No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans will need masks indoors as U.S. heads for ‘dangerous fall’ with surge in delta Covid cases

As the highly transmissible delta Covid variant continues to spread rapidly across the United States and elsewhere around the world, scientists and other health experts are warning that indoor mask mandates and other public health measures will likely make a return in the U.S. this fall.

With new mutations discovered every few weeks, many scientists now predict that Covid will continue circulating around the world for at least the next two to three years, requiring nations to reinstitute public health measures on an ad hoc basis for the foreseeable future. Authorities in Australia, South Africa and Asia have recently reintroduced curfews or other measures to curb rising delta outbreaks.
    The vaccine issue in America is a national emergency. Biden needs to work with businesses and governments to develop plans that will tighten the screws on the uncompliant; driver's license renewals, plane/bus tickets, anything and everything that can pressure these fools to do what is right.

We force children to take a vaccines prior to enrolling in school. Compelling a person to not spread disease is not a modern concept. Time to stop pussyfooting around.

Comment

• LMFAO
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I will not go back to wearing a mask and I would like to see someone try to enforce it. I am fully vaccinated and no POS cloth is going to protect me any further from what amounts to a sniffle at this point for me. I think a lot of people feel the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
            https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/08/us-h...-mandates.html

Americans will need masks indoors as U.S. heads for ‘dangerous fall’ with surge in delta Covid cases

The vaccine issue in America is a national emergency. Biden needs to work with businesses and governments to develop plans that will tighten the screws on the uncompliant; driver's license renewals, plane/bus tickets, anything and everything that can pressure these fools to do what is right.

We force children to take a vaccines prior to enrolling in school. Compelling a person to not spread disease is not a modern concept. Time to stop pussyfooting around.

Comment

• Japan should be banned from ever hosting an Olympics again.

Comment

• Lance Gooden @Lancegooden

How can the Biden Administration go door-to-door with vaccines when HIPAA prevents them from knowing who hasn't been vaccinated?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Lance Gooden @Lancegooden

How can the Biden Administration go door-to-door with vaccines when HIPAA prevents them from knowing who hasn't been vaccinated?
                  Community tattle tales.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• When you compare states with high vaccination rates to states that are lagging, the difference in the number of people getting Covid-19 is staggering.

'Surprising amount of death' will soon occur in these US regions from increased Covid-19 cases, expert says

The US is averaging about 19,455 new cases over the last seven days, a 47% increase from the week prior, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. And a third of those, CNN Medical Analyst Dr. Jonathan Reiner said, come from five hot spots: Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri and Nevada.

"In places like Missouri where ICUs are packed, you're going to see a surprising amount of death," Reiner said on Sunday.

At Mercy Hospital in Springfield, Missouri, 91% of ICU patients are on ventilators and many are in their 20s, 30s and 40s, Chief Administrative Officer Erik Frederick told CNN on Saturday. That is especially concerning, he said, because at the peak last year there were only 40 to 50% of ICU patients on ventilators.

Fauci Deplores US Political Divide on Coronavirus Vaccinations

WASHINGTON - The top U.S. infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, on Sunday deplored the political split in the country about getting vaccinated against the coronavirus.

Polls show that Democrats, who generally are more liberal in their support of government programs, are much more inclined to get inoculated than Republicans, who often hold more skepticism about government actions and conservative views supporting individual rights.

One recent poll showed 93% of people who identify as Democrats say they have been vaccinated or intend to get shots in their arms, while only 49% of Republicans said they have or plan to.

Fauci told ABC News’s “This Week” show, “We’re trying to put politics aside. Viruses don’t know the difference between a Democrat and a Republican or an independent.”

“We’ve got to get away from the divisiveness,” said Fauci, President Joe Biden’s top medical adviser.
                    While it's tempting to just let nature take it's course, the time is probably now to start instituting vaccination mandates. Heck, we still have a considerable amount of Deniers on this very forum.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/healt...day/index.html

'Surprising amount of death' will soon occur in these US regions from increased Covid-19 cases, expert says

While it's tempting to just let nature take it's course, the time is probably now to start instituting vaccination mandates. Heck, we still have a considerable amount of Deniers on this very forum.
                      Please name the "deniers" on this site with proof. I'll hang up and listen...

Comment

• I understand for religious reasons or even deep fear of or problems with prior vaccines why people won’t get the shots, but it’s going to piss me off if I have to start wearing a mask again, or sports or school events start changing protocol because people are simply too lazy or selfish (I won’t die so what do I care) to do it.

Frankly, most of who I am talking about are probably not Trump supporters, either. The media can paint it anyway they want but it boils down to a non political problem just as much as otherwise at this point.

Comment

• For most people who haven't gotten the vaccine at this point, it's not political. Hell, most of the Trump supporters I know are vaccinated. The people I do know that haven't gotten one are more concerned with potential long-term effects as these vaccines have not gone through the typical testing such things would go through before receiving approval for implementation. The truth is, we don't really know what, if any, long term side effects could exist with any of these. Odds are, they're fine. But to brush aside such concerns or claim they're political is lazy and does a disservice to many well intentioned people who have a valid reason to be hesitant.

I have an autoimmune disease and am in a couple of FB groups of such. There are valid worries about how they may react. Some people in remission sometimes have negative effects to some vaccines. There's also been some evidence that those with autoimmune issues may not receive much, if any, positive impact from these vaccines. I'll admit, I haven't completely looked into those concerns, but I have no reason to doubt those that have mentioned it in some of those discussions. Some have stated that they've gotten the vaccine, even knowing it won't do much for them.

But this is Cold and the media we're talking about, so it's only Trumpers that don't get it and for purely political reasons. Ignoring the facts that many minority groups who seem to vote overwhelmingly Dem are less likely to be vaccinated.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/12/healt...day/index.html

LMFAO
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I have been vaccinated for several months now, (Thank you president Trump). I am planning on going to Silver Dollar City on Friday with my vaccinated daughters. I hope I don't trip over any dead bodies passing through Springfield.
                              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                                I understand for religious reasons or even deep fear of or problems with prior vaccines why people won’t get the shots, but it’s going to piss me off if I have to start wearing a mask again, or sports or school events start changing protocol because people are simply too lazy or selfish (I won’t die so what do I care) to do it.

Frankly, most of who I am talking about are probably not Trump supporters, either. The media can paint it anyway they want but it boils down to a non political problem just as much as otherwise at this point.

If you are angry about possible future masking mandates, you are angry at the wrong people. It’s not the unvaccinated at fault, but rather the policy makers.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X