No announcement yet.

Noel Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice job Clemson - Now onto reality - Are we EVER gonna get EO in here???????????????????
    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Does this mean that Noel is a 'Cheesey Tiger' now? I don't think he made a very good choice, especially when you consider it in 4 year increments. He could have chosen a periennel basketball power college that would have given him exposure, instead he chose a once in 10 year contender school with little exposure.

If he is planning on playing pro ball, he just dimmed his chances somewhat.
      He is the one that was determined to play on a big stage, so his choice doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially considering he could have probably played at Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Arizona, or Florida.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
        Doubt it, he'll be playing in the ACC. And even kids from Mid-Major conferences are regularly scouted and mentioned in mock drafts.

He is the one that was determined to play on a big stage, so his choice doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially considering he could have probably played at Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, Arizona, or Florida.
        Maybe, but he might have had to go to prep-school and wait a year, or walked on. Sounds like immediate playing time and scholarship availability were bigger factors.

Clemson just picked up some new fans here in Wichita...
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
          Does this mean that Noel is a 'Cheesey Tiger' now? I don't think he made a very good choice, especially when you consider it in 4 year increments. He could have chosen a periennel basketball power college that would have given him exposure, instead he chose a once in 10 year contender school with little exposure.

You do realize that over the last three years the only two ACC teams with more wins than Clemson are North Carolina and Duke?

Clemson has been a team that has been steadily improving. They have had at least 24 wins in each of those last 3 seasons and back to back NCAA appearances, and play in a league with lots of media exposure. In addition, the school is relatively close to home for Noel and close to the X-man.

The only reason you couldn't make the NBA from Clemson is if you are not good enough to make the NBA. It won't hurt his stock or exposure level a bit.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
            Originally posted by Snapshot9
            Does this mean that Noel is a 'Cheesey Tiger' now? I don't think he made a very good choice, especially when you consider it in 4 year increments. He could have chosen a periennel basketball power college that would have given him exposure, instead he chose a once in 10 year contender school with little exposure.

You do realize that over the last three years the only two ACC teams with more wins than Clemson are North Carolina and Duke?

Clemson has been a team that has been steadily improving. They have had at least 24 wins in each of those last 3 seasons and back to back NCAA appearances, and play in a league with lots of media exposure. In addition, the school is relatively close to home for Noel and close to the X-man.

The only reason you couldn't make the NBA from Clemson is if you are not good enough to make the NBA. It won't hurt his stock or exposure level a bit.
            Winning is easy. Winning against legit D-1 competition is another thing. There is a reason Clemson continually starts out 15-0 and then either misses out, or loses in the first round of the tournament.

I do not disagree with any of the rest of your comments regarding exposure of draft stock.

Comment

• No hard feelings towards Noel but to me he's just another d1 player from here on out.

Comment

• Old news, but here's ESPN's write-up

Johnson chooses Clemson over LSU

Comment

• Since Shocker hope seems to spring eternal, is it too early to start a "He's bound to transfer here after his freshman year" thread? :clap:

Comment

• Best of luck to you Noel and I wish you a most successful career both at Clemson and the NBA.

You missed a golden opportunity in perhaps becoming a significant partner in helping to lead the Shockers back to basketball prominence.
                    But, Shocker fans will pull for you no matter what because your father is held and will always be held in the highest esteem for his many contributions to Wichita State University.

Likewise, this will be the year that Coach snags his first in a string of many future 4/5 recruits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                      Since Shocker hope seems to spring eternal, is it too early to start a "He's bound to transfer here after his freshman year" thread? :clap:
                      All right, Rocker! You da man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                        Since Shocker hope seems to spring eternal, is it too early to start a "He's bound to transfer here after his freshman year" thread? :clap:
                        Would it be wrong to hope for some sort of scandal at Clemson prior to this season?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53
                          Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                          Would it be wrong to hope for some sort of scandal at Clemson prior to this season?
                          No, but just keep in mind, if that happened, he would probably end up at LSU.

Comment

• I don't know but can we now do what should have been done long ago and retire CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE'S number. Long overdue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                              I don't know but can we now do what should have been done long ago and retire CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE'S number. Long overdue.
                              He simply doesn't qualify by WSU standards. It's not going to happen as much as many want it to.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If anyone's number needs to be hung in the rafters it is Warren Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X