Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    I have been vaccinated for several months now, (Thank you president Trump). I am planning on going to Silver Dollar City on Friday with my vaccinated daughters. I hope I don't trip over any dead bodies passing through Springfield.
    I saw a surprising amount of maskers in Glacier National Park last week. The signs on the ranger station door stated that you had to wear a mask if you weren’t vaccinated. Many people wore them while hiking. Kind of a security blanket maybe.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Also, Glacier is pretty cool!

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

If you are angry about possible future masking mandates, you are angry at the wrong people. It’s not the unvaccinated at fault, but rather the policy makers.
        Those are the ramblings of a man whose travel trailer is partially detached from reality.

In your attempts to tow the party (Trump) line, you have come completely unmoored from the concept of accountability itself. Congratulations.

#AnarchismFTW

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Those are the ramblings of a man whose travel trailer is partially detached from reality.

In your attempts to tow the party (Trump) line, you have come completely unmoored from the concept of accountability itself. Congratulations.

#AnarchismFTW
          Says the guy who claims the streets will be littered with dead bodies...

Comment

If you are angry about possible future masking mandates, you are angry at the wrong people. It’s not the unvaccinated at fault, but rather the policy makers.
            The two are not mutually exclusive. I’m super pissed at them but you all have covered that subject quite nicely.

Comment

• The actor and comedian went off on social media denouncing the shot and told his followers that, they too, should refrain from receiving the vaccine while citing the Second Amendment.

Rob Schneider goes off on coronavirus vaccine in Twitter tirade: 'Just say no'

"Just say no... And keep saying no... Over half of the U.S. population is continuing to say no to this unapproved experimental gene therapy! 'My body, my choice!'" Schneider tweeted, adding the hashtag, "2nd Amendment Is For This."

Schneider, 57, added in a series of tweets to his nearly 940,000 Twitter followers that "Our Government has told us they plan on going to OUR FRONT DOOR with this. They have lied, had a 2 year fear campaign and lockdown, destroyed middle class household incomes, bankrupted untold thousands of businesses and are now putting children’s lives at risk."
              Wow! Front and center on a Coronavirus Google search and what news organization scooped this tripe up to feed to their herd? You guessed it! My party has officially left me behind. I am certain of it now.

He's so stupid he made a quip comparing abortion (clearly an individual consequence) to someone choosing to be a potential carrier of an extremely dangerous virus in the middle of the worst pandemic in over a century.

Sad.

Comment

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...accine-twitter

Rob Schneider goes off on coronavirus vaccine in Twitter tirade: 'Just say no'

Wow! Front and center on a Coronavirus Google search and what news organization scooped this tripe up to feed to their herd? You guessed it! My party has officially left me behind. I am certain of it now.

He's so stupid he made a quip comparing abortion (clearly an individual consequence) to someone choosing to be a potential carrier of an extremely dangerous virus in the middle of the worst pandemic in over a century.

Sad.
                Abortion is an individual choice that impacts three people.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  I will not go back to wearing a mask and I would like to see someone try to enforce it. I am fully vaccinated and no POS cloth is going to protect me any further from what amounts to a sniffle at this point for me. I think a lot of people feel the same.
                  If I go to a facility or store that requires their employees to wear a mask, I will wear a mask. Not because I feel I need it (both Pfizer vaccines), but because I support their employer's efforts to protect their customers and employees and don't want to make the employees there feel burdened by their employer's policies.

I invite 20 people to my house a couple times a week. They are all in the danger zone due to their age. They are all fully vaccinated. We all trust each other, but the Delta variant is causing some concern. For most of them I'm the first social contact they've had in over a year and they are incredibly happy to be able to get together with old friends again.

The vaccinated ones have made it very clear that if I allow a single unvaccinated person in the group, they will never come to my house again.

Getting or not getting a vaccination is a personal choice and decision. Decisions can have consequences. Decisions involving public health issues are likely to have consequences.

Life is going to return to "normal" a lot faster and a lot more like the previous "normal" for those who are vaccinated.

Comment

#AnarchismFTW
                    Where have you been the last couple of months?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• “The vaccinated ones have made it very clear that if I allow a single unvaccinated person in the group, they will never come to my house again.”

Why? Does the vaccine work or not?
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Either the author has an agenda or the author is using data inappropriately to try and fear monger. My suspicion they are throwing in the population of people who can't be vaccinated instead using % based on the population that can be vaccinated.

Sedgwick county as last Friday had the following vaccination numbers (for people 12 and older)

1 shot - 49.8%
                        Completed vaccination - 41.6%

Who are hurting the vaccination numbers in Kansas:

Young People, especially from a specific ethnic group who is at 15-20% vaccination rate.
                        What is your source on the info, SB? I would kind of like to follow those stats. Unless of course you are kind enough to post regular updates.

Comment

“The vaccinated ones have made it very clear that if I allow a single unvaccinated person in the group, they will never come to my house again.”

Why? Does the vaccine work or not?
                          These are fairly intelligent people who can do math and assess risk. The vaccines are not 100% effective. I believe it's around 88% effective against the Delta variant and 95% against the original strain. An unvaccinated person has 0% effective immunity against every variant. It's 8 to 20 times as likely that an unvaccinated person will carry the virus than a vaccinated person.

Close contact with unvaccinated people (compared to close contact with vaccinated people) increases the risk of vaccinated people becoming infected. Being around unvaccinated people in a social setting is an unnecessary risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
                            An unvaccinated person has 0% effective immunity against every variant. It's 8 to 20 times as likely that an unvaccinated person will carry the virus than a vaccinated person.
                            Does your group allow people with a prior COVID infection, but no vaccine to participate?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Does your group allow people with a prior COVID infection, but no vaccine to participate?
                              Or what about one shot and not two?

Comment

• To answer the above two posts - No and no.

These are mostly retired people. There are at least 3 PhD's in the group and I believe all are college grads, several with Masters degrees. All sides of the political spectrum are represented, and they all agree on the rules.

It's my house. I make the rules. Anybody have a problem with that?

Comment

Working...
                                X