No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing trop is referring to our media. The Eagle or The Bruce or something. Or maybe a hint from one of our insiders here. All info is coming from outside Wichita
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      I'm guessing trop is referring to our media. The Eagle or The Bruce or something. Or maybe a hint from one of our insiders here. All info is coming from outside Wichita
      Not to be obvious but maybe the reason we haven't heard anything from "inside" the system is because there is nothing. One sure thing, we will know one way or the other rather soon as I believe Noel was quoted as saying he would be making up his mind in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
        Not to be obvious but maybe the reason we haven't heard anything from "inside" the system is because there is nothing. One sure thing, we will know one way or the other rather soon as I believe Noel was quoted as saying he would be making up his mind in the next few weeks.
        Exactly! The guy from Vegas could have just thrown that in there because of the Cheese and Lew Hill connection to WSU. It is all just speculation until he visits or commits.

Comment

Or maybe our insiders are sworn to secrecy as HCGM does not want to upset the apple cart before the apple's are ripe? Maybe the good doctor is bursting at the seems with information that can't be divulged.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
            Or maybe our insiders are sworn to secrecy as HCGM does not want to upset the apple cart before the apple's are ripe? Maybe the good doctor is bursting at the seems with information that can't be divulged.
            Submitted by Jeff from Wichita

Q: Paul, Noel Johnson is a free agent again and a Las Vegas article mentioned Wichita St as one of his possible schools (per Cheese). What have you heard?

Answered 06/03/09 16:13:51 by Paul Suellentrop

A: Nothing. I will check it out. I know WSU is at 13 scholarships.

I tried letting a professional know about it...
            Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

I was referring to no hints from Doc, which indeed can be taken in two completely different ways.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Man, he'd look good in Black and Gold!

Comment

We already have 13 players that chose us above the others that were recruiting them. Noel Johnson is not one of those players. He should be welcome here only if it is not at the expense of any of the other 13. Loyalty is as loyalty does.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks
                    We already have 13 players that chose us above the others that were recruiting them. Noel Johnson is not one of those players. He should be welcome here only if it is not at the expense of any of the other 13. Loyalty is as loyalty does.
                    Something tells me that if Noel wants to be a Shocker, the coaching staff won't be as stubborn as you. Truly "Blue Chip" great players don't come along that often, especially for the Shox. The last one was Mo Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                      I was referring to no hints from Doc, which indeed can be taken in two completely different ways.
                      The last post I found for Doc was on May 31st. Maybe he is on vacation. If so, I hope he is having a great time.

Comment

The last post I found for Doc was on May 31st. Maybe he is on vacation. If so, I hope he is having a great time.
                        Indeed, this is his last post:

In which he said:
                        For reasons not germane to this discussion, I will be taking a sabbatical. I may be back for volleyball season, and I may not.

I have always enjoyed the banter here, whether friendly or not, and I will miss it and many if not most of the good people here.

Take care
                        He is taking a sabbatical, that is, he may be absent longer than usual. :(

BTW, have a good time Doc! :)
                        Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

I'd missed that post from the good Doc. This place won't be the same without him around...
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by T.VuOP
                            Indeed, this is his last post:

In which he said:
                            For reasons not germane to this discussion, I will be taking a sabbatical. I may be back for volleyball season, and I may not.

I have always enjoyed the banter here, whether friendly or not, and I will miss it and many if not most of the good people here.

Take care
                            He is taking a sabbatical, that is, he may be absent longer than usual. :(

BTW, have a good time Doc! :)
                            wow that sucks, please come back doc :(
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'd missed that post from the good Doc. This place won't be the same without him around...
                              Let's hope his reason has nothing to do with something that is life changing. Let's just hope that he just needs a break from posting. If he does not return, SN will be the loser.

Comment

Let's hope his reason has nothing to do with something that is life changing. Let's just hope that he just needs a break from posting. If he does not return, SN will be the loser.
                                I agree. I hope he is back soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X