Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    I'm a believer in individual rights. That said, things like this make me wonder why everyone hasn't gotten vaccinated. It's everybody's choice in the matter, I know there have been side effects, and even deaths from the vaccine, but there are risks in everything.
    IMG_20211210_061835.jpg
    "That said, things like this make me wonder why everyone hasn't gotten vaccinated."

The answer to your question is disinformation, and on a lesser scale, misinformation. The effective delivery of a message regarding a national emergency begins at the very top. **** it up initially, and you will be paddling against the current for the remainder of the trip.

It is remarkable though, how stupid the stupid really are. These are the people who say they don't need "big brother". But in fact, they need big brother more than they will ever know. It's almost as if they're sleepwalking off a cliff. The mandates are the guy tapping them on the shoulder asking them to wake up before they fall.
    Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 10, 2021, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I don't think I'd vaccinate any of my kids if they were under 16, I'd have a real problem
      with vaccinating a five year-old. That said, I think everyone over 21 should be vaccinated regardless of a history of having the virus. I'd encourage everyone to do so, but I wouldn't mandate it. I also don't judge, people have their own reasons for making decisions. I also don't mourn for those who chose not to vaccinate and end up really sick or dying.

I also see every variant being less deadly. We are probably just a few more mutations from this being completey asymptotic in most and a common cold at worse.
      Why would you encourage people to get vaccinated if they’ve already had it?
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You know the answer to that question. Why continue to be part of the problem?

Comment

That said, things like this make me wonder why everyone hasn't gotten vaccinated.
          And the answer to your question appears as if my magic...

Originally posted by wufan View Post

This is the equivalent of a guy working at NASA who doesn't believe in gravity. It's clearly a case of "**** you because... **** you". These are dangerous people.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

The answer to your question is disinformation, and on a lesser scale, misinformation. The effective delivery of a message regarding a national emergency begins at the very top. **** it up initially, and you will be paddling against the current for the remainder of the trip.
            What you fail to understand or refuse to admit is that the misinformation and the lying started from "the other side' and continues today. They tried (and are still trying) to manipulate everyone by speaking in half truths and, in some cases, complete lies.

If they were truthful from the beginning, instead of taking the holier than thou attitude of "do what I'm telling you because I'm smarter" then we likely wouldn't be here. In a freedom loving society, some people will fight for their freedoms, regardless of what political side they happen to agree with...the surprise is that neither side seems to either understand this or remember it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What you fail to understand or refuse to admit is that the misinformation and the lying started from "the other side' and continues today. They tried (and are still trying) to manipulate everyone by speaking in half truths and, in some cases, complete lies.

If they were truthful from the beginning, instead of taking the holier than thou attitude of "do what I'm telling you because I'm smarter" then we likely wouldn't be here. In a freedom loving society, some people will fight for their freedoms, regardless of what political side they happen to agree with...the surprise is that neither side seems to either understand this or remember it.
              Bro... just stop.

“Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden,” NPR wrote in its report.

“People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.7 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.”

Could this be because Trump voters were older? No, the trend was robust even after controlling for age.
              If you said what you just said in a room full of smart people they would: 1) roll their eyes at you, and 2) bust out laughing.

There is truth, and there is something other than truth. The truth is, take the ****ing vaccine.

"Do what I'm telling you because I'm smarter"
              Sounds like sage advice and a fine way to become smart too. Maybe you should heed it. ;)

Comment

• I've taken the vaccine. I consulted with a medical professional. I will again if and when we agree it's needed. I try to convince anyone that wants to discuss with me to do the exact same thing. Visit with your doctor and get the vaccine if it makes sense, and it makes sense for most people. And most people have gotten the vaccine. And more are getting it everyday.

And it's not going to stop transmission. And it didn't, isn't and won't. And when we stop being political and start being medical, THEN we'll get past this....which we already mostly are, as I said long ago (not a doctor).

Telling someone to do something because you are smarter than they are (or more importantly, think you are smarter) has rarely been a successful plan.
                Last edited by WuDrWu; December 10, 2021, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Telling someone to do something because you are smarter than they are has rarely been a successful plan.
                  As every parent knows

Comment

• Got a friend in Hutch who has the china virus for the second time. She's fully vaxed, of course. Was in ICU the first time.

Comment

I've taken the vaccine. I consulted with a medical professional. I will again if and when we agree it's needed. I try to convince anyone that wants to discuss with me to do the exact same thing. Visit with your doctor and get the vaccine if it makes sense, and it makes sense for most people. And most people have gotten the vaccine. And more are getting it everyday.

And it's not going to stop transmission. And it didn't, isn't and won't. And when we stop being political and start being medical, THEN we'll get past this....which we already mostly are, as I said long ago (not a doctor).

Telling someone to do something because you are smarter than they are (or more importantly, think you are smarter) has rarely been a successful plan.
                      You're a walking, talking contradiction. You're like a guy that dresses in black and gold at a Shocker game yet cheers when the opposition scores.

You admit you're deathly afraid to leave your house and "only a whiff of Covid is likely to kill you", yet you boast over the fact that masks aren't required at games and cheer when the anti-vaxxers walk off their jobs.

If your goal is to troll one of the only people on this board who can piece together in his head all your discombobulated, contradictory comments, well... congrats I guess. However, it ticks a lot of boxes on the "Am I suffering from psychosis?" patient questionnaire. I do hope it's an act.

Comment

• Leftists have a permanent doom boner. If it is not one thing, then it is another. It is a personality type, and honestly sort of a mental condition. One crisis up in their head passes and they've got a missile battery locked and loaded for possible targets that will offer the next candidate of drama and upheaval.

Must be a purely awful way to live.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

As every parent knows
                          Right, so you let the kids run the household. Good plan.

If superior intelligence/knowledge/wisdom in a situation isn't recognized and at least mostly deferred to, then less-than-ideal outcomes are sure to follow.

Thankfully we have social constructs that identify those with "better ideas" (is that less triggering?) than others, giving them the authority to bypass those who would deter progress because... "**** them!"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Got a friend in Hutch who has the china virus for the second time. She's fully vaxed, of course. Was in ICU the first time.
                            Of course!!11

It was likely the Vax that cursed her with another round of Das Alien. Bill Gate's microchip acts as a viral homing beacon if you didn't know...

And on that note! Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                              Leftists have a permanent doom boner. If it is not one thing, then it is another. It is a personality type, and honestly sort of a mental condition. One crisis up in their head passes and they've got a missile battery locked and loaded for possible targets that will offer the next candidate of drama and upheaval.

Must be a purely awful way to live.
                              Their plan and hope is to keep people vulnerable and feeling like they need the government to save them. That's what butters their bread and lines their pockets. Entitlements, entitlements, entitlements... Most libbies (including Clod) are buying it hook line and sinker.

Comment

• He’s come unglued again. He’s weaker than he leads on to be.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X