No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the first I've heard of this. GREAT news.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• funny how kentucky fans "never wanted him".

rivals.kentucky.com

Comment

• The G-W loss was a sign from God that God favors WSU over Kentucky!
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
          http://kentucky.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=737177

The G-W loss was a sign from God that God favors WSU over Kentucky!
          I know I do :D :wsu_posters:
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "Missouri Valley Powerhouse." :yahoo:

Comment

• Congrats on the big (pun intended) get. I know you guys were chasing hard and really wanted him. Its fun to get your number one target. Its also cool to me that you guys kept him away from Nebraska, who was also pursuing him hard early on.

Go Valley!

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                Its also cool to me that you guys kept him away from Nebraska, who was also pursuing him hard early on.

Go Valley!
                It was probably their football team. Good thing he didn't wait til the KSU game to visit Lincoln.

Comment

• Marshall: WSU adds athletes
                  BY PAUL SUELLENTROP
                  The Wichita Eagle

Big men are the hardest roster spots to fill, which makes Garrett Stutz (6-foot-11, 225 pounds) of North Kansas City (Mo.) High the key figure. Marshall first saw him in a bit of a fluke at a summer tournament in Tulsa. The opponent, a team from Wichita, was late to the game and Marshall got a chance to watch Stutz shoot threes before the game.

"Then I watched him play, and he didn't step out much during the AAU games, but I knew he could do it," Marshall said.

Other coaches figured it out also, and Stutz quickly compiled an impressive list of suitors.

"I thought it was a long shot," Marshall said.

Stutz started with a list of 13 schools and methodically pared it down. WSU stayed in the game, and Marshall threw all his resources into the chase.

"I did something I've never done," Marshall said. "I took two of my assistant coaches -- you're only allowed two -- for an evaluation. We couldn't even talk to him. It was an open gym at his high school."

It worked.

"Garrett Stutz is a guy we can build around," Marshall said. "He can score with both hands inside. He's starting to really become a big guy. They think he's got some more growing to do. And he can shoot the three. He's got a great touch."

Comment

• Can he just graduate early and come in for the 2nd semester? We could use him on the block
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• why does everyone keep on forgetting orupke. I cant wait to see stutz to but keep in mind we still have orupke coming in i would not be suprised if we red shirt him so...

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker856
                        why does everyone keep on forgetting orupke. I cant wait to see stutz to but keep in mind we still have orupke coming in i would not be suprised if we red shirt him so...
                        Until he shows its probably best to forget him

Comment

• So im guessing you never heard marshall's interview on sports daily a little while back, we have people there with him just give it time and trust marshall that he knows what he is doing. Remember marshall's quote " i kept getting on getting a three letter word told to me nba talent"

Comment

• We've all heard that. But the last we've heard from WSU and others they're not sounding as confident in him getting here as they once were. I'm still hopeful. If he does get here he won't redshirt. But he's also not going to provide us with an offensive threat inside. Which is why I made the Stutz comment about coming at semester.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• But thats why you redshirt him so he can develope and inside game. And why everyone loses faith on the guy getting here already is unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker856
                                But thats why you redshirt him so he can develope and inside game. And why everyone loses faith on the guy getting here already is unreal.
                                He has to get here to redshirt. And if he shows up great we can definently use the size in there. But you know what when I win a million dollars Ill start up WSU's football program myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X