No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing like a little data + pink crayon to get us back on track in here.

Covid is real.

Comment

• My father is 85 years old and has buried himself in his house in West Wichita since last February. He only ventured out, never without a mask, to pick up scripts at Walgreens drive thru or curbside pickup at Village Inn. Said no way was he going to let this damn virus get him, he has another 10 years to go.

He was admitted to St. Francis this afternoon with COVID. Not doing well.

*** **** it!!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
        My father is 85 years old and has buried himself in his house in West Wichita since last February. He only ventured out, never without a mask, to pick up scripts at Walgreens drive thru or curbside pickup at Village Inn. Said no way was he going to let this damn virus get him, he has another 10 years to go.

*** **** it!!
        I'll send some positive thoughts your way. I hope your dad gets better.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          Restaurants and bars account for 1.4% of Covid cases in New York between September through the end of November. So the logical conclusion is to shut down restaurants right??

https://ny.eater.com/2020/12/11/2216...-data-new-york
          Early in the pandemic, our local health department rated the most risky places to go. At the top of the list were bars and restaurants, followed by gyms. The last place might surprise you.....it was the local car dealerships.

I would imagine gyms are much safer PROVIDED their staff is sanitizing the equipment (I've caught cold at hotel exercise rooms when the last b#%*( didn't sanitize the equipment after they were done)

Restaurants are good if you eat outside and you ought to be able to do that where you live.

Inside is not so good. I remember reading an article that described how 13 people in a restaurant in Wuhan contracted COVID due to one customer.

By the way, when was the last time you were in the City in winter? I was up in Jersey in November a couple of years ago and went over to meet management. On my way back, a front came through. By the time I was finished with my steak and wine and left Uncle Jack's, it was down in the 30's and the furnace in the building was running pretty good. Cold weather spreads this stuff.

It's just started to get cold in NYC, according to my friends who live in the Jersey suburbs. If I lived in NYC I wouldn't go into a restaurant on a bet right now. You can quote all the stats you want, but it wasn't cold up there until the last 10 days or so.

Comment

My father is 85 years old and has buried himself in his house in West Wichita since last February. He only ventured out, never without a mask, to pick up scripts at Walgreens drive thru or curbside pickup at Village Inn. Said no way was he going to let this damn virus get him, he has another 10 years to go.

*** **** it!!
            I'm so sorry man. Those with the most to lose are so careful and fearful, while 75% of the disease transmission happens by folks who are asymptomatic, mostly young, and oblivious to the biological payload they may be carrying. It's such a horrible situation.

Your story touched ol' CB to his core. With eyes welling up, my Christmas wish this year is for your father to pull through. Contact him as often as possible and tell him that he's going to make it. Lie to him about his odds. Keep his spirits up and tell him he'll be back in his house in no time watching his favorite shows and attending to his hobbies.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm so sorry man. Those with the most to lose are so careful and fearful, while 75% of the disease transmission happens by folks who are asymptomatic, mostly young, and oblivious to the biological payload they may be carrying. It's such a horrible situation.

Your story touched ol' CB to his core. With eyes welling up, my Christmas wish this year is for your father to pull through. Contact him as often as possible and tell him that he's going to make it. Lie to him about his odds. Keep his spirits up and tell him he'll be back in his house in no time watching his favorite shows and attending to his hobbies.
              Thanks Cold

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post

You do realize it is the states you were commending a week ago that are now driving this growth right?
                You need perspective.

It started on the East Coast. They aggressively stifled the transmission while the "red states" said "it ain't our thang because liberty". Eventually the virus made its way to more fertile ground. The red states by and large were responsible for the summer Covid surge which set the stage for the infections to return to the beleaguered blue states in the fall. Had everybody locked up tightly in March ( I mean even N. Dakota), and then upon reopening America, we ALL wore masks, stayed out of bars and restaurants, and there was high-level contact tracing and quarantine orders (with teeth and monitoring for compliance), we'd have less than 75k deaths, and our society would function mostly without fear and community spread. That doesn't mean we'd be living "normally", as everybody would still need to be wearing masks and avoiding indoor events and such, but there would be much less risk for everybody and we'd move into the vaccine phase barely scathed relatively speaking.

The alternative happened.

Comment

*** **** it!!
                  Well now that he's been admitted I think they consider it too late for Remdesivir. We haven't really discussed a lot of treatments here of late, but I'd transport my father to Omaha in a blink of an eye for one of those chambers if I could. Or to Rochester. Get the best and don't hold back. In all our prayers '65

Comment

• I'm so goddammed depressed right now. I really need wichshock's dad to make it. The greatest generation.

Silent, Strong Dad

© Karen K. Boyer

Published: February 2006

He never looks for praises.
                    He's never one to boast.
                    He just goes on quietly working
                    For those he loves the most.
                    His dreams are seldom spoken.
                    His wants are very few,
                    And most of the time his worries
                    Will go unspoken, too.
                    He's there...a firm foundation
                    Through all our storms of life,
                    A sturdy hand to hold onto
                    In times of stress and strife.
                    A true friend we can turn to
                    When times are good or bad.
                    One of our greatest blessings,
                    The man that we call Dad.

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/po...ent-strong-dad

Comment

• Just called my dad to say hi. He doesn't take the best precautions all the time. He's like the dude in the poem. He didn't answer. Must have went to bed early.

Maybe everybody give your folks a ring tomorrow will ya. Remind them that you love them and to be extra careful.

Comment

• My father is in his 90s and struggles with a variety of issues, but still has a sound mind and goes to the office most days. He's pretty much been on lock down for a year. I've seen him about a dozen times in a year, maybe...and probably without a mask for maybe 6 total hours during that time. He served (absolutely never talks about it) raised 5 kids, cared perfectly for them all, and 3 of his kids basically never talk to him. He's accomplished more than I could ever dream of accomplishing. I hate that he's spending his twilight days like this...

How much time does he have? Not that much, I'm sure, so I consider every day a blessing. I'd gladly give him any time I have left on this earth. He's earned it, and so much more. I can't begin to speak for my generation, but I damned sure know I haven't earned it.

Comment

Nothing like a little data + pink crayon to get us back on track in here.

Covid is real.
                          You know that if you look at historical data - November, December and January are the months when you have peak deaths for the country, because of flue/pneumonia. Of course we no longer have any deaths for anything but Covid.

Comment

It will be going the wrong direction again very soon. Then it will go so far wrong that people will be literally clutching their balls - regardless of whether or not they have any.
                            Wow this thread blew up in my absence.

It's going to go the wrong direction in _Sedgwick County, KS_ very soon? So far wrong?

When? How wrong?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Actually, what KW posted was not factual (or even responsible) in the context of where we're at in this pandemic - or where we're headed. He was taking a "hopeful" snapshot in time of a corrective wave occurring against the main trend - a trend that happens to be quite unfortunate.
                              I have posted every single week regardless as to whether it has been getting worse or not. You're about to get banned for this behavior. If you want to argue with meaningless warnings, take it to the political thread.

Comment

*** **** it!!
                                Ooof, prayers for your father! Kick its ass Father wichshock65 !

Comment

Working...
                                X