp. I've also watched as the language in the daily covid report from my wife's work, changed. The hospital now speaks in terms of permanent change, they have also begun, probably unintentionally, discussing covid revenue.

The healthcare industry now has filled permanent positions to deal with covid. No longer are there committees put together to handle a short pandemic, but career fields have begun to open. Vaccines need to adapt annually, masks and other sundries must be manufactured, reporting maintained, policies implemented and adapted and jobs maintained.

We will eventually get back to a modified normal, however that will look. The CDC just relaxed guidelines again. The NCAA will probably follow. We will get back to something more livable, but covid isn't going anywhere soon.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I'm not really into politics. I could care less about Biden's proclamations on "shutting down the virus".
                That because you know it is total losing position. Let's recall what transpired over the last week:

1. Biden - nothing the federal government can do
                2. Masks the average person are wearing don't work

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Covid has become an industry. It will be a measurable piece of the economy going forward. As such, itcan no longer end.

I'm fully vaccinated, boosted and once recovered. I know a handful of people who have died. I'm hardly in the covid denier camp. I've also watched as the language in the daily covid report from my wife's work, changed. The hospital now speaks in terms of permanent change, they have also begun, probably unintentionally, discussing covid revenue.

The healthcare industry now has filled permanent positions to deal with covid. No longer are there committees put together to handle a short pandemic, but career fields have begun to open. Vaccines need to adapt annually, masks and other sundries must be manufactured, reporting maintained, policies implemented and adapted and jobs maintained.

We will eventually get back to a modified normal, however that will look. The CDC just relaxed guidelines again. The NCAA will probably follow. We will get back to something more livable, but covid isn't going anywhere soon.
                  You absolutely hit the nail on the head. The companies that are profiting from all of this will not want this income to end. Their hands are deep into the cookie jar now. Same with vaccines. Tons of “experts” and politicians have stock in the companies that produce vaccines. Can’t allow that to stop. Can’t allow infusion treatments because that gives the notion that vaccines aren’t needed.

Its a sick, sick world. Money is way more valuable than human life.

You would think at some point everyone will just say eff off to everything but there’s too many people that have been fear monged and brainwashed by the government and MSM, i.e. Cold, that they don’t ever want it to end. Their lives would be void if they didn’t have to think about this anymore.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• An unprecedented spike in Covid-19 cases fueled by the fast-moving Omicron variant is crushing hospitals across the United States, with doctors describing packed emergency rooms as health experts implore New Year’s Eve revelers to keep parties small and outdoors to help avert an even worse surge.

Omicron surge is 'unlike anything we've ever seen,' expert says
                    An unprecedented spike in Covid-19 cases fueled by the fast-moving Omicron variant is crushing hospitals across the United States, with doctors describing packed emergency rooms as health experts implore New Year's Eve revelers to keep parties small and outdoors to help avert an even worse surge.
                    "What we're experiencing right now is an absolute overwhelming of the emergency departments" in Washington, Phillips, chief of disaster medicine at George Washington University Hospital, told CNN's Jim Acosta.
                    It's a scene playing out across the country as record case counts are reported from New Jersey and New York to Chicago, where hospital bed capacity also is a concern. In Arizona and New Mexico, federal medical personnel have deployed to provide Covid-19 surge support. And in Georgia, six major health systems with recent 100% to 200% jumps in Covid-19 hospitalizations -- with most patients unvaccinated -- joined to publicly urge people to seek coronavirus testing elsewhere so their emergency rooms can focus on those with critical needs.
                    This is certainly what I had hoped would not transpire. This is why the Deniers/Discounters always have egg on their face. You wait for the pandemic to tell you what it's going to do next. Any proactive measures should always be biased to the negative outcome.

Fauci: 'If it looks like you're overreacting, you're probably doing the right thing'

I could have saved everybody a lot of trouble had they given me a team, a net, and a tranq gun 6 months ago. Hospitals would be empty and Applebees stock would be soaring.

