No announcement yet.

Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does that mean that if I was in England I couldn't shake hands with the bishop?
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I thought this was over now that we have a civil war. Apparently not. As of next week, masks are required at my work place! WTF? I guess I will just wear my mask out the door and change into my black hoody and sweats and head downtown when my day ends.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Only 3 people were admitted to a hospital for covid-19 in Sedgwick County between May 17th and May 30th. In that same two week period 5 were discharged.

I don't understand why businesses are taking any precautions in Sedgwick at this time - including making employees wear masks. It no longer makes any sense.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; June 3, 2020, 09:28 PM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Only 3 people were admitted to a hospital for covid-19 in Sedwick County between May 17th and May 30th. In that same two week period 5 were discharged.

I don't understand why businesses are taking any precautions in Sedgwick at this time - including making employees wear masks. It no longer makes any sense.
          I’m in McPherson county. We had less than 40 total cases. All have fully recovered.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Only 3 people were admitted to a hospital for covid-19 in Sedgwick County between May 17th and May 30th. In that same two week period 5 were discharged.

Couple Reasons

1. This is the primary reason - for any potential litigation. They can say they took all the precautions that were being directed by local health officials.
            2. To help make people comfortable who are worried.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Couple Reasons

1. This is the primary reason - for any potential litigation. They can say they took all the precautions that were being directed by local health officials.
              Isn't it up to the individual to decide what is safe enough for them and what is now? Are you telling me people should be allowed to sue a restaurant for picking up the flu too (and like that would be an easy thing to prove you picked up something at any specific location).

Those that wanna go out should have the option to do so. And those that don't can stay home.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• No deaths in NYC for the 1st time since March. SHOCKING unemployment numbers. ADDED jobs in May.

CNN HLN wonders, out loud, if the numbers are a lie. UFB.

Reporter in near tears over the report. It's beyond sad, but I think that word means something different.

Dow up more than 900 this morning. Almost no comment on any news outside Fox who is over doing it. Can't get real news anywhere.

But AMERICA, at least a strong majority of our great country, is trying to overcome and get better.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  No deaths in NYC for the 1st time since March. SHOCKING unemployment numbers. ADDED jobs in May.

CNN HLN wonders, out loud, if the numbers are a lie. UFB.

Reporter in near tears over the report. It's beyond sad, but I think that word means something different.

Dow up more than 900 this morning. Almost no comment on any news outside Fox who is over doing it. Can't get real news anywhere.

But AMERICA, at least a strong majority of our great country, is trying to overcome and get better.
                  Good news and positivity is the evil of the media. I don't know how it could come to do that but it has. UFB is exactly right.

But yes, great news for the true good of the country!
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Media loves a bad story - not a good one.

After being off for a short period at work, I am as busy right now (if not more) than I have been all year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Isn't it up to the individual to decide what is safe enough for them and what is now? Are you telling me people should be allowed to sue a restaurant for picking up the flu too (and like that would be an easy thing to prove you picked up something at any specific location).

Those that wanna go out should have the option to do so. And those that don't can stay home.
                      I’m not telling u anything. I agree with you, But there are people who will be looking to litigate.

My employer makes me answer 3 questions every day. A security guard is then required to confirm I have answered the 3 questions before I am allowed on the facility (Must be answered the proper way of course). I am also required to wear a face mask at certain times. None of this actually protect me from covid.

These requirements are there so the company can minimize the risk of being litigated if covid does break out on the workplace. It also gives them the ability to potentially fire u if u were the one that brought covid into the facility and they could prove you didn’t answer one of the questions accurately.
                      Last edited by SB Shock; June 5, 2020, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• What covid-19?

Is it still around? Oh, wait...

Comment

• Covid continues to be a very lethal pandemic.

Brazil is basically the sequel to Italy and it's much worse. Plenty of heat and humidity there too so "summer protection" is out.

Our shutdown/social distancing was much more effective than some understand. In fact, I fear it has given folks a false sense of hope.

If we don't have a disastrous second wave, it will certainly be a miracle.

I do hope everybody is staying safe!

Wear your masks please - even if you feel silly.

T

Comment

• Yet somehow, millions aren't dead.

Comment

• I have a bad feeling many people think COVID-19 is over and we could see a huge spike of new cases. Wearing a mask in public is not that bad especially if it can save another spurt of the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                                I have a bad feeling many people think COVID-19 is over and we could see a huge spike of new cases. Wearing a mask in public is not that bad especially if it can save another spurt of the virus.

Texas reporting two consecutive record-setting days for hospitaliizations.

This ain't over, folks.....

Comment

Working...
                                X