No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So for the unvacinatted that get covid today...will they get the original covid? The delta? Or the omicron? Serious yet admittedly naive question I realize.
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
      So for the unvacinatted that get covid today...will they get the original covid? The delta? Or the omicron? Serious yet admittedly naive question I realize.
      Today? Delta.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So for the unvacinatted that get covid today...will they get the original covid? The delta? Or the omicron? Serious yet admittedly naive question I realize.
        Omicron is just now beginning to become the dominant strain. Because it appears to be more transmissible, it will soon overtake Delta. You can still get Delta and the original, but they are becoming a smaller % of the population over time.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• As of Dec 4, in the United States delta is 99.9% of all cases and the other 0.1% are variants other than omicron. Omicron can't even be mathematically represented with only one decimal point.

They are researching omicron's R0 right now. Until we have a that information, we don't have a key fact in knowing if it's more transmissible or not (it's not the only pertinent fact we need to know -- we also need to know to what extent it can evade immunization and natural immunity).
          Last edited by Kung Wu; December 8, 2021, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Get vaccinated brother. There's no downside. It increases your odds of having a good outcome regardless of what variant takes residence inside your body.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Get vaccinated brother. There's no downside. It increases your odds of having a good outcome regardless of what variant takes residence inside your body.
              Spoke to my backhoe guy an hour ago. He said his dad, Henry, got the shot. His tongue swelled up to where he couldn't eat. His doctor told him it was a side effect of the jab, and there was nothing they could for him, just takes time. He got sores on his tongue and had to swallow all that crap. He's better now. I've known Henry for 20 years, guessing him at 65 or so......

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Spoke to my backhoe guy an hour ago. He said his dad, Henry, got the shot. His tongue swelled up to where he couldn't eat. His doctor told him it was a side effect of the jab, and there was nothing they could for him, just takes time. He got sores on his tongue and had to swallow all that crap. He's better now. I've known Henry for 20 years, guessing him at 65 or so......
                Hmm, think that might work for genitals too? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Spoke to my backhoe guy an hour ago. He got sores on his tongue and had to swallow all that crap. He's better now. I've known Henry for 20 years, guessing him at 65 or so......
                  I'm guessing your backhoe guy doesn't know his dad quite as good as he thinks he does. Tell Henry to stop hanging around the massage parlors.

Comment

• Yeah, I dunno either

Comment

• Swollen tongue is really odd. It’s rarely associated with vivid infection, so makes sense that it could also be rarely associated with the vaccine.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Daniel Horowitz

8.28 billion doses of injection have been administered globally, yet there is more all-cause mortality this year than last year when there was zero built-up immunity and little understanding of how to treat the virus. Think about that long and hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hmm, think that might work for genitals too? Asking for a friend.
                          That was low brow exceptional humor.

Comment

Knowing you there has to be a punchline here somewhere.

Comment

Daniel Horowitz

8.28 billion doses of injection have been administered globally, yet there is more all-cause mortality this year than last year when there was zero built-up immunity and little understanding of how to treat the virus. Think about that long and hard.
                              Because Delta.

Because pandemics suck in a very big way. The physical and mental strain on the world is enormous. Had it not been for modern medicine, "all-cause mortality" numbers would be astronomical.

...and all of us 40+ males would be dead from old age.

Comment

8.28 billion doses of injection have been administered globally,
                                The only thing I’m reading is BIG FAT BONUS!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X