Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I don't see much wrong with her statement except she isn't taking into consideration the current immunity in the population. We don't know yet the true virulence of Omicron with respect to the unvaccinated. We are also seeing some disturbing trends with pediatric hospitalizations.

Instead of constantly looking for something to fit your political bias and then running, screeching about it to me, why not be patient and absorb all the information as it becomes known. There are no awards given for guessing/hoping at outcomes before they are realized with respect to pandemics outside of Fox News personalities. In fact, it's a recipe for a lifetime of pain and failure.
    Be patient? No guessing you say?

“5 million American deaths by Christmas”- Clod, 3/2020
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Be patient? No guessing you say?

“5 million American deaths by Christmas”- Clod, 3/2020

Missing the context bro...

The beginning of the pandemic, 3% fatality rate (China), optimistic herd immunity + factor for those who escape infection. To be honest, my early projection was as high as 7M. Nobody knew at that point, but then, like now, the wise route was to overreact in the face of a novel virus that could have spread like wildfire. The wise route was to scare the bejesus out of everybody until better data came in. Had the first iteration of Covid infected at the level of Omicron, we would have hit that 7M mark... and then some most likely. It would have been a total healthcare system collapse.

Comment

Missing the context bro...

The beginning of the pandemic, 3% fatality rate (China), optimistic herd immunity + factor for those who escape infection. To be honest, my early projection was as high as 7M. Nobody knew at that point, but then, like now, the wise route was to overreact in the face of a novel virus that could have spread like wildfire. The wise route was to scare the bejesus out of everybody until better data came in. Had the first iteration of Covid infected at the level of Omicron, we would have hit that 7M mark... and then some most likely. It would have been a total healthcare system collapse.
        Ahh it’s ok to guess if you’re being pessimistic, but any type of optimistic thought needs to be put on hold.

Got it.

No wonder so many people have mentally checked out and are offing themselves. What a great outlook on life.

Fearmongering is probably the biggest disease out there right now.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Ahh it’s ok to guess if you’re being pessimistic, but any type of optimistic thought needs to be put on hold.

Got it.

No wonder so many people have mentally checked out and are offing themselves. What a great outlook on life.

Fearmongering is probably the biggest disease out there right now.
          That's correct, "fearmongering" is the correct strategic approach on March, 2020 knowing what we knew at the time. Burying your head in the sand is a luxury leaders do not have.

Comment

• Good idea Sleepy Joe. When should we expect your resignation?

Democratic White House hopeful Joe Biden said Thursday during his final debate with President Donald Trump that presiding over the nation as 220,000 Americans died from the coronavirus should disqualify Trump from reelection.

"Anyone who's responsible for that many deaths should not remain as president of the United States of America," Biden said in the opening remarks of the showdown that comes just 12 days before the election.

"The president still has no comprehensive plan," Biden added.

Comment

That's correct, "fearmongering" is the correct strategic approach on March, 2020 knowing what we knew at the time. Burying your head in the sand is a luxury leaders do not have.
              What we know at the time is that omicron is a milder, less severe form of the disease that’s highly contagious. Comparing it to the cold or flu is fair.

Bet you can’t admit that you were wrong about the fatality rate back then. You just have to back your way into the excuse that “it’s what we knew at the time”. Well oopsies, you were embarrassingly wrong.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• CoVid-A viral infection which has a range of outcomes from deadly to asymptomatic, the severity of which are often dictated by patient’s preexisting conditions and age.

ColdVid-The delusional attention getting philosophical behavior rarely based in fact that predicts and projects the end of life as we know it on this planet if we don’t lick Fauci’s old balls.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don't see much wrong with her statement except she isn't taking into consideration the current immunity in the population. We don't know yet the true virulence of Omicron with respect to the unvaccinated. We are also seeing some disturbing trends with pediatric hospitalizations.

Instead of constantly looking for something to fit your political bias and then running, screeching about it to me, why not be patient and absorb all the information as it becomes known. There are no awards given for guessing/hoping at outcomes before they are realized with respect to pandemics outside of Fox News personalities. In fact, it's a recipe for a lifetime of pain and failure.
                    With respect to the unvaccinated, only 30% of South Africa is vaccinated, so I think we're getting good information on unvaccinated, no?

What are the "disturbing trends with pediatric hospitalizations"?

Please stop with the Fox bashing. Acting like they are different than other news outlets is boring.

Comment

• Clearly the Federal Government is up to something. And not just limiting in Wichita, but across the country.

Comment

• When isn't the government up to something?
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Brit Hume @brithume

Doctors are reluctant to prescribe it. FDA in action, or inaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Israel, natural immunity 27x, hiding the truth from us, blah blah blah. Nice anti-vax garbage. He forgot to mention that Israel was the first country to give their citizens booster and 2nd booster coronavirus vaccine shots, and is one of the most vaccinated countries in the world.

I don't know anything about this Rumble site, but I would highly recommend folks avoid it as a medical information resource. That video should be banned as dangerous misinformation. It likely would be on YouTube or Facebook.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

With respect to the unvaccinated, only 30% of South Africa is vaccinated, so I think we're getting good information on unvaccinated, no?

What are the "disturbing trends with pediatric hospitalizations"?

Please stop with the Fox bashing. Acting like they are different than other news outlets is boring.
                              SA has a very young population and an unusually high percentage of their population has been infected at least once. This is the reason GOOD scientists have held off on giving the all-clear with Omicron. Also, as I've mentioned before; Omicron could be 1/4 as virulent, but if it's 100x more infectious it's going to cause a big problem in older, fatter, unvaccinated/uninfected Western populations.

Pediatric hospitalizations:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rise-rcna10089
                              https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/28/polit...ers/index.html
                              https://www.cbsnews.com/news/child-c...-vaccinations/
                              https://abcnews.go.com/Health/pediat...ry?id=81955322
                              https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-washi...100054213.html

The numbers are rising for children. The good news is, they are children (strong immunity, on average healthier than general population). The bad news is, we don't know the long-term effects of a coronavirus infection with respect to their development, etc.. Long Covid is provably nasty and can linger for at least a year based on available data. If your child is at the age where they can receive the vaccine, DO. NOT. HESITATE. If your child is under 5, maybe keep them away from high-risk infection areas for a couple weeks until this all hopefully passes.

And finally:

I will continue to bash Fox News at will. They have the blood of many lives on their hands. They are a source of pandemic disinformation and should be fined and censored. The liberal networks have reported ACCURATELY and RESPONSIBLY on the pandemic based on my reading of the articles. I do not watch televised programming so I don't have an opinion there. I'm confident it's similar.

My comments comparing left and right wing journalism is limited ONLY to the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                              X