Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    My father is 85 years old and has buried himself in his house in West Wichita since last February. He only ventured out, never without a mask, to pick up scripts at Walgreens drive thru or curbside pickup at Village Inn. Said no way was he going to let this damn virus get him, he has another 10 years to go.

He was admitted to St. Francis this afternoon with COVID. Not doing well.

*** **** it!!
    So sorry to hear that about your Dad. May God be with you and your family.

My brother-in-law, who is around 72 but who is a severe diabetic with many attendant issues from that is in St. Francis. My wife and I thought that would be the end for him but seems like he may just survive it.

Comment

• Amid fears of overwhelmed medical systems, data shows ample hospital capacity nationwide

Comment

• One of the strategies for hat appears to be taking place is to have Covid hubs at certain regional hospitals. What this has done has limited the non-Covid capacity at the hubs and transporting patients out as they are at non-Covid capacity. Then the non-Covid hospitals are transferring patients with Covid to the regional hubs. This has created a false sense that the hospitals are full.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Well guys, my father is now doing pretty well. He was admitted with a bilateral pulmonary embolism, caused by the virus, but has not progressed and being treated with blood thinners. He is not on oxygen and blood O2 levels are good. Our family was a bit surprised last night by the doc saying she is looking to transfer him out in a few days and put him into Derby Health and Rehab for a week or so. He is no longer is contagious and just needs to be monitored a little closer than he would get a home. Of course, things can change but right now look good. Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers from my SN friends. It means more than you know.

Comment

Well guys, my father is now doing pretty well. He was admitted with a bilateral pulmonary embolism, caused by the virus, but has not progressed and being treated with blood thinners. He is not on oxygen and blood O2 levels are good. Our family was a bit surprised last night by the doc saying she is looking to transfer him out in a few days and put him into Derby Health and Rehab for a week or so.
            Right on!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Well guys, my father is now doing pretty well. He was admitted with a bilateral pulmonary embolism, caused by the virus, but has not progressed and being treated with blood thinners. He is not on oxygen and blood O2 levels are good. Our family was a bit surprised last night by the doc saying she is looking to transfer him out in a few days and put him into Derby Health and Rehab for a week or so. He is no longer is contagious and just needs to be monitored a little closer than he would get a home. Of course, things can change but right now look good. Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers from my SN friends. It means more than you know.
              That’s excellent!

Contrary to what some people say on here, like issue automatic death warrants for your specific situation, it actually is rare for a person to die from the virus.

Great news indeed.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

That’s excellent!

Contrary to what some people say on here, like issue automatic death warrants for your specific situation, it actually is rare for a person to die from the virus.

Great news indeed.
                Boy, that's no crap Fev. Thanks dude!

Comment

Well guys, my father is now doing pretty well. He was admitted with a bilateral pulmonary embolism, caused by the virus, but has not progressed and being treated with blood thinners. He is not on oxygen and blood O2 levels are good. Our family was a bit surprised last night by the doc saying she is looking to transfer him out in a few days and put him into Derby Health and Rehab for a week or so. He is no longer is contagious and just needs to be monitored a little closer than he would get a home. Of course, things can change but right now look good. Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers from my SN friends. It means more than you know.
                  Great to hear this! Prayers for a full recovery.

Comment

Oh that's such lovely news! My Christmas is saved!

Your father was taking precautions and while the devil's chromosome did manage to sneak in, it was likely a tiny dose. And dosing matters!

He also did something else very smart! He contacted the doctors when he felt something wasn't right. I preach this non-stop with my folks. If you don't feel well, do not ignore it. A pulmonary embolism is not a sprained ankle. Had your dad tried to "sleep it off" his nap may have lasted much longer than intended.

Some people have called Covid-19 a blood disease. It clots the **** out of everything.

So two smart moves equated to a positive outcome. No sweat right?

Have a GREAT Christmas!

Oh, and tell him he's not free to run the streets quite yet. He needs to get vaccinated. Recurring infections are more common than anybody wants to talk about right now - particularly with the elderly. I have first-hand knowledge of this.

Comment

Good news. Pulmonary embolisms are not a good thing. Hopefully, he is on his way to a full recovery.

Comment

That is great news!

Comment

• Thanks to all of you for the kind words! You have no idea how much it means to me.

Comment

Thanks to all of you for the kind words! You have no idea how much it means to me.
                            This board is usually, for all of its silly banter back and forth, a great source of support for those of us who choose to share our times of trouble.

Happy he is doing better!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

This board is usually, for all of its silly banter back and forth, a great source of support for those of us who choose to share our times of trouble.

Happy he is doing better!
                              He it's tough to be a jerk all the time.

Comment

• Atlwsu tested positive today. Feels very much like a sinus infection. Daughter who has the same symptoms and is in the mend is testing tomorrow. She worked from home last week and did not miss a day.

Mrs Atlwsu is a few days behind me. She is 69 with asthma. I am 71 with some minor issues.

We are basically quarantining in our bed room. None of the teenagers have any symptoms. But keeping them home for two weeks maybe a problem

Comment

Working...
                                X