No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can’t keep boosting people for every cold that comes through. Just because there’s more cases of mild infection, that doesn’t mean the vaccines aren’t working.

Again, people are fear mongering and anxious and want to eliminate a virus that will be impossible to eliminate. You deal with it like other coronaviruses. This is the beginning stages of it. It doesn’t mean it’s gonna be some superflu for eternity.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      https://www.statnews.com/2021/08/18/...-scientists/TV

You can’t keep boosting people for every cold that comes through. Just because there’s more cases of mild infection, that doesn’t mean the vaccines aren’t working.

Again, people are fear mongering and anxious and want to eliminate a virus that will be impossible to eliminate. You deal with it like other coronaviruses. This is the beginning stages of it. It doesn’t mean it’s gonna be some superflu for eternity.
      Insidious, alien virus.

Comment

• Normally I would post a bevy of articles w/ the study links contained inside, but not this time. It takes a lot of effort and SOMEONE said they didn't even read them so... my statements will have to stand on their own for now. Remain confident in the fact that my guidance has an on target percentage of 100% since this whole thing started. ;)

1) Booster shots are absolutely a good idea at this point. They normally provide a massive immune response and it's no different w/ Covid. They're talking 8 mos., but I personally think if you're at risk and around 6 mos. since your completed vaccination, it's smart to start scheduling now. It certainly can't hurt.

2) Israel is the canary in the coal mine for a lot of us for a myriad of reasons; one reason is they are one the most and earliest vaxed countries out there. They had folks receiving Pfizer doses back in Dec. '20. They are having a surge in hospitalizations w/ around half of them being vaxed. That shouldn't be quite as alarming as it sounds since there will always be breakthrough cases, and the higher percentage the community is vaxed, the higher percentage of those in the hospital will be vaxed. Still... it's alarming that they are not just talking about breakthrough infections, but breakthroughs w/ serious complications. Some folks aren't going to have a proper immune response no matter what, but they/we are definitely seeing a need for the boost.

3) There's a small studying being circulated by the CDC indicating a 2:1 reinfection:breakthrough rate of those w/ natural immunity compared to those w/ the vaccine. It's probably not definitive for nerdlike arguments on Shockernet, but it's enough for a thinking man to convince himself he should get the extra boost from "artificial" immunity. This Delta virus is no joke.

If you're reading this and saying, "WTF CB! I thought the vax was the end game". I will just say there are a lot of complicated things to consider:

1) The immune system is not a brick wall the moment antibodies are generated. There seems to be an issue of infectivity or virulence w/ Delta that enables it to overwhelm an "educated" immune system. This means that even though your body knows HOW to respond to the infection, it can't in time w/ some individuals. And in some of the earlier strains, they were already seeing signs of mechanisms the virus would use to disable/disarm/delay a person's immune system until the infection can take hold.

Imagine you're playing hockey. You've got one puck handler and one goaltender. Now imagine there are 10 puck handlers and still only one goaltender. Some of those biscuits are gonna hit the basket. That's what Delta is doing to some folks who are either previously infected or vaccinated.

I typed this up real quick so there might be mistakes. It makes me sad to visualize some of the possible scenarios we may be facing. I would absolutely get the booster either as per the CDC's guidance (8 mos) or right away. If you are weak/old, do not fk around. This insidious, alien seed is not finished w/ us yet.

And why don't you hold off on the weak trolls just this once.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            Normally I would post a bevy of articles w/ the study links contained inside, but not this time. It takes a lot of effort and SOMEONE said they didn't even read them so... my statements will have to stand on their own for now. Remain confident in the fact that my guidance has an on target percentage of 100% since this whole thing started. ;)

1) Booster shots are absolutely a good idea at this point. They normally provide a massive immune response and it's no different w/ Covid. They're talking 8 mos., but I personally think if you're at risk and around 6 mos. since your completed vaccination, it's smart to start scheduling now. It certainly can't hurt.

2) Israel is the canary in the coal mine for a lot of us for a myriad of reasons; one reason is they are one the most and earliest vaxed countries out there. They had folks receiving Pfizer doses back in Dec. '20. They are having a surge in hospitalizations w/ around half of them being vaxed. That shouldn't be quite as alarming as it sounds since there will always be breakthrough cases, and the higher percentage the community is vaxed, the higher percentage of those in the hospital will be vaxed. Still... it's alarming that they are not just talking about breakthrough infections, but breakthroughs w/ serious complications. Some folks aren't going to have a proper immune response no matter what, but they/we are definitely seeing a need for the boost.

