Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omicron: The delta-slayer

The press has been loaded with doom and gloom stories about the omicron variant. But in reality, omicron is nature's version of a vaccine for the Wuhan Plague.

Omicron infections are often asymptomatic (vaxxed or not). Where not completely unnoticeable, omicron cases produce short-lived, mild illness to nearly all afflicted. And at the end of the less-than-traumatic ordeal, the newly COVID-recovered is bestowed with better, more durable, natural immunity to COVID over all the vaccines in the world.

Not sure about some of this author's statements and I think his conclusions are premature I a hope this proves to be the case. In any case, taking steps to strengthen our immune systems is something folks should continue to do, even if the Xi virus mutates into a mild endemic type of virus.

Comment

• CDC Vaccine Advisory Panel to Meet on Severe Condition Linked to J&J’s COVID-19 Vaccine

A panel of experts who advise the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on vaccines is meeting Thursday to discuss updates to a severe condition linked to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.

The panel will listen to presentations by CDC officials on thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), which U.S. drug regulators say has a “causal relationship” with the jab, according to a draft agenda for the meeting.

The syndrome is a combination of blood clots and low blood platelet levels.

Concern over patients getting the syndrome after getting the vaccine led to a near-nationwide pause in administering the shot in the spring, but the pause was lifted after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determined the benefits of the vaccine outweighed its risks.

Since then, more evidence has emerged linking the syndrome to the vaccine.

Comment

• I cannot find the R0 of omicron because researchers haven't posted yet. But I don't need to at this point. It's high. Really high. In two weeks it has gone from 0% of the US population to already at 2.x% of new cases. It's the new dominant strain for sure, and going to run over the US population super fast and it's going to be very difficult to avoid. If it's as mild as is being reported, it's gonna shut down the nasty variants, give a TON of people the sniffles and drowsies and then we're good. If it's not mild we are gonna see a ton of sick people in the hospital in a compressed timeframe soon.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Seems like OMICRON!!! (insert Ben Shapiro saying it), is the beginning of the end for this whole cluster fark. A variant which kills essentially no one and infects nearly everyone with a seasonal cold type of illness seems like a gift from the heavens.

Comment

• The purple bar at the bottom is omicron. It leapt from 0.4% of tests to 2.9% in only one week. It's gonna crank through society faster than fast. If it's truly mild, this is indeed a blessing. If not, hospitals are gonna be really crowded all at once, and pretty darn soon.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• So far, the Omicron variant has not killed as many people as Alec Baldwin.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                CDC Vaccine Advisory Panel to Meet on Severe Condition Linked to J&J’s COVID-19 Vaccine

A panel of experts who advise the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on vaccines is meeting Thursday to discuss updates to a severe condition linked to Johnson & Johnson’s COVID-19 vaccine.

The panel will listen to presentations by CDC officials on thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), which U.S. drug regulators say has a “causal relationship” with the jab, according to a draft agenda for the meeting.

The syndrome is a combination of blood clots and low blood platelet levels.

Concern over patients getting the syndrome after getting the vaccine led to a near-nationwide pause in administering the shot in the spring, but the pause was lifted after the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) determined the benefits of the vaccine outweighed its risks.

Since then, more evidence has emerged linking the syndrome to the vaccine.
                I haven’t looked into this since it was first reported. The initial “pause” had rates identical to the pill and only in a population that was on the pill.

If someone has an updated scientific study, I would like to review.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  So far, the Omicron variant has not killed as many people as Alec Baldwin.....
                  One dead in the UK. If it is as deadly as Delta, we will expect ~ 40 deaths in the US by 1/1/22 from Omicron.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• More proof that masks and mask mandates don't do jack sh!t. Luckily none of the businesses I have been to since Dictator Newsome's new mandate have been enforcing it here in San Diego. I will not be wearing a mask and will not spend money in any business enforcing it.

This article lays out what should be logical to all of us, but is lost on the ignorant power hungry left. That is the fact that vaccines work but masks simply do not! Look at the graph which compares cases per 100,000 in counties with mask mandates vs. those without.

When analyzing that middle portion of the graph, it's difficult to come away with the takeaway that mask mandates led to lower peak case rates. Take for instance, Stanislaus County and San Bernardino County, both of which have a total population vaccination rate of 53%. Stanislaus reinstated an indoor mask mandate while San Bernardino did not, but still saw a much higher case rate (56 cases per 100,000 residents to 39.1 cases per 100,000 residents).
                    Capture.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                      More proof that masks and mask mandates don't do jack sh!t. Luckily none of the businesses I have been to since Dictator Newsome's new mandate have been enforcing it here in San Diego. I will not be wearing a mask and will not spend money in any business enforcing it.

This article lays out what should be logical to all of us, but is lost on the ignorant power hungry left. That is the fact that vaccines work but masks simply do not! Look at the graph which compares cases per 100,000 in counties with mask mandates vs. those without.

Capture.JPG
                      Could you do us all a solid and replace that line with a sharpie or crayon please?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Could you do us all a solid and replace that line with a sharpie or crayon please?
                        Here you go. LoL!

InkedCapture_LI.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I cannot find the R0 of omicron because researchers haven't posted yet. But I don't need to at this point. It's high. Really high. In two weeks it has gone from 0% of the US population to already at 2.x% of new cases. It's the new dominant strain for sure, and going to run over the US population super fast and it's going to be very difficult to avoid. If it's as mild as is being reported, it's gonna shut down the nasty variants, give a TON of people the sniffles and drowsies and then we're good. If it's not mild we are gonna see a ton of sick people in the hospital in a compressed timeframe soon.
                          Based on UK and South Africa data, while cases have climbed, deaths have been extremely low.

This is probably why Cold has ghosted.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Based on UK and South Africa data, while cases have climbed, deaths have been extremely low.

This is probably why Cold has ghosted.
                            I think as of right now, Omicron has officially and literally killed one person. And you KNOW if anyone else's death even came close to being associated with it they would call it a covid death.

That's saying something.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

I think as of right now, Omicron has officially and literally killed one person. And you KNOW if anyone else's death even came close to being associated with it they would call it a covid death.

That's saying something.
                              I would appear your odds of living are in fact improved if you get Omicron, no?

Comment

• Fact check: COVID-19 vaccines not linked to deaths in children (usatoday.com)

Comment

Working...
                                X