No announcement yet.

Shocker Women Recruiting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really hope this sparks a domino effect because we have to start doing better on the recruiting front. Get some bigs with size,shooters, and guards who aren't afraid of contact an can drive the ball (outside of harden and bonner).

Comment

• On twitter coach Adams welcomes another recruit for the class of 2015,young lady from Dallas was my understanding

Comment

• Well who is it? I don't do Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Well who is it? I don't do Twitter.
          No name divulged. Not even sure if the player is from Dallas although maybe this is a player that new assistant Chandra Dorsey had been recruiting while at Texas State.

I believe this is our 1st verbal commitment for the class of 2015 to go along with the commitment of Wichita South's Ericka Mattingly who is in the Class of 2016. If there is another 2015 commitment I do not remember hearing about it.

Here are Jody's tweets:

Jody Adams@coachjodyadams Apr 29
          Welcome another 2015 To the Shocker family!!!! #brightfuture

Jody Adams@coachjodyadamsApr 27
          Enjoying watching our 2015 and 2016 commitment!!! #shockerfuture

So either this is a teammate of Ericka Mattingly's or this unkown player and Ericka were playing in the same AAU Tournament somewhere. I do know we had at one time extended an offer to South's Kirea Rogers who is in the Class of 2015. A google search did not turn up any new info. So unless the player goes public we could have to wait until early signing next April to find out.

Comment

• I did find this.

Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 30, 2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Byron High School looks to be a Class 2A school located in a small town (Pop 3,800) about 8 miles southwest of Rockford, IL.

From what I can find out is that Elle Lehne is a 6-2 post player and will be in the Class of 2015.

Not finding a whole lot else on Elle.

Comment

• More on Elle Lahne

I googled her and came up with a video, & her stats for her Jr season just concluded. She averaged 19 ppg & 3 blocks/game. I'm not sure I spelled her 1st name correctly here.

Comment

• Ok she will help out,really looking for some true shooters,a drive the lane (not afraid of contact) pg and some size in the post (preferably not super thin and 6'3 and above). But I won't be picky,excited for next season for the ladies will be fun to watch.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                    I googled her and came up with a video, & her stats for her Jr season just concluded. She averaged 19 ppg & 3 blocks/game. I'm not sure I spelled her 1st name correctly here.
                    Can you link us to the video. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                      Ok she will help out,really looking for some true shooters,a drive the lane (not afraid of contact) pg and some size in the post (preferably not super thin and 6'3 and above). But I won't be picky,excited for next season for the ladies will be fun to watch.
                      Our real chore for 2015 will be to find a player or players that can fill Alex Harden's rather large shoes. Good luck with that. Not sure if they will be bring in any additional players for next year other than the 3 signed last November, but in the women's game you usually don't get a lot out of the late signing period. Last year we added Valerierose Agnello in the spring signing period.

Comment

• Originally posted by xazshox View Post
                        Here is a very short video clip on Elle that I found. http://www.mystateline.com/fulltext-...ZkGDrLv7Ht24JA

Looks she has a frame that can be built on.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Here is a very short video clip on Elle that I found. http://www.mystateline.com/fulltext-...ZkGDrLv7Ht24JA

Looks she has a frame that can be built on.
                          She looks like a nice find. Now the key is balance in finding both posts and guards. After this next season, we may be looking at a significant drop. Thanks for the clip 1972

Comment

• Ready for this season to start,I hope coach and staff are still in on Agnew from Andover. She will be a very good pick up

Comment

• Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                              Ready for this season to start,I hope coach and staff are still in on Agnew from Andover. She will be a very good pick up
                              Yes Jody has offered a scholarship to Jaylyn Agnew sometime last year. But making an offer and signing a player are two totally different things.

Jody did get an early verbal commitment from Ericka Mattingly of Wichita South. However, the Shocks have seemingly lost out in the recruiting battle over South's 6-2 Soph Kendrian Elliott (Class of 2016 and perhaps the real jewel from this South team) who has verbally committed to Kansas State.

Of course, you never win them all and keeping local kids in town can be a very tough sell. However, Jody is making the effort to pull in some local talent.

Comment

• Shocker's offered Jaylin Agnew in July 2012 (almost two years ago now). Here's the link to the article. Jaylyn is Class of 2015.

Seems like Jody's strategy is to try to get in as early as she can. How successful that will be remains to be seen. But again it shows she is aware of the local talent and is willing to go after them.

Max Preps ranks her as the 32nd best player in Kansas as a Junior. Not outstanding but she probably move in the Top 15 in the state this year.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 14, 2014, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X