Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
    So, hey, best of luck to you -- as long as we make sure the COVID insurance burden is correctly applied only to those who refused to take the extremely reasonable precaution of getting a free vaccination.
    You also good with other groups not making "extremely reasonable precautions" getting a bump?

    Those that drink or choose recreational drugs?

    Anyone having unprotected sex, with an extra rider (no offense intended) for the homosexual community?

    Just curious.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

      Make sure to read beyond the headline

      The key disclaimer for the article, way at the bottom, is this:
      " ... (keep) in mind that this list is measuring and ranking the states by the rate of change in the hospitalization rate, not the state’s hospitalization rate. This week Michigan ranks as having the worst or highest increase, but having 20 hospitalizations per 100,000 people is not nearly as bad as Montana having 46 hospitalizations per 100,000 people. Texans can feel good about their state having 26 people in the hospital per 100,000 people this week, but the decline is partially because they had so much room to fall; two weeks ago the Lone Star state had 37 people in the hospital per 100,000 people. ..."


      To wit: It's easier to post a large decline from historic highs. Also -- whether north or south, states and areas with the highest hospitalization rates are overwhelmingly those with lower vaccination rates.

      Overall, though, I really feel like we're at the end stages of this. Enough people are vaccinated now that it's becoming manageable. The wife and I, as well as much of my family around the country, had COVID early on and have since been vaccinated, so it appears from the latest studies that we've likely got hybrid immunity that will provide a high level of protection even against future strains of the virus.

      My feeling is that those getting seriously ill from COVID going forward will be people who chose to take the risk, and I won't shed tears over them, even within my own family. So, hey, best of luck to you -- as long as we make sure the COVID insurance burden is correctly applied only to those who refused to take the extremely reasonable precaution of getting a free vaccination.
      Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

      You also good with other groups not making "extremely reasonable precautions" getting a bump?

      Those that drink or choose recreational drugs?

      Anyone having unprotected sex, with an extra rider (no offense intended) for the homosexual community?

      Just curious.
      Or the more obvious (without digging in to private lives), obesity and all the problems it causes with COVID (or problems other than COVID)? I believe that covers about one third of all Americans, some races more than others, and women more than men. If things don't change, that % is expected to be HALF of America in 8-10 years.

      Comment


      • Then I guess only vaccinated people should pay the taxes to cover the costs of vaccine development, sales, logistics and administration?
        Kung Wu say man who take lady on camping trip, have one intent.

        Comment


        • What a horrible authoritarian take from Wuzee. 40 out of 100k hospitalized. Why are we even talking about this as a public policy issue?
          Livin the dream

          Comment


          • Well it’s official, Florida currently has the LOWEST per capita COVID cases among the contiguous 48 states.

            https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html

            Comment


            • Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Well it’s official, Florida currently has the LOWEST per capita COVID cases among the contiguous 48 states.

              https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vid-cases.html
              Who would have thought there was a geographic ebb and flow to a virus?
              Livin the dream

              Comment


              • Former Secretary of State Colin Powell (fully vaccinated) has died from COVID complications. He was 84 years old

                Comment


                • General Powell was a GREAT American. There are not enough superlatives to describe him, and it can be argued that in my life time he's the greatest American to live and serve this country.



                  It's my understanding that General Powell also suffered from Parkinson's and some kind of blood disease that had deteriorated his immune system (do your own research here, I'm not saying this is 100% factual).

                  If accurate, those 2 underlying conditions likely were the chief cause of death for this great man.

                  Comment


                  • It was also reported that he had Cancer in his health history.

                    Comment


                    • I've kind of been out of this whole covid19 fiasco lately (by choice).

                      So, I was wondering; since America has had all of these super spreader events, maybe literally a 1000 over the last 6 weeks when is the country shutting down again? I'm kind of out of touch because I don't watch cnn. Cold?

                      F Joe Biden.jpg

                      I know, it's not as nice as K-State's, but you get the point.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I've kind of been out of this whole covid19 fiasco lately (by choice).

                        So, I was wondering; since America has had all of these super spreader events, maybe literally a 1000 over the last 6 weeks when is the country shutting down again? I'm kind of out of touch because I don't watch cnn. Cold?

                        F Joe Biden.jpg

                        I know, it's not as nice as K-State's, but you get the point.
                        Cold has finally surrendered. You won’t see a response to this because there is nothing he can respond with. He owned.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.
                        ________________
                        "Enjoy the ride."

                        - a smart man

                        Comment


                        • So, if anyone watched Joe Rogan's interview of Sanjay Gupta, do you think Gupta was pressured to go on by CNN, or did he go on because he is just a shill and sees his overlord going down and just needs to keep his persona out there? Because I watched it and it was clear to me that he's an empty suit, like most TV 'experts' are. He was trying really hard to be cool. He had a large Obamaesque vibe to him, IMO. But like Obama, he ended up looking like a nerd trying to hang out with the cool kids. The difference with Obama is that the cool kids he hangs out with will go out of their way to not let on that secret. Whereas Rogan just pulled his pants down. It really was quite a spectacle.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

                          Comment


                          • Gupta is a media whore. He is trying to grow his brand and Rogan is a good place to do that.
                            Livin the dream

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Gupta is a media whore. He is trying to grow his brand and Rogan is a good place to do that.
                              That is the impression that I got, and he failed.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                                So, if anyone watched Joe Rogan's interview of Sanjay Gupta, do you think Gupta was pressured to go on by CNN, or did he go on because he is just a shill and sees his overlord going down and just needs to keep his persona out there? Because I watched it and it was clear to me that he's an empty suit, like most TV 'experts' are. He was trying really hard to be cool. He had a large Obamaesque vibe to him, IMO. But like Obama, he ended up looking like a nerd trying to hang out with the cool kids. The difference with Obama is that the cool kids he hangs out with will go out of their way to not let on that secret. Whereas Rogan just pulled his pants down. It really was quite a spectacle.
                                Sanjay went right back to Don Lemon and completely made fun of Rogan by backtracking completely everything that happened either the next day or the day after.

                                Don Lemon is a complete idiot, but he's in an idiot's chair, so we should expect it. Gupta is a ****ing doctor, and I expect better. And we all should expect better.

                                CNN may be worse than MSNBC. At least they embrace their stupidity and goals. CNN still tries to convince you they are truthful and fair.

                                Their coverage of President Trump's deposition regarding the incident at Trump Towers in 2015 this morning was brutal to watch. They try SO hard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X