Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt
    Is it possible that HCGM is at his scholarship limit and refuses to free one up, even for Mr. Johnson? I have read many good things about HCGM, perhaps he is a man of principles and behaves as such.
    :good: :good:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt
      Is it possible that HCGM is at his scholarship limit and refuses to free one up, even for Mr. Johnson? I have read many good things about HCGM, perhaps he is a man of principles and behaves as such.
      No chance! This is a scenario where you make room if a kid of this caliber wants to be a part of your program. GM was brought here first and foremost to win games. You don't do that by telling one of the best SG/F out there "thanks, but no thanks."

Comment

• Huh?

Easy there, ShockCity.

1. We don't even know if WSU has or has ever had a realistic chance of getting Johnson in here. It's a safe bet that Marshall does know, but for us this is pure speculation fueled by the Cheese connection.

2. And speaking of safe bets, it's an equally safe bet that Marshall knows more than any of us about how to win D-I basketball games, something he has done quite effectively in his career.

I have absolutely no doubt that he'll do whatever he can to advance the program, consistent with what he believes is right. I also have the impression he has pretty high standards for what he believes is right, which pleases me.

As we've heard many times before, I'm not worried -- regardless of where Noel ends up.

Comment

• Easy there? So, because I have an opinion that is different from most Shocker fans, I'm being irrational or something? I don't see what you're getting at with that comment.

1. I agree. And show me one thing I've put on here that said anything different. I would take it a step further and say it's probably a safe bet that the Shox never had and don't have a realistic shot with Noel. Have there been communications between GM and Noel/Cheese? Maybe or probably.

2. Exactly. So, why single me out? Every one on here, including you, is speculating. It's a message board!!! That's what it's for right? I don't remember ever insinuating that GM didn't know how to win bball games. I think some are just upset that I think it is naive to say that GM is this beyond using certain tactics to get great players. It happens all the time.

I also think GM is a great guy and a stand up person. I also believe that if he was contacted by the Johnson's and Noel wanted to be a Shocker, GM would do whatever was possible within NCAA guidelines to make it happen. When it comes down to it, it's a business. And I'm not going to be naive and think that WSU would turn away an opportunity to add a player of this caliber.

Comment

• Wild speculation that HCGM will sign better kids and release lesser kids is no crazier than wild speculation that HCGM would refuse to improve his roster just because he is presently full. No crazier. No more, no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
              Wild speculation that HCGM will sign better kids and release lesser kids is no crazier than wild speculation that HCGM would refuse to improve his roster just because he is presently full. No crazier. No more, no less.
              Which is exactly what I said. Thanks for reiterating my point.

Comment

• If Noel said he wanted to play at WSU...Marshall would absolutely make it happen. No ifs ands or buts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TurFin
                  If Noel said he wanted to play at WSU...Marshall would absolutely make it happen. No ifs ands or buts.
                  Esactly. He'd be a fool not too.

Comment

• That is almost a non existent chance. Noel playing here is nothing more than wishful thinking of fans on here. It is obvious that he wants to play for a larger school and program.

Comment

• So you're saying there's a chance...even if its' "almost non existent "

:D

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        That is almost a non existent chance. Noel playing here is nothing more than wishful thinking of fans on here. It is obvious that he wants to play for a larger school and program.
                        Then what explains Charlotte?

Comment

• Noel didn't make the Xavier trip. Looks like they are not in the running.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• BTW, did anybody notice Noel wanting to play the 1-3 positions? It appeared he pretty much wants to be a guard, more than likely a position he would play in the NBA. If we were involved, this could not of been a positive since we are guard heavy.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                              BTW, did anybody notice Noel wanting to play the 1-3 positions? It appeared he pretty much wants to be a guard, more than likely a position he would play in the NBA. If we were involved, this could not of been a positive since we are guard heavy.
                              Guard heavy or not, HCGM wouldn't hesitate to put 4 guards on the floor if he had to. Especially if 1 or 2 of them is 6'7".

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                BTW, did anybody notice Noel wanting to play the 1-3 positions? It appeared he pretty much wants to be a guard, more than likely a position he would play in the NBA. If we were involved, this could not of been a positive since we are guard heavy.
                                and...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X