Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Well, I work with the FDA as part of my job. I don’t work with the director, but I do with the regional director out of KC and other auditors. When you have something they want, they work with you. When you have something you want, there is always a reason you can’t have it...until you produce something else they want, then the red tape magically disappears.
    Sounds like typical corporate behavior. I'm certain you've squeezed your underlings at times in order to gain leverage on an agenda you were in charge of correct? Gone are the days of the "civil servant". Public/private jobs in many fields are interchangeable w/ public sometimes being more lucrative. This is not a good thing and that trend will continue with Biden in charge. We don't want the "best" jobs to be government controlled for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Sounds like typical corporate behavior. I'm certain you've squeezed your underlings at times in order to gain leverage on an agenda you were in charge of correct? Gone are the days of the "civil servant". Public/private jobs in many fields are interchangeable w/ public sometimes being more lucrative. This is not a good thing and that trend will continue with Biden in charge. We don't want the "best" jobs to be government controlled for obvious reasons.
      I agree. I leveraged my experience in regulation into a pretty nice corporate gig at some very large companies.

That being said, I think the State of Texas would have fired me if I had suggested a quid pro quo UNLESS my management perceived that they were not being responsive or cooperative, or had a history of being unresponsive or noncooperative, and then it was, as you are correctly observing, done to squeeze management.

As an example, we had a law requiring companies who kept their books and records out of state to have an office and be able to make those records available locally. You'd be surprised how many big companies violated that rule (they thought it was ticky-tack and they had a point, but that was the law). The fine was a cost of doing business in their world. This works well until the company screws up really bad (which happens sometimes) and then they got the book thrown at them.

Comment

• My first Covid symptoms were November 4. Been steadily getting better ever since. Couple days ago I noticed I had some shortness of breath, I thought. Today I was out working, physical labor, and I simply couldn't do it, not enough air. Finally ended up at the ER. They did a chest x-ray, it was fine. Lots of bloodwork, all fine. Ran an EKG, it was OK. Doctor came in and told me I was post-Covid, and there was nothing else wrong. They've been seeing it a lot. I told her that was crazy, and she said, "yeah, I know." Gave me a breather to try and exercise my lungs, build them back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          My first Covid symptoms were November 4. Been steadily getting better ever since. Couple days ago I noticed I had some shortness of breath, I thought. Today I was out working, physical labor, and I simply couldn't do it, not enough air. Finally ended up at the ER. They did a chest x-ray, it was fine. Lots of bloodwork, all fine. Ran an EKG, it was OK. Doctor came in and told me I was post-Covid, and there was nothing else wrong. They've been seeing it a lot. I told her that was crazy, and she said, "yeah, I know." Gave me a breather to try and exercise my lungs, build them back up.
          Ding ding! Same issue I had back in Feb into mid March, but thankfully it wasn't covid. Was something completely different because it didn't really show up in Kansas (or the States) until mid-late January. That's what the news says, anyway. It took a couple of weeks (I was unable to bicycle for almost 1-2 months) to feel normal again. Even trying to bicycle I would become completely winded. Glad it wasn't covid.

Comment

My first Covid symptoms were November 4. Been steadily getting better ever since. Couple days ago I noticed I had some shortness of breath, I thought. Today I was out working, physical labor, and I simply couldn't do it, not enough air. Finally ended up at the ER. They did a chest x-ray, it was fine. Lots of bloodwork, all fine. Ran an EKG, it was OK. Doctor came in and told me I was post-Covid, and there was nothing else wrong. They've been seeing it a lot. I told her that was crazy, and she said, "yeah, I know." Gave me a breather to try and exercise my lungs, build them back up.
            Sorry to hear that man. This is why I say that death is not the only bad outcome. Covid risk shouldn't cause people to hunker down in their basements and not work, but it should keep people out of the bar and parties until infections, hospitalizations, and thus deaths... are under control.

I'm getting a little out of my depth here, but I wonder if some people aren't suffering from tiny blood clots that continue to occur due to an imbalanced immune system. Maybe ask for a CT Scan if you continue to have symptoms. Again, this is just a hair-brained idea.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. This is why I say that death is not the only bad outcome. Covid risk shouldn't cause people to hunker down in their basements and not work, but it should keep people out of the bar and parties until infections, hospitalizations, and thus deaths... are under control.

I'm getting a little out of my depth here, but I wonder if some people aren't suffering from tiny blood clots that continue to occur due to an imbalanced immune system. Maybe ask for a CT Scan if you continue to have symptoms. Again, this is just a hair-brained idea.
              https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-blood-vessels

This is where I get my thinking. I posted this article a while back.

Clots, Strokes And Rashes. Is COVID-19 A Disease Of The Blood Vessels?

They found stark differences: The lung tissues of COVID-19 patients had nine times as many tiny blood clots ("microthrombi'') compared with those of the influenza patients, and the coronavirus-infected lungs also exhibited "severe endothelial injury."

"The surprise was that this respiratory virus makes a beeline for the cells lining blood vessels, filling them up like a gumball machine and shredding the cell from the inside out," Li says. "We found blood vessels are blocked and blood clots are forming because of that lining damage."

