Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This sounds promising:

Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine.

Last edited by shoxlax; December 6, 2020, 11:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What if the antibody test is a false negative?
      So if you make these kinds of decisions at work, how do you stay employed? I don't believe the FDA would allow anyone to market a test that wasn't almost one-hundred percent effective, so you're dealing with outliers at this point.

So when you analyze data, do you focus on outliers when making an informed decision or do you focus on the most probable outcome(s)?

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

So if you make these kinds of decisions at work, how do you stay employed? I don't believe the FDA would allow anyone to market a test that wasn't almost one-hundred percent effective, so you're dealing with outliers at this point.

So when you analyze data, do you focus on outliers when making an informed decision or do you focus on the most probable outcome(s)?
        Are you kidding? There was a very high rate of false positive and false negative results with the first test kit that was deployed. That’s not the antibody kit, but it destroys your whole narrative.

Perhaps more important is that you missed the entire context. Cold got tested. It was negative, so he said it was wrong and was going to get an antibody test.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Anyone thinking that the FDA holds companies to such a high standard makes me laugh. The FDA is as easily bribed as any other government agency these days. Between the crap they let through and the excessive protections they grant, we're at their mercy, good or bad.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

When you go and get a anti-body test, the results will have a disclaimer that the test has not been approved by FDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What if the antibody test is a false negative?
              Indications are that a serology test 3 weeks from first symptom is 90% accurate. So calculating the probability of one independent event happening: if the Covid swab test I took was 80% accurate, and the antibody test is 90%, then I have a 98% chance of knowing for sure if I was infected - all other things being equal.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Cold got tested. It was negative, he didn't have full confidence in those results due to suspicious symptoms experienced and was going to get an antibody test.
                FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Indications are that a serology test 3 weeks from first symptom is 90% accurate. So calculating the probability of one independent event happening: if the Covid swab test I took was 80% accurate, and the antibody test is 90%, then I have a 98% chance of knowing for sure if I was infected - all other things being equal.
                  So what is your results?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    This sounds promising:

Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine.

That sounds exciting, but I wouldn't say promising... Entrepreneur magazine is not exactly the New England Journal of Medicine. I've read about a lot of "cures" that just disappear a few months later.

Don't count your chickens (or in this case ferrets) before they hatch.

If this ferret-based data is translated into humans,...

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So what is your results?
                      I'm going to try and get tested today. 3 weeks from "first symptom" was Dec. 4.

Comment

72%?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

72%?
                          Use this: https://math.stackexchange.com/quest...ts-will-happen

One clue that you're off is that 72% is less than the lowest probability of one occurrence happening. That would be impossible.

Comment

• I got exposed Oct 31, had light fever on Nov 3rd, lasted a couple days. I still have shortness of breath.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I got exposed Oct 31, had light fever on Nov 3rd, lasted a couple days. I still have shortness of breath.
                              Have you seen a doctor since the original diagnosis? Might have a touch of pneumonia.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

I'm going to try and get tested today. 3 weeks from "first symptom" was Dec. 4.
                                I hope you self quarrantining. Because obviously u think u covid. Anything else than full quarantine would be criminal.

Comment

Working...
                                X