Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You’re “seeing” what your political beliefs tell you to see.

It’s far more likely that the virus was “virusing “ and just was in a lull. That’s how viruses work. When we learned kids were basically in no danger from this thing, we should have had then running around doing everything possible to get the damned thing and we’d probably be done with it by now. Instead we listen to politicians and bleeding hearts scared of their shadow.

It was in a lull because the vaccines were 95% effective against the original virus. Then those who refused vaccines and those who had no access to vaccines created a pool for mutations. Viruses will always mutate. More infectious mutations will always replace the less infectious strains.

The vaccines are less effective against a more infectious strain of the virus. As the more infectious Delta variant strain became the dominant strain, the vaccines effectiveness was reduced due to the higher transmission rate of the Delta variant.

If you let kids get it, they will survive, probably without many symptoms or problems, but they are then carriers who will spread it to other segments of the population who have more serious outcomes. You're proposing a modern day Typhoid Mary - asymptomatic carriers who infect others who die. With the Delta variant, we're starting to see more kids with bad outcomes.

You seem to be endorsing the "let 'er rip" theory of eradicating the virus. Every model that projected deaths under the original strain predicted well over a million deaths. With the enhanced transmission rates of the Delta variant, that number could go higher. We have developed some therapeutics and some improved therapies that are reducing death rates..

I am trying to keep politics out of this and provide information from observations, instead of blasting talking points from biased media sources. It seems that blasting media reports takes precedence over observations of what's actually happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

It was in a lull because the vaccines were 95% effective against the original virus. Then those who refused vaccines and those who had no access to vaccines created a pool for mutations. Viruses will always mutate. More infectious mutations will always replace the less infectious strains.

The vaccines are less effective against a more infectious strain of the virus. As the more infectious Delta variant strain became the dominant strain, the vaccines effectiveness was reduced due to the higher transmission rate of the Delta variant.

If you let kids get it, they will survive, probably without many symptoms or problems, but they are then carriers who will spread it to other segments of the population who have more serious outcomes. You're proposing a modern day Typhoid Mary - asymptomatic carriers who infect others who die. With the Delta variant, we're starting to see more kids with bad outcomes.

You seem to be endorsing the "let 'er rip" theory of eradicating the virus. Every model that projected deaths under the original strain predicted well over a million deaths. With the enhanced transmission rates of the Delta variant, that number could go higher. We have developed some therapeutics and some improved therapies that are reducing death rates..

I am trying to keep politics out of this and provide information from observations, instead of blasting talking points from biased media sources. It seems that blasting media reports takes precedence over observations of what's actually happening.
      This is definitely true! They said it on MSN.
      Livin the dream

Comment

*sigh* Let's try to be clear about a few things.

1) Nobody wants anyone to die.
        2) People will die.
        3) We know who this thing affects the worst. Those people are vaxxed at almost 93%. I think most of us would like it to be more, but it's their choice.
        4) The Vax is likely to help you a lot if you get it, especially if you're in a group of people that is 65+, overweight, diabetic or immunocompromised.
        5) Our rich society has a lot of the above.
        6) That's NOT the fault of healthy people and young people (for the record, I'm in a lot of those problem groups)
        7) For the most part, kids aren't getting sick. Your comment "we're starting to see more kids with bad outcomes" is a half truth at best. I know several people that have actually died from Covid. Almost every one of those people had additional problems but certainly several had no reason to think death was close. I don't think I know I single child or young person (under 25) that's even been to the hospital. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying it's highly irregular and when it happens, it's likely tied to something else as well. I remember seeing a report on a 17 year old on a vent....I don't know the outcome. He was at least 450 pounds and severely autistic (something that surprisingly didn't make the headlines). I know a lot of people at WSU, where they've been testing athletes often for more than a year. A very few number had cold like related symptoms. I don't know anyone that's been hospitalized. I imagine every one of them has been hungover worse than Covid sickness in the last 18 months.
        8) Nobody wants a single child sick or dead.
        9) A few children will get sick and die. It's tragic, every single time.
        10) Everyone is a potential carrier. It's proven that being vaxxed at this point is not keeping people from getting it and transmitting it. Kids don't generally have at risk parents. The vast amount of kids have under 50 parents. Not all. But most. That children are going to be superspreaders among those vulnerable is just lacking in common sense.
        11) Natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. It's not debatable. Regardless, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR and do what's best for you, and for the vast majority, that's going to be getting the shot.
        12) Almost 76% of adults have had a shot. An unknown amount of adults in addition have natural immunity. How many? We don't know. But with almost 41,000,000 cases...let's say 20% of those haven't been vaxxed, so another 8 million meaning close to 79% of adults are carrying some amount of immunity. How long will that last? I'm going to say nobody knows. It will vary.
        13) If you've had it, the chances of you needing the vax are almost nil. Get tested and TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
        14) This should be a lesson to us all to be more healthy. Don't smoke cigarettes, pipes, cigars or weed. Drink less (alcohol). Eat less. Eat more healthy foods and less processed foods. Get more exercise. Get sleep. Take better care of yourself before it's too late. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
        15) We've learned a ton about how to deal with this, therapeutics and others. Politics continues to impede here. Still, every day we get better. People are still responsible for themselves.
        16) It's not "let r rip". It's informed science.
        17) Stop firing nurses and doctors.
        18) Stop blaming groups of people you don't like.
        19) We aren't going to "stop" this thing. At best we're going to better manage those that get it.
        20) Stop being part of the problem.

