No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The pills from Merck and Pfizer were approved last week. The main benefit of both is they could help lessen the strain on hospitals because people could take the pills at home, but both pills have their disadvantages. Here's a good article that talks about possible interactions with other common medicine - https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...drugs-rcna9683
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• This is an absolute must watch! Candace is left on an island while her mentor decides to rejoin reality for a few seconds. Of course it's his ego aligning with truth that is causing the rift in the space time continuum, but... still good to hear.

It could also be the fact that he knows his anti-vax constituents have been dying like flies for over a year now.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danidip...h=407fd7f02e3b

Conspiracy theorist and snake oil salesman Alex Jones had a special Christmas message for his old friend, former President Donald Trump, calling him “one of the most evil men who has ever lived.”

Jones’ melodramatic condemnation was provoked by Trump’s recent interview with right-wing culture warrior Candace Owens, in which Trump uncharacteristically sided with science and reason, repeatedly insisting that the COVID-19 vaccine is perfectly safe, much to Owens’ horror.

It is a deliciously awkward interview, in which Owens (a staunch COVID anti-vaxxer) is clearly taken aback by Trump’s enthusiasm for the vaccine, and desperately attempts to shift the conversation towards vaccine mandates, which Trump does not endorse.
      Trump, however, didn’t allow himself to be distracted for long, and continued to emphasize not only the safety of the vaccine, but the danger of being unvaccinated during a global pandemic. Predictably, the former president credits himself for the creation of the vaccine, but made it explicitly clear that he believes the vaccine is saving lives. Trump said:
      Trump didn’t let Owens finish, confidently stating:

"Oh no, the vaccines work, but some people aren't taking them. The ones that get very sick and go to the hospital are the ones who don't take their vaccine. But it's still their choice, and if you take the vaccine you're protected. Look, the results of the vaccine are very good. And if you do get it, it's a very minor form. People aren't dying when they take the vaccine."
      Good boy Donald! I just wish he wouldn't have hidden the fact that he was vaxxed for months during his Capitol coup thingy when he wanted his crazies to be willing to set themselves on fire for him. Had he pushed hard for people to get H1S VaCkXzEeN!!11 from the onset, we may have saved millions of lives from death or Long Covid.

Comment

• Coronavirus Can Persist for Months After Traversing Body

The coronavirus that causes Covid-19 can spread within days from the airways to the heart, brain and almost every organ system in the body, where it may persist for months, a study found.

In what they describe as the most comprehensive analysis to date of the SARS-CoV-2 virus’s distribution and persistence in the body and brain, scientists at the U.S. National Institutes of Health said they found the pathogen is capable of replicating in human cells well beyond the respiratory tract.
        “This is remarkably important work,” said Ziyad Al-Aly, director of the clinical epidemiology center at the Veterans Affairs St. Louis Health Care System in Missouri, who has led separate studies into the long-term effects of Covid-19. “For a long time now, we have been scratching our heads and asking why long Covid seems to affect so many organ systems. This paper sheds some light, and may help explain why long Covid can occur even in people who had mild or asymptomatic acute disease.”
        The coronavirus’s propensity to infect cells outside the airways and lungs is contested, with numerous studies providing evidence for and against the possibility.

The research undertaken at the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland, is based on extensive sampling and analysis of tissues taken during autopsies on 44 patients who died after contracting the coronavirus during the first year of the pandemic in the U.S.
        The group detected persistent SARS-CoV-2 RNA in multiple parts of the body, including regions throughout the brain, for as long as 230 days following symptom onset. This may represent infection with defective virus particles, which has been described in persistent infection with the measles virus, they said.

“We don’t fully understand long Covid, but these changes could explain ongoing symptoms,” said Raina MacIntyre, professor of global biosecurity at the University of New South Wales in Sydney. MacIntyre wasn’t involved with the research, which she said “provides a warning about being blasé about mass infection in children and adults.”
        “We don’t yet know what burden of chronic illness will result in years to come,” she said. “Will we see young-onset cardiac failure in survivors, or early onset dementia? These are unanswered questions which call for a precautionary public health approach to mitigation of the spread of this virus.”

In contrast to other Covid autopsy research, the NIH team’s post-mortem tissue collection was more comprehensive and typically occurred within about a day of the patient’s death.

The researchers also used a variety of tissue preservation techniques to detect and quantify viral levels, as well as grow the virus collected from multiple tissues, including lung, heart, small intestine and adrenal gland from deceased Covid patients during their first week of illness.

“Our results collectively show that while the highest burden of SARS-CoV-2 is in the airways and lung, the virus can disseminate early during infection and infect cells throughout the entire body, including widely throughout the brain,” the authors said.

The study provides pathologic data that support findings of previous research showing, for example, that SARS-CoV-2 directly kills heart muscle cells, and that those who survive an infection suffer cognitive deficits, said MacIntyre at the University of New South Wales.

Comment

• I've been calling this, "alien"... I've been advising those in my circles to avoid becoming infected by the virus at all cost (prior to vaccine development). I stated CLEARLY that this seed carries an unknown risk and is affecting people in unexplainable ways for months/years after mild-to-severe infection. I've stated over and over again that death is not the only bad outcome. It turns out my words were invaluable.

At this time I would like to request that a small gesture be made in my honor. I think it would be logical to include a reference to medicine and Nostradamus. Wufan and 'Fever can take care of the broad strokes and our great administrator can print something in software form. I'm not asking for a thank you, or heavy praise, just a small identifying mark signaling a great public service achievement in risk analysis and mitigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            I've been calling this, "alien"... I've been advising those in my circles to avoid becoming infected by the virus at all cost (prior to vaccine development). I stated CLEARLY that this seed carries an unknown risk and is affecting people in unexplainable ways for months/years after mild-to-severe infection. I've stated over and over again that death is not the only bad outcome. It turns out my words were invaluable.

