• Show
Clear All

• because delta my ass

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
      because delta my ass

Comment

Spoke to my backhoe guy an hour ago. He said his dad, Henry, got the shot. His tongue swelled up to where he couldn't eat. His doctor told him it was a side effect of the jab, and there was nothing they could for him, just takes time. He got sores on his tongue and had to swallow all that crap. He's better now. I've known Henry for 20 years, guessing him at 65 or so......
        People with covid can get something known as 'covid tongue' (https://www.healthline.com/health/in...n/covid-tongue)

In fact, what looks like COVID tongue could easily be a symptom of a different viral or bacterial infection. Even when the bumps and swelling are clearly connected to COVID, there are many possible reasons. COVID tongue might be caused by:
        • A high number of ACE receptors in your tongue. ACE receptors are proteins found on cells in your body. When the virus that causes COVID-19, SARS-CoV-2, attaches to ACE receptors, it can get into your cells. You have a large number of ACE receptors in your tongue, which could lead to swelling when you have a COVID-19 infection.
        • Your immune system fighting COVID-19. When your immune system is fighting a bacterial or viral infection, it can cause swelling throughout your body. This could include the tongue swelling associated with COVID tongue.
        • COVID causing oral thrush. Oral thrush is a fungus in your mouth that can be caused by a number of infections. This might include COVID-19. Plus, oral thrush is a side effect of some of the medications used to treat COVID-19.
        • Changes to the surface of your tongue. Infections are known to sometimes lead to changes on the surface of your tongue that can lead to mouth ulcers and other symptoms. It’s possible COVID-19 can lead to this sort of change.
        • Dry mouth. COVID-19 can affect your salivary glands and cause them to secrete less salvia. This could lead to dry mouth. It’s well studied that dry mouth can lead to multiple other oral issues.
        • COVID activating oral herpes. The inflammation caused by COVID-19 can activate other viruses in your body. This might include the herpes simplex virus, which lays dormant in your body even when you don’t have symptoms. COVID could cause the herpes virus to activate and cause mouth ulcers.

COVID tongue could be caused by any one of these factors or by a combination of them. There’s also a chance that COVID tongue is sometimes caused by breathing tubes and other COVID treatments that could irritate your mouth and lead to a swollen tongue.
        Sounds like he may have had a similar reaction to the vaccine.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

because delta my ass

Come on man!! Any death before Brandon is a Trump death, anything after is a delta death and pandemics suck.

Comment

• LoL! Mental midgets gonna midget.

You asked for it.

Here comes the medicine:

Someone is killing Republicans and Trump voters

It is up to conservative leaders to save their own.

(RNS) — To say that someone is killing Republicans and Trump supporters in this country sounds like a conspiracy theory gone crazy. It is the kind of conspiracy theory that should be banned by Facebook and Twitter.

But the evidence is overwhelming.

People in counties that voted for Donald Trump in 2020 are dying at much higher rates from COVID-19 than people who live in counties that voted for Joe Biden, according to a study by National Public Radio.
            “Since May 2021, people living in counties that voted heavily for Donald Trump during the last presidential election have been nearly three times as likely to die from COVID-19 as those who live in areas that went for now-President Biden,” NPR wrote in its report.

“People living in counties that went 60% or higher for Trump in November 2020 had 2.7 times the death rates of those that went for Biden. Counties with an even higher share of the vote for Trump saw higher COVID-19 mortality rates.”

Could this be because Trump voters were older? No, the trend was robust even after controlling for age.
            The "Trump issue" in the 2024 election is resolving itself. Mother Nature is intervening.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
              LoL! Mental midgets gonna midget.

You asked for it.

Here comes the medicine:

The "Trump issue" in the 2024 election is resolving itself. Mother Nature is intervening.
              So now the virus is political? Interesting.

How’s the black vaccination rate going?
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Here's an interesting article from spring 2020:

(RNS) — Data from the Pew Research Center indicates that Republicans may have risked their lives because they trusted the president’s views on the pandemic.

Is Trump killing his supporters?

Data from the Pew Research Center indicates that Republicans may have risked their lives because they trusted the president’s views on the pandemic.
                (RNS) — Has President Donald Trump put the lives of his supporters at risk because of his early downplaying of the coronavirus epidemic?

Although he now is saying 100,000 deaths will be a win, for months the president ignored warnings from professionals and told the country not to worry.

In January, he said that the situation was “under control” and “it’s going to be just fine.” “We have very little problem in this country,” he said later in January. As late as March 5, he tweeted that we had “only 129 cases.” On March 12, he said we have “very few cases” compared with other countries. Numerous times he compared the virus to the flu.
                When the coronavirus epidemic is over, social scientists are going to have a field day examining the impact of Trump’s leadership, or lack of it, on the contagion.

Did Republicans get infected and die at a higher rate than Democrats? Did red states (or counties) have higher infection rates than blue states? Did evangelicals do worse than other religious groups? Did viewers of Fox News get infected at a higher rate than those who watched CNN?

