Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I saw the graph. It’s flattened. Are we looking at the same thing?
    Click on news to see regional reports which can be an early sign of trend change.

Pediatric hospitalizations are up, but I want to see more data before I announce the threat in here... officially.

Comment

• One of the democratic state legislators who fled the state to unsuccessfully try to stop the Texas voting security legislation put out the following on Twitter:

James Talarico

@jamestalarico
      I got the coolest action figure for Christmas! Thank you to all the health care superheroes working today. Let’s help by getting vaxxed and boosted!

Comment

• COVID Has Been Overtaken by a Secondary Pandemic—and It's Real

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Click on news to see regional reports which can be an early sign of trend change.

Pediatric hospitalizations are up, but I want to see more data before I announce the threat in here... officially.
          So the graph wasn’t good enough for you?

The second article that came up was a CNN one, no less, citing rising cases but lower hospitalizations.

Yea, I saw a few of the panic ones that I’m sure grabbed you by the horns. Pediatric hospitalizations in NYC up 395%? What? From 2 to 6?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            One of the democratic state legislators who fled the state to unsuccessfully try to stop the Texas voting security legislation put out the following on Twitter:

James Talarico

@jamestalarico
            I got the coolest action figure for Christmas! Thank you to all the health care superheroes working today. Let’s help by getting vaxxed and boosted!

I’d rather get a lump of warm dogshit than that doll.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

That bobblehead is as reliable and effective as the real "dr." Fauxci.

Comment

So the graph wasn’t good enough for you?

The second article that came up was a CNN one, no less, citing rising cases but lower hospitalizations.

Yea, I saw a few of the panic ones that I’m sure grabbed you by the horns. Pediatric hospitalizations in NYC up 395%? What? From 2 to 6?
                Pediatric hospitalizations are up 395% in New York City since the week ending December 11, jumping from 22 to 109 the week ending December 23. Statewide pediatric hospitalizations jumped from 70 to 184.
                Among the 5-to-11-year-olds in the hospitalized group, none had been vaccinated, Bassett said. About a quarter of older kids recently hospitalized had been vaccinated, she said. Both vaccination rates are well below the averages in the New York population overall, which officials again say shows the power of vaccines to prevent severe COVID-related disease in all age groups, including the youngest.

"Many people continue to think that children do not become infected with COVID. This is not true. Children become infected with COVID and some will become hospitalized. The vaccination coverage remains too low," Bassett said. "We need to get child vaccinations up, particularly in the 5-to-11-year-old age group."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  One of the democratic state legislators who fled the state to unsuccessfully try to stop the Texas voting security legislation put out the following on Twitter:

James Talarico

@jamestalarico

Removable mask lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I would think even the worst doctor on the planet is worth more than a lump of warm dog ****.

Behold! The power of politics and propaganda!

Comment

• President Biden says there's no Federal answer to Covid and that it's the state's responsibility. And then heads to the beach house.

#Leadership

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        President Biden says there's no Federal answer to Covid and that it's the state's responsibility. And then heads to the beach house.

#Leadership
                        Imagine the lambasting by the resident covid expert if this occurred with the previous president.

Instead, crickets.

Why?
                        Political.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Imagine the lambasting by the resident covid expert if this occurred with the previous president.

Instead, crickets.

Why?
                          Political.
                          100%

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            President Biden says there's no Federal answer to Covid and that it's the state's responsibility. And then heads to the beach house.

#Leadership
                            The critical time for the "federal answer" was in the early months. The wheels fell off the wagon once the incumbent president decided there was an election to win and politicized everything possible at the cost of many, many lives. To this day, a much larger number of Trumpers than you would ever imagine believe the virus to be nothing more than a vehicle utilized to harm Trump's presidency/legacy. It's delusion to the extreme. And it's never-ending.

The first time we **** the bed was when the Trump administration downplayed the virus instead of ringing every alarm they had and scaring the bejesus out of people. That would have bought us some time. Once the presidential elections were over, Trump had his followers so angry at "ThE STeaL" that they gladly would have given their lives (many did) to the virus just to make it look like Biden did worse. Trump hiding the fact he got vaccinated was the best parting gift he could give to his people --- to ensure many would die.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Just makes me really sad and mad.

Comment

• U.S. health officials on Monday cut isolation restrictions for asymptomatic Americans who catch the coronavirus from 10 to five days, and similarly shortened the time that close contacts need to quarantine. The CDC’s isolation and quarantine guidance has confused the public, and the new recommendations are “happening at a time when more people are testing positive for the first time and looking for guidance,” said Lindsay Wiley, an American University public health law expert.

no longer 10 days, but 5 !! Science !!

Comment

Instead, crickets.

Why?
                                Political.
                                Do you even understand how pandemics work? Of course you don't.

What federal response do you think would help at this point? Contact tracing? Hospital ships? National Guard handing out water bottles?

If this whole thing goes tits up yet again, and hospital integrity is threatened, then a national response WILL be given.

The federal government has thrown trillions of dollars at the virus and its been swallowed whole with little signs of any effect. The damage was done long ago when the people were led astray. And by "the people", I mean the Right. The Left has in large part acted very responsibly and in accordance with best practices during the pandemic. That's not political, that's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                                X