At this time I would like to request that a small gesture be made in my honor. I think it would be logical to include a reference to medicine and Nostradamus. Wufan and 'Fever can take care of the broad strokes and our great administrator can print something in software form. I'm not asking for a thank you, or heavy praise, just a small identifying mark signaling a great public service achievement in risk analysis and mitigation.
            All your articles said either, “they don’t know” or “don’t understand” the long term effects. Stop denying science.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Long Covid doesn’t impact children.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• 100% of people with long Covid are symptom free in 6 months.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

The aunt may have received Sotrovimab. Regeneron isn't as effective against omicron and the US government has quit shipping what they bought of it to hospitals - https://abcnews.go.com/Health/omicro...ry?id=81893922
                  I don't know what they gave her, but you could be right. Based on her symptoms, she had delta and it would make more sense as initial infection was about three or four weeks ago. Interesting though, I didn't know that about Regeneron.

My level of concern for omicron has dropped to a 1 out of 10. John Hopkins is showing ZERO increase in ICU usage while new cases are skyrocketing.

As soon as I see that 99.99% of all cases are omicron (likely this week's CDC variant update) ... well ... you know what time it is!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Should I ban him for spamming?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

All your articles said either, “they don’t know” or “don’t understand” the long term effects. Stop denying science.
                      The pathology is clear, so is the existence of Long Covid.

I have a couple sets of cousins who are anti-vax. They all got absolutely smoked. One has Long Covid so bad he was bedridden for quite some time. Last I heard he was taking Prednisone for brain infection and is able to walk around now with assistance. This is a person who shares a LOT of my genetics. Let that sink in for a second...

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        Long Covid doesn’t impact children.
                        Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        100% of people with long Covid are symptom free in 6 months.
                        All 100% incorrect. That's a perfect score!

I mean... I have an ex whom I just spoke with a few weeks ago that still has significant smell/taste loss after 17 mos. That smells like permanent brain damage to me friend.

An ocean of documented Long Covid cases exist out there. Have a read sometime.

Comment

[TWEET] Had he pushed hard for people to get H1S VaCkXzEeN!!11 from the onset, we may have saved millions of lives from death or Long Covid.

You've lost it Cold. Liar liar pants on fire there. Watching Maddow again?

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/mar/04/rachel-maddow/what-trump-said-encourage-covid-19-vaccine-use/

Vaccine auth Dec 11, 2020. (like there's no chance that was delayed a month). After the election. SPECIFICALLY he says GET THE SHOT EVERYONE! ON THE SAME FREAKING DAY! From the onset? How soon did you want him to start?

Maybe if you lefty loons wouldn't have been screaming how they weren't going to take Donald's vax there wouldn't have been a problem.

You and your lefty buddy's world is completely made up.

Time to come in from the cold, so to speak.

90+ % of adults over 40 are vaxxed. Under 40 mostly don't have a concern with this. Except for political gain to be manipulated, this is OVER. Stop spreading lies. Take the L.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You've lost it Cold. Liar liar pants on fire there. Watching Maddow again?

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...9-vaccine-use/

Vaccine auth Dec 11, 2020. (like there's no chance that was delayed a month). After the election. SPECIFICALLY he says GET THE SHOT EVERYONE! ON THE SAME FREAKING DAY! From the onset? How soon did you want him to start?

Maybe if you lefty loons wouldn't have been screaming how they weren't going to take Donald's vax there wouldn't have been a problem.

You and your lefty buddy's world is completely made up.

Time to come in from the cold, so to speak.

90+ % of adults over 40 are vaxxed. Under 40 mostly don't have a concern with this. Except for political gain to be manipulated, this is OVER. Stop spreading lies. Take the L.
                            I'm not a lefty, I'm just an independent thinker.

Donald Trump hid the fact that he had gotten the vaccine for almost 2 months. This was by design - a dog whistle if you will.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/01/polit...use/index.html

I haven't watched Maddow or CNN for a hundred years. I used to watch FOX News consistently prior to my baptism into reality June, 2020. I will likely never consume political news in any significant quantity ever again.

Take the L? Reality doesn't have a scoring system, it just is... like gravity.

P.S. I agree with you that he tweeted "go get the vaccine". To remain silent would be absurd. When I say "pushed hard", I mean get the message out consistently. Telling his followers that he got the vaccine himself would be the first step. He was very odd with the vaccine messaging and that was by design. He had a TON of anti-vax loons in his constituency. I made the post with him and Candice because I'm VERY thankful that he stood up to a Covidiot and told the truth. (I used to like Candice also before she took the first train out of Realityville).
                            Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 27, 2021, 12:38 PM. Reason: added last paragraph

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Should I ban him for spamming?
                              I don't ever intend for my posts to be spammy. Everything I quote is important (to me). I held off posting this for days until I had time. I actually had a big, detailed post on standby in my head about my cousin's affair that I wanted to share, but just never got the chance. It's really sad. A doctor and an architect - both passed on the vaccine and put their children at risk of losing mom or dad. Propaganda absolutely kills/harms.

Comment

All 100% incorrect. That's a perfect score!

I mean... I have an ex whom I just spoke with a few weeks ago that still has significant smell/taste loss after 17 mos. That smells like permanent brain damage to me friend.

An ocean of documented Long Covid cases exist out there. Have a read sometime.
                                Stop denying science. I have studies to back up my statements.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X