No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So naturally immunity doesn't count? Sounds logical...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• People are free to decide the level of freedom they are willing to sacrifice for themselves in their evaluation of their safety. It's when people begin to limit my freedom in the quest for their security, where I get to question the legitimacy of their desires and propesed limitations for society as a whole.

My biggest issue is those on one side get to set all the rules, control the narratives and claim all the virtue without ever, for one second, trying to engage in the philisophical arguments to the contrary of their views.

The counter by them is always a hyperbolic retort based on fear and emotion, and not a philisophical debate, which is what interests me in this whole thing.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
        To answer the above two posts - No and no.

These are mostly retired people. There are at least 3 PhD's in the group and I believe all are college grads, several with Masters degrees. All sides of the political spectrum are represented, and they all agree on the rules.

It's my house. I make the rules. Anybody have a problem with that?
        I think people are just trying to understand the method. No need to be defensive WTO. It does seem a bit arbitrary but it is your house and your gathering so it's your choice. Bottom line is 70% of the country is vaccinated and a good portion of others who haven't been vaccinated have natural immunity through having had Covid, so it is time to go about our lives.

Comment

These are mostly retired people. There are at least 3 PhD's in the group and I believe all are college grads, several with Masters degrees. All sides of the political spectrum are represented, and they all agree on the rules.
          So the Ph.D.s are denying socialization with the people that are LEAST likely to have Covid -- those with natural immunity?

Brings his own house rules up for discussion, then gets defensive when people discuss them.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• When my house rules are questioned, I will defend them. I can look at an immunization record. Does someone who's had covid get some type of certificate that's signed off by a health care provider that can be verified?

In my experience, vaccinated people trust other vaccinated people, but do not want to be exposed to unvaccinated people if that can be avoided. To me that seems to be a remarkably easy decision to make.

Comment

When my house rules are questioned, I will defend them. I can look at an immunization record. Does someone who's had covid get some type of certificate that's signed off by a health care provider that can be verified?

In my experience, vaccinated people trust other vaccinated people, but do not want to be exposed to unvaccinated people if that can be avoided. To me that seems to be a remarkably easy decision to make.
              If the vaccine works, why are we worried though?

Comment

I thought they made the rules? If you bring an unvaccinated person in, they will not come.

Livin the dream

Comment

When my house rules are questioned, I will defend them. I can look at an immunization record. Does someone who's had covid get some type of certificate that's signed off by a health care provider that can be verified?

You require that they submit vaccination records? Do they fill out a HIPPA disclosure? If not, you’re opening yourself up to a lawsuit. BTW, I filled out my own vaccination record which is printed on a letterhead card.

Livin the dream

Comment

These are fairly intelligent people who can do math and assess risk. The vaccines are not 100% effective. I believe it's around 88% effective against the Delta variant and 95% against the original strain. An unvaccinated person has 0% effective immunity against every variant. It's 8 to 20 times as likely that an unvaccinated person will carry the virus than a vaccinated person.

Close contact with unvaccinated people (compared to close contact with vaccinated people) increases the risk of vaccinated people becoming infected. Being around unvaccinated people in a social setting is an unnecessary risk.
                    It sounds like you or them don’t understand the science. The 96% efficacy is IF you are exposed to a symptomatic unvaccinated person for an extended period of time. That’s just for contraction. The chances you would also get ill are about 1 in 4000.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Crap, looks like I can not come over to your house, I think I threw away my vaccine card. My doctor has my record. Nobody else I can think of needs to see it.

Comment

• I bet Wu and Cold would be fun to hang out with at parties.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Scratch that. They can’t do parties anymore.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If I go to a facility or store that requires their employees to wear a mask, I will wear a mask. Not because I feel I need it (both Pfizer vaccines), but because I support their employer's efforts to protect their customers and employees and don't want to make the employees there feel burdened by their employer's policies.

I invite 20 people to my house a couple times a week. They are all in the danger zone due to their age. They are all fully vaccinated. We all trust each other, but the Delta variant is causing some concern. For most of them I'm the first social contact they've had in over a year and they are incredibly happy to be able to get together with old friends again.

The vaccinated ones have made it very clear that if I allow a single unvaccinated person in the group, they will never come to my house again.

Getting or not getting a vaccination is a personal choice and decision. Decisions can have consequences. Decisions involving public health issues are likely to have consequences.

Life is going to return to "normal" a lot faster and a lot more like the previous "normal" for those who are vaccinated.
                            Welcome to the thread of delusion! I hope you enjoy your stay. There are only a couple of us who are "on the level". The rest are mostly Deniers who will take the opposite position any chance possible on the most logical, scientific measures of pandemic mitigation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Where have you been the last couple of months?
                              My favorite little buddy was diagnosed with a carcinoma. It was weeks and weeks of road trips for exams and ultimately chemotherapy. I didn't have a lot of free time or patience to continue the good fight. Things are much better now! I hope you'll forgive my absence.

Also, the pandemic had been winding down at the time. Now it appears to be winding back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                “The vaccinated ones have made it very clear that if I allow a single unvaccinated person in the group, they will never come to my house again.”

Why? Does the vaccine work or not?
                                Mostly, but not totally.

Comment

Working...
                                X