No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joplin has a covid problem. They've got almost all ICU units and ventilators used. Someone posted that Missouri has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, so I went and checked how bad it was in Missouri.

Joplin has a significantly higher rate of vaccinations than Sedgwick County.

Diseases we no longer concern ourselves with because they've mostly been eliminated by mass vaccinations

Polio
    Smallpos
    Measles
    Mumps
    Rubella
    Tetanus
    Hepatitis A
    Hepatitis B
    Whooping Cough
    Pneumococcal Pneumonia
    Chickenpox
    Diphtheria

Disease (or infections) we could control if we would get vaccinated against them

Covid
    HPV

If we had the same response to the polio vaccine as we're seeing to the covid vaccine, we'd still be seeing polio cases today.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
      Joplin has a covid problem. They've got almost all ICU units and ventilators used. Someone posted that Missouri has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, so I went and checked how bad it was in Missouri.

Diseases we no longer concern ourselves with because they've mostly been eliminated by mass vaccinations

Polio
      Smallpos
      Measles
      Mumps
      Rubella
      Tetanus
      Hepatitis A
      Hepatitis B
      Whooping Cough
      Pneumococcal Pneumonia
      Chickenpox
      Diphtheria

Disease (or infections) we could control if we would get vaccinated against them

Covid
      HPV

If we had the same response to the polio vaccine as we're seeing to the covid vaccine, we'd still be seeing polio cases today.
      Not sure where you got your numbers, but I’m seeing Sedgwick county at 43% and jasper county at 21%

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

Not sure where you got your numbers, but I’m seeing Sedgwick county at 43% and jasper county at 21%

Is the Double Deuce fully open again?

Comment

Joplin has a covid problem. They've got almost all ICU units and ventilators used. Someone posted that Missouri has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, so I went and checked how bad it was in Missouri.

Polio
          Smallpos
          Measles
          Mumps
          Rubella
          Tetanus
          Hepatitis A
          Hepatitis B
          Whooping Cough
          Pneumococcal Pneumonia
          Chickenpox
          Diphtheria

Covid
          HPV

You do understand all of the patients in their hospital are not required to be from Jasper County, correct?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is the Double Deuce fully open again?
            Rule #1: Be Nice

Comment

Polio
              Smallpos
              Measles
              Mumps
              Rubella
              Tetanus
              Hepatitis A
              Hepatitis B
              Whooping Cough
              Pneumococcal Pneumonia
              Chickenpox
              Diphtheria

Covid
              HPV

Polio is currently on a resurgence in the Middle East.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

I believe he is batting .1000. He definitely isn't batting 1.000
                That's so funny!

Almost as funny as when a guy jumps on someone for their 'GRAMMER'.. Oopsies!

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

This post is one of several hundred inaccuracies.
                  An open invitation still stands for anyone and everyone who wishes, to analyze all my past statements regarding the pandemic looking for predictions, guidance, or commentary that either were untrue or became untrue. I'll gladly pay a tenner for each to that person's politically neutral favorite charity.

Fair warning though: your time would be better spent mining for Bitcoin instead...

Comment

• I'm 100% ready for Covid vaccine ID cards in the United States. Lock down everything, including the grocery stores. The unvaccinated will still have access though, they'll just have to use curbside service for everything. It's a beautiful solution that respects both the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

Comment

Polio
                      Smallpos
                      Measles
                      Mumps
                      Rubella
                      Tetanus
                      Hepatitis A
                      Hepatitis B
                      Whooping Cough
                      Pneumococcal Pneumonia
                      Chickenpox
                      Diphtheria

Covid
                      HPV

Not that it matters, but several years ago my son was hospitalized with whooping cough.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Texas patient becomes U.S.' first monkeypox case since 2003

A Dallas, Texas, resident who recently returned from Nigeria has tested positive for monkeypox, a rare virus similar to smallpox, local officials said Friday. Though this is the first confirmed case of the virus in the U.S. since 2003, officials said the public should not be concerned.

"While rare, this case is not a reason for alarm and we do not expect any threat to the general public," Dallas County Judge Clay Jenkins said in a statement from Dallas County's health department. Because passengers were wearing masks on the flight and in the airport, the health department said, "It's believed the risk of spread of monkeypox via respiratory droplets to others on the planes and in the airports is low."

Monkeypox, which is in the same family of viruses as smallpox, is a rare but potentially deadly viral infection that begins with flu-like symptoms and progresses to a rash on the face and body, according to the CDC. It tends to last two to four weeks. People who do not have symptoms are not capable of transmitting the virus, the health department said.
                        Score one for the masks!

Not worried about the Monkeypox turning into a pandemic as that virus hasn't been subjected to gain-of-function research..............

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I put up with CNN for about five minutes today (exactly 4:59 too long) and they are just itching to get back to mask wearing so they can blame it on a certain voting demographic. I’m really not an overly politically passionate person but to ignore other groups and categories of people that won’t get vaccinated is simply wanton and willful media misconduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              I put up with CNN for about five minutes today (exactly 4:59 too long) and they are just itching to get back to mask wearing so they can blame it on a certain voting demographic. I’m really not an overly politically passionate person but to ignore other groups and categories of people that won’t get vaccinated is simply wanton and willful media misconduct.
                              It’s all about power.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                I put up with CNN for about five minutes today (exactly 4:59 too long) and they are just itching to get back to mask wearing so they can blame it on a certain voting demographic. I’m really not an overly politically passionate person but to ignore other groups and categories of people that won’t get vaccinated is simply wanton and willful media misconduct.
                                Long gone are the days of unbiased, trustworthy media reporting. I’m embarrassed for that occupation.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X