Comment

• Less 500 people under the age of 18 have died with Covid in the last 20 months. That’s a population of 75 million.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            Less 500 people under the age of 18 have died with Covid in the last 20 months. That’s a population of 75 million.
            A total of 4,871 teenagers died in car accidents in the 24 month span of 2018 and 2019.

Comment

Your words match mine and 99% of the health care experts in the world. That means you're likely correct. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

*sigh* Let's try to be clear about a few things.

1) Nobody wants anyone to die.
                2) People will die.
                3) We know who this thing affects the worst. Those people are vaxxed at almost 93%. I think most of us would like it to be more, but it's their choice.
                4) The Vax is likely to help you a lot if you get it, especially if you're in a group of people that is 65+, overweight, diabetic or immunocompromised.
                5) Our rich society has a lot of the above.
                6) That's NOT the fault of healthy people and young people (for the record, I'm in a lot of those problem groups)
                7) For the most part, kids aren't getting sick. Your comment "we're starting to see more kids with bad outcomes" is a half truth at best. I know several people that have actually died from Covid. Almost every one of those people had additional problems but certainly several had no reason to think death was close. I don't think I know I single child or young person (under 25) that's even been to the hospital. I'm not saying it doesn't happen. I'm saying it's highly irregular and when it happens, it's likely tied to something else as well. I remember seeing a report on a 17 year old on a vent....I don't know the outcome. He was at least 450 pounds and severely autistic (something that surprisingly didn't make the headlines). I know a lot of people at WSU, where they've been testing athletes often for more than a year. A very few number had cold like related symptoms. I don't know anyone that's been hospitalized. I imagine every one of them has been hungover worse than Covid sickness in the last 18 months.
                8) Nobody wants a single child sick or dead.
                9) A few children will get sick and die. It's tragic, every single time.
                10) Everyone is a potential carrier. It's proven that being vaxxed at this point is not keeping people from getting it and transmitting it. Kids don't generally have at risk parents. The vast amount of kids have under 50 parents. Not all. But most. That children are going to be superspreaders among those vulnerable is just lacking in common sense.
                11) Natural immunity is superior to the vaccine. It's not debatable. Regardless, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR and do what's best for you, and for the vast majority, that's going to be getting the shot.
                12) Almost 76% of adults have had a shot. An unknown amount of adults in addition have natural immunity. How many? We don't know. But with almost 41,000,000 cases...let's say 20% of those haven't been vaxxed, so another 8 million meaning close to 79% of adults are carrying some amount of immunity. How long will that last? I'm going to say nobody knows. It will vary.
                13) If you've had it, the chances of you needing the vax are almost nil. Get tested and TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
                14) This should be a lesson to us all to be more healthy. Don't smoke cigarettes, pipes, cigars or weed. Drink less (alcohol). Eat less. Eat more healthy foods and less processed foods. Get more exercise. Get sleep. Take better care of yourself before it's too late. TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.
                15) We've learned a ton about how to deal with this, therapeutics and others. Politics continues to impede here. Still, every day we get better. People are still responsible for themselves.
                16) It's not "let r rip". It's informed science.
                17) Stop firing nurses and doctors.
                18) Stop blaming groups of people you don't like.
                19) We aren't going to "stop" this thing. At best we're going to better manage those that get it.
                20) Stop being part of the problem.
                A nice blend of ignorance, propaganda, and straight up self-delusion! Your comments are perfectly aligned with one particular ophthalmologist, radiologist and a legion of Covidiots. The rest of the experts in the field (and myself), are rolling our eyes.

Hope you're staying safe out there!

Comment

• I do monitor this thread occasionally, and if I find the misinformation to be too great, I will have to start posting facts again as a matter of public service. WuTheOne will carry the banner for now as I've grown bored. I think I've got so many antibodies floating in me after the booster, I'm even becoming immune to this thread.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure WuTheOne is Cold’s weekend login while he “breaks”.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      I do monitor this thread occasionally, and if I find the misinformation to be too great, I will have to start posting facts again as a matter of public service. WuTheOne will carry the banner for now as I've grown bored. I think I've got so many antibodies floating in me after the booster, I'm even becoming immune to this thread.
                      ok, I don't think you are real

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

ok, I don't think you are real
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wei Jingsheng, the father of China’s democracy movement, reveals that he first heard of a new, mysterious virus at the time of the World Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019.

China’s most famous defector to America warned US intelligence agencies of coronavirus in 2019

China’s most famous defector to America warned US intelligence agencies a coronavirus was spreading in Wuhan in November 2019 – six weeks before China admitted there was an outbreak.

Wei Jingsheng, the father of China’s democracy movement, reveals in a new book, “What Really Happened in Wuhan,” that he first heard of a mysterious new virus at the time of the World Military Games in Wuhan in October 2019.

Highly alarmed, the former Chinese Communist Party insider, whose defection to the United States in 1997 made global news, alerted intelligence agencies, a US politician with links to the president and Chinese human rights activist Dimon Liu.

Asked if he had any sense the intelligence agencies were taking seriously his intelligence about a new virus in Wuhan, 70-year-old Wei said: “I felt they were not as heavily concerned as I was so I tried my best to provide more detailed information. They may not believe there is (a) government of a country that would do something like that (cover up a virus). So I kept repeating myself in an effort to try to persuade them.”
                          Biden needs to go have lunch with Chairman Xi to discuss the issue and pull up in one of these...

Comment

• Bob Enyart, Anti-Vax ‘Real Science Radio’ Host, Dies of COVID-19 (msn.com)

Comment

• With each and every one of these posts, your IQ drops by 10 points.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• "Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question the wisest person I’ve known."

Obviously!!!

Natural Selection is exceedingly efficient.

Comment

Working...
                                X