Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonWu
    Originally posted by Snapshot9
    That is almost a non existent chance. Noel playing here is nothing more than wishful thinking of fans on here. It is obvious that he wants to play for a larger school and program.
    Then what explains Charlotte?
    Two things: close to home and Bobby Lutz, who is a dynamite recruiter.

Comment

• We are the secret school that Noel is not discussing with the press. I am going to assume he is coming until I hear he is not. CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

Comment

• Today's buzz about Noel:

GT is out because their player in the draft is returning to school.

A source at LSU says Noel has decided to sign with them.

Clemson is making a late push.

An announcement is expected by many within a couple of days.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Visited Clemson on Tuesday, will be at LSU on Thursday and a decision, according to Cheese, probably on Friday.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• June 16, 2009
            Clemson looking to add to hoops class
            By Phil Kornblut

6-7 2G Noel Johnson of Fayetteville, GA , who signed with Southern Cal in November but was released from his commitment after the program fell under NCAA scrutiny, will visit Clemson Thursday for a long look at the Tigers before he makes a new decision Friday. Johnson will visit the campus with his father, former Wichita State standout Cheese Johnson. Johnson visited LSU Tuesday. "It went pretty well," Cheese Johnson said. "They showed us their facilities, their academic system, and their resources as far as academic stuff." Clemson recruited Johnson before he committed to Southern Cal, but this will be his first up close look at the program. "Clemson was always in the running," his father said. "They started recruiting him in the tenth grade." Johnson's godfather is former Wichita State and NBA star Xavier McDaniel. Johnson also is considering UNLV and Florida International. He also has visited those two schools recently. This season Johnson averaged 28 points, 9 rebounds and 5 assists per game.

While the Tigers would love to add Noel Johnson to their 2009 class, they are not interested in 2010 prospect 6-7 Justin Johnson of Chipola JC, FL. Johnson was quoted in his hometown newspaper in July of 2008 that he was committed to Clemson and would go there once he finished at the junior college. But the Tigers never offered him and are not recruiting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC

June 16, 2009
              Clemson looking to add to hoops class
              By Phil Kornblut

Johnson will visit the campus with his father, former Wichita State standout Cheese Johnson...Johnson's godfather is former Wichita State and NBA star Xavier McDaniel.
              Just doesn't feel right seeing our name tossed about so freely...yet we were never in the picture. Both sides will be just fine but damn this could have been one helluva story line.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                While the Tigers would love to add Noel Johnson to their 2009 class, they are not interested in 2010 prospect 6-7 Justin Johnson of Chipola JC, FL. Johnson was quoted in his hometown newspaper in July of 2008 that he was committed to Clemson and would go there once he finished at the junior college. But the Tigers never offered him and are not recruiting him.
                Anybody else think this is a little strange?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53
                  Originally posted by ABC
                  Strange and Stranger...

Johnson also is considering UNLV and Florida International.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
                    Originally posted by vbird53
                    Originally posted by ABC
                    Strange and Stranger...

Johnson also is considering UNLV and Florida International.
                    Isaih Thomas!

Comment

• According to Cheese it's between LSU and Clemson with a decision by 6:30 today.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• Don't we have a visit coming here this coming Season from LSU?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• No, I think it was supposed to be at a neutral site and Dallas, Texas was discussed as a possibility?

I have not seen anything recently that discusses where the game might be played. Anyway, who knows whether the contract will be honored? LSU may want to go a different direction now?

Wichita State did not prove to be an "easy out," so to speak. As I recall, LSU is 0-2 against the Shockers, with this latest contract.

Comment

• Perhaps two or three weeks ago I saw where the site is yet to be determined.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Signs with Clemson.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• WOW! Great late get for Pernell and Co. I wish Noel and Cheese much success and I will be following the young man's progress for sure. Congrats to Noel and the family.

:clap: :goshocks:

Comment

Working...
                                X