No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

At the 2:50 mark

Comment

I hope Marshall is leaving no stone unturned, reaching into his bag o' tricks and on the phone with X, AC, and Dave The Rave. One big family renunion is the only way we're coming out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        He did say the ability to see minutes as a FR would play a factor. He would give us the size and athleticism that we've all desired at SF. It would take some pressure off of Coy as well as they'd probably share duties. Cheddar would give us another outside threat and one that is capable of shooting off the dribble and attacking the basket. The kid is smooth and has had some guidence from former NBA players.

I'm still trying not to get too excited...

And failing
        I guess it would be hard to have the player that everyone wanted suddenly reopen his college recruitment and have us pop up as a finalist. I am excited too that we are back in the mix, only I still am doing a half-hearted job of containing it. For now at least.

Noel is the player that this program and all of its fans desires. He could definitely bring a spark that is much needed. He has (what appears to be) through-the-roof potential. And a player of his caliber can only draw other players of his caliber to the program as well.

If Royal were to combine this thread and the previous one on Noel, how many pages would it be? I think they need combined to see if it can give EO's thread a run for it's money.

Something else that comes to mind is this. Maybe there is another player on the current WSU roster that is contemplating leaving that we haven't heard about. Or one of the incoming guys isn't cleared yet to play at the NCAA level. I also remember Jamar Howard played a year as a gray-shirt in which he had academic assistance and didn't use a much needed scholly up until the next year when more were free. Perhaps someone is currently in a position to do that as well with either academic scholarships or grants.

Comment

Can't Hatch obtain some Mormon scholarship money for his 2 year mission?

Comment

I'll root for him wherever he lands, but Cheddar at WSU is oh so right...

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
              Geez guys. Come up for air will ya. I know you are just speculating but think how some of our existing players might feel if they read this thread. We are NOT desperate here. We have great kids coming in and some mighty fine ones returning. Would Noel fill a need -- yes and actually he could be a turning point for us. But Noel himself hasn't really "mentioned" he is remotely interested in Wichita State and some of you are wondering just who we can get to leave or make alternate financial arrangements so we have room for him. Would I love to have him here, you bet your backside I would. But not at the expense of one of our other players. The only indication any of us have that Noel just "might" consider WSU is some vague mention in a few articles and someone on a message board that says we are a strong contender. If Noel is interested in coming to WSU, I have every faith and trust in Marshall that he will do everything in his power to get it done. Until then its a fun thing to think about, but I will not, will not, will not, will not, obsess about it (or at least I hope I won't).

Comment

I am not obsessing about it...ChEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEE
                EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEE
                EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE!!!!

Comment

It would be fitting that we pull of Noel since we have had to endure 4 years of angst concerning EO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                    Originally posted by BostonWu
                    Geez guys. Come up for air will ya. I know you are just speculating but think how some of our existing players might feel if they read this thread. We are NOT desperate here. We have great kids coming in and some mighty fine ones returning. Would Noel fill a need -- yes and actually he could be a turning point for us. But Noel himself hasn't really "mentioned" he is remotely interested in Wichita State and some of you are wondering just who we can get to leave or make alternate financial arrangements so we have room for him. Would I love to have him here, you bet your backside I would. But not at the expense of one of our other players. The only indication any of us have that Noel just "might" consider WSU is some vague mention in a few articles and someone on a message board that says we are a strong contender. If Noel is interested in coming to WSU, I have every faith and trust in Marshall that he will do everything in his power to get it done. Until then its a fun thing to think about, but I will not, will not, will not, will not, obsess about it (or at least I hope I won't).
                    I suppose the tongue 'n cheek comment didn't translate over the net. 8)

Comment

Here is an updated rivals article. The article mentions his visit to Charlotte and his visit this weekend to UNLV. It also states that he may visit LSU and Xavier. Other schools mentioned are Georgia and Georgia Tech. WSU is not mentioned in the article. I'm hoping that he's maybe wanting to drop a surprise on the rivals folks when he announces his decision, but my excitement level has dropped since we aren't even getting mentioned as a possibility.

Comment

Disappointing but doesn't mean we are not in the running. Seems like Rivals does a good job of leaving us out if at all possible. Cheese and Noel were not quoted about the potential visits so pretty hard to tell. To me the big question is where the Las Vegas article got the information that we are being considered.

What brings me down the most is not hearing from one of our own.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

A small observation that leads to my question: the schools mentioned, Xavier, UNC - Charlotte, UNLV, etc. are not exactly the elite of the college basketball scene, I thought Noel was initially recruit by the upper echelon, what happened?

Comment

Most of those schools are full of top notch athletes and may have his spot filled. He's still considered a top recruit but at this point rosters are mostly full and it appears that some are trying to figure other ways to get him. The schools now mentioned don't mean his stock has dropped. Just limited availability at this point.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Georgia Tech orginally backed off Noel after getting a commitment from another player. They are still overloaded. But the advantages they have if they want him now are big. Being the "home school," he has been there many times. And bigger yet, his buddy, Favors is going there.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                                What brings me down the most is not hearing from one of our own.
                                Not quite sure what you mean by not hearing from one of our own, trop. If you're referring to Cheese, who knows what contact he may have had with Marshall or vice versa? I'm pretty sure Cheese wouldn't feel any obligation to report to Shockernet.

Comment

Working...
                                X