The silver lining in all of this is that no matter how severe the ultimate wave, it's going to be over quickly. Our brave doctors just need to triage their asses off and hope not too many people die in the waiting rooms. These poor dumb bastards had plenty of warning to get their shots.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Oh there's going to be a "Covid industry", but it won't be in the context of what we see now. It will be due to those suffering from "Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS CoV-2 infection". Their numbers will be massive, and the cost to society from direct medical care and loss of productivity will be mind boggling. Add in all the fakers, who don't want to work and... fasten your seatbelts. THIS will be where the urge to expand the social safety net will be tested. Republicans will scream and Democrats will bleed. Both will be partially right and wrong as there will be fraud and there will be true suffering.

Comment

No less than 10-12 comments thanking me for my efforts and/or mocking you guys in here. These are people highly connected in the medical field. Make no mistake, the gang in this thread are on their own kind of "island". And the one with "AcTuAl medical experience" continually makes batshit crazy assertions that usually end up being wrong. Then he admits to sending his child to school 3 days after first onset of Covid symptoms. That's 1st degree Covidiocy right there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

That because you know it is total losing position. Let's recall what transpired over the last week:

1. Biden - nothing the federal government can do
                          2. Masks the average person are wearing don't work
                          You know that is a halfway decent point. It's slightly misguided, but compared to the average comment in this thread, I'm excited to see it in print. Thank you!

So let me get this straight: you think the federal government should be mailing out N95 masks to every household in America.

I personally haven't worn a mask in public (unless absolutely required) since I received my 2nd vaccine shot (spring 2021). Masks are/were supposed to be a sort of proxy for the vaccine reducing the potential amount of virus that entered the body. Once the vaccines were released, they became the proxy for masks, limiting (not always stopping) the rate of infection.

Those who are vaccinated will procure and continue to wear a mask if they so choose. Many, like myself will stop. Ideally, where you want the masks is on the unvaccinated, but they are exactly the same demographic that won't wear them. I suspect it was a cost-benefit decision. Most would just go in the garbage.

Now, could we have used those masks back in 2020? Absolutely! But the supply was limited, and I doubt Trump would have EVER mailed them out because of... optics.

Thanks again for the post!

Comment

• Hospital visits and emergency room visits are going nuts .... but do those people actually need care?

"Emergency room activity has also increased significantly for both emergent and non-emergent situations, including those seeking COVID-19 testing without the need for further care or treatment. To keep emergency rooms available to individuals who have the most critical health needs, individuals should obtain care at the most appropriate medical facility for their condition and seek COVID-19 testing at primary care locations, public health and mass testing sites or use at-home testing kits."

As Atlanta's healthcare infrastructure sways under the strain of thousands of new COVID-19 cases, six metro Atlanta healthcare systems are asking for the public to do more to help them deal with the surge of patients.

What would cause people that don't even need treatment to go to an emergency room just to see if they have Covid, taxing healthcare workers unnecessarily, and causing hospitals to beg people to stop doing that?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Dr. Fauci: "There is the danger that there will be so many people who are being isolated who are asymptomatic for the full ten days, that you could have a major negative impact on our ability to keep society running. So the decision was made of saying let's get that cut in half."

What's changed? The only thing that changed is the democrats favorability polls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Hospital visits and emergency room visits are going nuts .... but do those people actually need care?

"Emergency room activity has also increased significantly for both emergent and non-emergent situations, including those seeking COVID-19 testing without the need for further care or treatment. To keep emergency rooms available to individuals who have the most critical health needs, individuals should obtain care at the most appropriate medical facility for their condition and seek COVID-19 testing at primary care locations, public health and mass testing sites or use at-home testing kits."

As Atlanta's healthcare infrastructure sways under the strain of thousands of new COVID-19 cases, six metro Atlanta healthcare systems are asking for the public to do more to help them deal with the surge of patients.

What would cause people that don't even need treatment to go to an emergency room just to see if they have Covid, taxing healthcare workers unnecessarily, and causing hospitals to beg people to stop doing that?
                                This is exactly right! Idiots are going to the ER when they don't need to because our country has created such a fear of this flu-like virus. And, as mentioned, with a shortage of tests people are going to the ER to ensure getting the test. The local government here in San Diego has actually done something right for a change. They have two free at home test kits available for anyone at our local libraries. You simply go in and pick them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X