No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not big on predictions, unless they're done for effect or humor, but I've got one here.

If Noel comes to WSU, it will be as an invited walk on.

At this stage of the game, Noel has to be looking at a situation where most of the places he'd like to play don't have scholarships available. I'm confident he can qualify for a student loan and confident he will not struggle to earn the money to pay the loan off.

I doubt Noel will ever show up in Wichita, even for a visit. If Noel visits WSU (long shot) and if he chooses to play for WSU (real long shot), I suspect he will be a walk on and has already considered that as part of his decision.

The financial implications of walking on and Noel's chances of earning money playing ball make paying for a year of school possibly less important than putting himself into a good situation.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Well if he wants to contribute right away as the article stated, we are the best choice out of the schools Ive seen listed in the second go round. His dad started at Wichita State from day one...he may have came off the bench in his very first game, I can't remember, but, then he was a giant reason we went to the 32 or 48 team NCAA tournament. I wish I had cheese's whole career on tape. No more fun player to watch. When we beat Marquette, at Marquette, in 76-77, he triple pumped a shot over Bo Ellis on National television. They ended up winning the Nattional Championship. Cheese is a legend and his son could easily be as well.

Comment

• UNLV's board is saying that NJ is only considering them and Charlotte. I don't know the reliability of this but I wont believe it until he signs.

Comment

• No way in heck he will go anywhere as a walk-on!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCity
            No way in heck he will go anywhere as a walk-on!
            I have a dream… March 2010 Wichita Eagle headline reads,

“‘Preferred’ Walk-on leads Wichita State to 2010 Final Four!”

:D
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• According to a Charlotte board, he will take official visits to LSU and Xavier, plus unofficials to Georgia and G-Tech.

No mention of WSU.

Comment

• I just figured someone threw WSU in with the other schools because it is where Cheese played. I didn't figure there was any merit to it, thus I didn't get my hopes up yet. But if he does visit....I will get excited.

Comment

• The latest on his visit to UNLV and where he may visit next. Xavier, LSU, or UCONN. No commitment yet and no mention of WSU.

While he didn't drop everything and commit on the spot, Noel Johnson came away with nothing but positives from his weekend visit to UNLV. Johnson, a 6-foot-7 wing from Fayette County High in suburban Atlanta, is ranked by Rivals.com as the No. 53 prospect in the 2009 class and the ...

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock
                    I just figured someone threw WSU in with the other schools because it is where Cheese played. I didn't figure there was any merit to it, thus I didn't get my hopes up yet. But if he does visit....I will get excited.
                    I'm in agreement. I still believe Noel will pick from someone like LSU, UConn, or closer to home like GT / Georgia. I would be surprised with Xavier because of a 1st year coach (and non-BCS conf). As I said before, I'd be PO'd if he went to UNLV or Charlotte or the such. IMHO that would be a mistake as he could do no better (only a lot worse) than if he pick WSU....for many reasons.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• not sure where to put this. Looks like Tim Floyd from USC is resigning.

Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

• There are four leading candidates according to Noel: UNLV, Charlotte, LSU, and Xavier. With Georgia and Georgia Tech still in play. Staying close to home isn't necessarily a priority. Playing time right away seems to be a factor.

Comment

• I do not know any of the background info on Cheese and his relationship with WSU AFTER he graduated. But does it not make you a little sick that we might lose out to the likes of UNLV and UNC-Char? This is not Tark "the shark" recruiting him and "Cornbread" Maxwell is long gone!

Comment

• The visit to Xavier was scheduled for today. Indiana is a new team now in the mix. A couple of days ago Cheese said a decision might come within a week.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Come on Noel. Give us an opportunity to say CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

Comment

• Is it possible that HCGM is at his scholarship limit and refuses to free one up, even for Mr. Johnson? I have read many good things about HCGM, perhaps he is a man of principles and behaves as such.

Comment

Working...
                                X