It's already known that the coronavirus breaks into cells by way of a specific receptor, called ACE2, which is found all over the body. But scientists are still trying to understand how the virus sets off a cascade of events that cause so much destruction to blood vessels. Li says one theory is that the virus directly attacks endothelial cells. Lab experiments have shown that the coronavirus can infect engineered human endothelial cells.
              This statement comes after examinations of cadavers and you're absolutely not a cadaver... or are you? :)

The point is the tiny clots which are unique to Covid patients. If you are still making a few of those they might be disrupting your oxygen exchange. No charge for this. :D

...interstitial fibrosis is another common culprit I believe.

...just asked my friend about this marker they check in your blood for clotting risk and it's called d-dimer. Most of her patients that had Covid have varying levels of elevated d-dimer post-Covid. Some they would put on blood thinners, some just aspirin.

...nothing wrong with taking a baby aspirin. Right wufan?
              Last edited by C0|dB|00ded; December 9, 2020, 07:12 PM.

Comment

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...-blood-vessels

This is where I get my thinking. I posted this article a while back.

Clots, Strokes And Rashes. Is COVID-19 A Disease Of The Blood Vessels?

This statement comes after examinations of cadavers and you're absolutely not a cadaver... or are you? :)

The point is the tiny clots which are unique to Covid patients. If you are still making a few of those they might be disrupting your oxygen exchange. No charge for this. :D

...interstitial fibrosis is another common culprit I believe.

...just asked my friend about this marker they check in your blood for clotting risk and it's called d-dimer. Most of her patients that had Covid have varying levels of elevated d-dimer post-Covid. Some they would put on blood thinners, some just aspirin.

...nothing wrong with taking a baby aspirin. Right wufan?
                ACE2, when activated, causes clotting. I mentioned this way back in May.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post
                  Was something completely different because it didn't really show up in Kansas (or the States) until mid-late January.
                  Actually there was a study done where they went back and looked at Red Cross blood donations in California, Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Oregon, Rhode Island, Washington, and Wisconsin between Dec 13, 2019 and Jan 20, 2020 and ran serology tests and found covid antibodies in all 9 states.

Therefore they know that COVID was in the U.S. well before the first official case was ever reported in January. And this suggest China was lied about that COVID started in December (which shouldn't be a surprise).

https://www.redcross.org/about-us/ne...in-the-us.html

The discovery, uncovered after analyzing blood donations from nine states, strengthens evidence that the coronavirus was quietly spreading around the world before health officials were aware.
                  Last edited by SB Shock; December 9, 2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Watch this pin: https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMJqkBehf/

Comment

• https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/05/healt...mic/index.html

As hospitals start to max out, medical workers beg officials for new Covid-19 mandates

Dr. Cleavon Gilman served in the Iraq War, but he said that doesn't compare to the battle he's fighting as an emergency room physician in Arizona.

"This pandemic is a lot worse than being in Iraq just because when you're in a war zone, you can leave that war zone. You can fly out of Iraq; you're OK here in the United States," the Yuma doctor said.

"With this pandemic, you cannot fly anywhere ... the war is being waged everywhere."

Now Gilman and other health care workers are pleading for more public safety rules -- such as mask mandates or stay-at-home orders -- to prevent hospitals from bursting past capacity.

"You can't overwhelm a hospital and expect that care is not going to be compromised as a result," Gilman said. "We're flying out a lot of non-Covid patients because our ICUs are being overwhelmed."
                      "I'm opposed to mandates, period. I don't think they work," DeSantis said Monday at a news conference.

"How has that worked in states that have done it? Has that stopped an outbreak in Minnesota, Illinois, Michigan? What about New Jersey? What about all these states where you have explosion in cases?" DeSantis said.

But growing research shows mask mandates do work -- even if they take some time to be effective in reducing Covid-19 spread.

Some local jurisdictions in Florida issued their own mask mandates, but DeSantis recently banned them from issuing fines to violators.

That move infuriated Butler, who sometimes juggles six Covid-19 patients at once.

"I'm angry. I can't believe it," she said.

Butler herself has fallen sick with Covid-19 twice. She believes both infections came from work.

"I know they did. People are just not being educated here in this state," she said.

"They're more concerned about ... their rights being stepped on and not being able to visit loved ones -- as if we don't all have loved ones," she said. "I've been isolating myself since February because I know how serious this is."
                      Dr. Gilman said he's tired of calling families and telling them their loved one is dead.

He, too, has been on the receiving end of tragic news. Covid-19 claimed the lives of his young cousin and three of his colleagues from when he worked in New York City earlier this year.

"My 27-year-old cousin, Simon Press -- healthy as hell -- died from Covid-19," Gilman said.

"We need a concerted, organized effort to battle this virus. This is ridiculous."

First, "we need a mask mandate across the whole state," he said. "That's just kind of the basic (necessity) during a pandemic -- you should have a mask mandate."

Gilman also wants a four-week stay-at-home order -- including government pay for nonessential workersso they don't have to worry about finances during that time.

Without a temporary shutdown, "the virus will implement its own shutdown," he said.
                      DeSantis is a Covidiot Trump clone and should be dragged from his home and charged w/ felony malfeasance for his actions during this pandemic.

Comment

• Key FDA Committee Approves Pfizer Vaccine

Comment

DeSantis is a Covidiot Trump clone and should be dragged from his home and charged w/ felony malfeasance for his actions during this pandemic.
                          prolly belongs in the political forum ........YA THINK?

Comment

prolly belongs in the political forum ........YA THINK?
                            I slipped up there.

Comment

I slipped up there.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• So last week showed a nice improvement in the trend for Sedgwick County! Still not the time to go out and party, but definitely going the right direction.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X