3) There's a small studying being circulated by the CDC indicating a 2:1 reinfection:breakthrough rate of those w/ natural immunity compared to those w/ the vaccine. It's probably not definitive for nerdlike arguments on Shockernet, but it's enough for a thinking man to convince himself he should get the extra boost from "artificial" immunity. This Delta virus is no joke.

If you're reading this and saying, "WTF CB! I thought the vax was the end game". I will just say there are a lot of complicated things to consider:

1) The immune system is not a brick wall the moment antibodies are generated. There seems to be an issue of infectivity or virulence w/ Delta that enables it to overwhelm an "educated" immune system. This means that even though your body knows HOW to respond to the infection, it can't in time w/ some individuals. And in some of the earlier strains, they were already seeing signs of mechanisms the virus would use to disable/disarm/delay a person's immune system until the infection can take hold.

Imagine you're playing hockey. You've got one puck handler and one goaltender. Now imagine there are 10 puck handlers and still only one goaltender. Some of those biscuits are gonna hit the basket. That's what Delta is doing to some folks who are either previously infected or vaccinated.

I typed this up real quick so there might be mistakes. It makes me sad to visualize some of the possible scenarios we may be facing. I would absolutely get the booster either as per the CDC's guidance (8 mos) or right away. If you are weak/old, do not fk around. This insidious, alien seed is not finished w/ us yet.

And why don't you hold off on the weak trolls just this once.
            It looks like you are fully reading the full studies and not just what they are picking out. Except #3. But will let that slide.

There is, and never was, a way to eliminate this disease. The falsehood that it could be has continued to harm the general populations belief in benefits of taking the “vaccine”.

Maybe more places will begin to report what the future really looks like.

Comment

• "“I have elected not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for reasons will will remain private. While I have made my own decision, I respect that every individual–including our coaches, staff and student-athletes–can make his or her own decision regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. I will not comment further on my decision.”"

"There is a possibility still to get medical or religious exemptions from the state, but it is widely believed that Rolovich does not qualify for either exemption."

College Football Coach Could Lose Job Over New Mandate (msn.com)
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Alex Berenson @AlexBerenson

Aug 13
                As of Wednesday, Israel had 451 seriously ill Covid patients in its hospitals. 276 are vaccinated: 266 fully, 10 partly. A year ago today, before vaccines existed, it had a TOTAL of 368 seriously ill hospitalized patients.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Alex Berenson @AlexBerenson

Aug 13
                  As of Wednesday, Israel had 451 seriously ill Covid patients in its hospitals. 276 are vaccinated: 266 fully, 10 partly. A year ago today, before vaccines existed, it had a TOTAL of 368 seriously ill hospitalized patients.
                  There was an interesting hypothesis I saw on this. It was just a hypothesis and I don’t recall the numbers so I will throw out hypotheticals:

95% of people over 70 are vaccinated.

66% of people between 35 and 70 are vaccinated.

33% of people under 35 are vaccinated.

250 people over 70 are seriously ill.

30 people between 35 and 70 are seriously ill

6 people under 35 are seriously ill.

by pure population demographics, that’s 238 vaccinated over 70, 20 vaccinated between 35 and 70, and vaccinated 2 under 35.

It is possible that this is a demographic issue rather than a vaccine issue.

Livin the dream

Comment

• Fox News requires employees to provide vaccination status | TheHill

Comment

• But I thought Fox News was the Anti-Vax?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

But I thought Fox News was the Anti-Vax?
                        Unplug.

Having your vaccination status checked isn't the worst outcome from watching FoxNews.

Comment

• You listen to Fox News? You are enlightened.

Comment

• Listening to Lacey Cruse.....I guess she's a County Commissioner.

She's an idiot.

She doesn't feel safe as a woman "up here" (as a commissioner) being threatened. We have to get along (and get vaxxed and wear masks).

Hey Lacey.....then quit.
                            Last edited by WuDrWu; August 20, 2021, 07:10 PM.

Comment

• Isn't she one that demanded masks last year and then was caught at a party not wearing one? I know she's not alone in such actions, but you lose any and all credibility when you do that stuff.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

You listen to Fox News? You are enlightened.
                                No and no.

Comment

Working...
                                X