Such studies will have to control for many other factors, such as age, occupation and income, but the results will certainly be interesting one way or the other.
                Interesting question posited back in April, 2020. As we (in reality) are now well aware - yes, Donald Trump ****ed up big-time!

Just about every single Covid death in America (and many in the world, as they look to us for leadership), lies on the back of Donald J. Trump.

There's no stuffing the genie back into the bottle. Biden wasn't going to come in and magically erase the virus after it was allowed to freely consume Americans for almost 9 mos. prior. Daily infections were north of 250k when Uncle Joe was sworn in. Since the very start of his presidency he has followed the experts' advice, word for word. Trump thwarted the experts at every turn... when it mattered most.

Comment

LoL! Mental midgets gonna midget.

You asked for it.

Here comes the medicine:

Yep. It's all white conservative Trump supporters not getting vaccinated...

Unplug Clod...

Some experts and health advocates have found unvaccinated people of color to be vaccine 'deliberate' rather than vaccine hesitant.

Comment

Here's an interesting article from spring 2020:

https://religionnews.com/2020/04/02/...is-supporters/

Interesting question posited back in April, 2020. As we (in reality) are now well aware - yes, Donald Trump ****ed up big-time!

Just about every single Covid death in America (and many in the world, as they look to us for leadership), lies on the back of Donald J. Trump.

There's no stuffing the genie back into the bottle. Biden wasn't going to come in and magically erase the virus after it was allowed to freely consume Americans for almost 9 mos. prior. Daily infections were north of 250k when Uncle Joe was sworn in. Since the very start of his presidency he has followed the experts' advice, word for word. Trump thwarted the experts at every turn... when it mattered most.
                    You’re such a moron. If Trump came in and locked down the country on March 1st (and the left would’ve complained) for a month, that wouldn’t have stopped anything. It only would’ve delayed it. Remember there’s no such thing as borders? It’s a damn virus. You can’t contain it no matter how much you want to believe you can. You’re just using it as a scapegoat to blame Trump like every one of your left-wing nutjob friends.

Moron.
                    Last edited by ShockerFever; December 9, 2021, 03:38 PM.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

You’re such a moron. If Trump came in and locked down the country on March 1st (and the left would’ve complained) for a month, that wouldn’t have stopped anything. It only would’ve delayed it. Remember there’s no such thing as borders? It’s a damn virus. You can’t contain it no matter how much you want to believe you can. You’re just using it as a scapegoat to blame Trump like everyone one of your left-wing nutjob friends.

Moron.
                      Now is a “nut job” the same as a “blowjob”, except it occurs on one of the the “nuts”, or is there a totally different meaning? Asking for Clod and his friends.

Comment

• nm
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I'm a believer in individual rights. That said, things like this make me wonder why everyone hasn't gotten vaccinated. It's everybody's choice in the matter, I know there have been side effects, and even deaths from the vaccine, but there are risks in everything.
                          IMG_20211210_061835.jpg
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            I'm a believer in self determination and individual rights. That said, things like this make me wonder why everyone hasn't gotten vaccinated. It's everybody's choice in the matter, I know there have been side effects, and even deaths from the vaccine, but there are risks in everything.
                            IMG_20211210_061835.jpg
                            You make a compelling point, but there is some nuance that the chart doesn’t show; the hospitalization rate of people under 20 and 20-30. Very few people in that range are going to be in the red plotted line.

Additionally, your chances of hospitalization, unvaccinated, across all ages is 0.04%, or 1:2200.

The second group of people that might not feel compelled to vaccinate are those that have already had vivid. What’s the reinfection rate, and for those that do get it, what’s the hospitalization rate?

If the government was serious about this, they wouldn’t be pushing vaccination on those that have already tested positive or those under ~ 25.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

You make a compelling point, but there is some nuance that the chart doesn’t show; the hospitalization rate of people under 20 and 20-30. Very few people in that range are going to be in the red plotted line.

Additionally, your chances of hospitalization, unvaccinated, across all ages is 0.04%, or 1:2200.

The second group of people that might not feel compelled to vaccinate are those that have already had vivid. What’s the reinfection rate, and for those that do get it, what’s the hospitalization rate?

If the government was serious about this, they wouldn’t be pushing vaccination on those that have already tested positive or those under ~ 25.
                              I don't think I'd vaccinate any of my kids if they were under 16, I'd have a real problem
                              with vaccinating a five year-old. That said, I think everyone over 21 should be vaccinated regardless of a history of having the virus. I'd encourage everyone to do so, but I wouldn't mandate it. I also don't judge, people have their own reasons for making decisions. I also don't mourn for those who chose not to vaccinate and end up really sick or dying.

I also see every variant being less deadly. We are probably just a few more mutations from this being completey asymptotic in most and a common cold at worse.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                I also see every variant being less deadly. We are probably just a few more mutations from this being completey asymptotic in most and a common cold at worse.
                                This is what happened to the Spanish Flu in the pandemic of 1918.

With the urbanization of the world, and the proliferation of consumer air travel, any modern world pandemic is going to surpass and be prolonged when compared with the pandemic of 1918. The world has in effect become smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X