No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a comparative basis against his 08 peers, this kid's pretty good. But, and I'll get ripped for this, the bigs in the 08 class are not up to snuff. If this kid was in the 09 class, he would be getting recruited by Lehigh and Longmont.

That said, you take what you can get with each class.

Comment

• Stutz

Husker, you're just saying that because you can't resist alliteration.

Oh, and because Longmont is one of the few teams Nebraska could count on beating.

Comment

• A 7 footer with range and touch would be recruited by more than just the lowest schools no matter what year. 08 isn't as strong as 09, and maybe UK wouldn't be in on him if it were next year, but to think that he'd slip down to the level you suggest is ridiculous.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
          A 7 footer with range and touch would be recruited by more than just the lowest schools no matter what year. 08 isn't as strong as 09, and maybe UK wouldn't be in on him if it were next year, but to think that he'd slip down to the level you suggest is ridiculous.
          not only ridiculous... utterly asinine! :roll:

extremely or utterly foolish or silly; of, relating to, or resembling an ass… See the full definition
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• A Husker fan is coming here and giving recruiting advice?

I guess that's based on observing Husker basketball through it's history of having never made an NCAA tourney.

Stutz has said he tries to pattern the way he plays by observing Nowitzki. No one is claiming Stutz will reach that level, but Stutz intends to be a tall player with the ability to play away from the basket.

If Stutz signs with WSU, it appears next year WSU would have 6'9" So SF, 7'1" Fr PF and 7'0" So C. WSU is in an excellent position to utilize his strengths and use them to round out a pretty nice frontcourt for a few years.

Maybe Stutz isn't a top-10 post player this year. Maybe he wouldn't be a top-20 post player in an "average" year, but that's not what WSU needs.

There's a big advantage in having players who will play 3 or 4 years before going league. The guys who go league after a year or 2 can create recruiting holes.

If any of the doubters want to make the argument that Stutz doesn't have NBA potential, then Stutz is a 4-year 7'1" 4/5 combo player. Gee, I'm wringing my hands in fear that WSU is recruiting the wrong guy here (please note sarcasm).

I want to see Doc Sadler's D to stop a 7'1" guy with a 15' jumper when there's a 7'0" guy on the block demanding the ball and a 6'9" guy sitting on the 3-pt line ready to shoot from there or drive to the hoop.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
              I guess that's based on observing Husker basketball through it's history of having never made an NCAA tourney.
              Aargh,

You screwed up one of my favorite lines. Nebraska has made several NCAA tourneys, they just haven't ever won a game in their entire history.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleJayAlum
                Originally posted by Aargh
                Aargh,

You screwed up one of my favorite lines. Nebraska has made several NCAA tourneys, they just haven't ever won a game in their entire history.
                Tempting.....but I'll leave it alone. Anywho, how about this Stutz fellow?

Comment

• He definitely sounds like he'd be a great recruit for the Shockers. GM just continues to amaze me. I'll be suprised if he doesn't end up being WSU's all time greatest coach. The future is looking so bright for the Shockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by GarH
                    He definitely sounds like he'd be a great recruit for the Shockers. GM just continues to amaze me. I'll be suprised if he doesn't end up being WSU's all time greatest coach. The future is looking so bright for the Shockers.
                    That's putting him in really, really good company.

Comment

• Yeah it definitely it is and I know it's premature to make a statement like that, but I just like everything about him.

Comment

He definitely sounds like he'd be a great recruit for the Shockers. GM just continues to amaze me. I'll be suprised if he doesn't end up being WSU's all time greatest coach. The future is looking so bright for the Shockers.
                        Who was that guy, Ralph Miller? Oh yeah, Hall of Fame coach.
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

I hope your right! :posterwsu: 8)
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• When does the signing period start ?

Comment

• NOV. 14th
                              Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

• Early period is November 14 to 21.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X