Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Or it means his Mom wants him to get his degree before he does anything else.
    Yes he is a very smart guy who listens to his Mother! ❤️
    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Unfortunately for WSU that could still be after he completes his Junior year. Dang foot injury.
      You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I don't care who you are, you're an idiot if you could be a guaranteed first round draft pick (or potentially a lottery pick) and choose to go a year or two more to get your degree.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
          I don't care who you are, you're an idiot if you could be a guaranteed first round draft pick (or potentially a lottery pick) and choose to go a year or two more to get your degree.
          I mostly agree with this.

Comment

I think calling someone an idiot is a bit harsh if they chose to advance their knowledge and prepar themselves for life after basketball. I think if read somewhere of pro athletes having career ending injuries.

Comment

• I believe a first round pick is guaranteed 18 million bucks

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                I think calling someone an idiot is a bit harsh if they chose to advance their knowledge and prepar themselves for life after basketball. I think if read somewhere of pro athletes having career ending injuries.
                You're probably right about the harshness, but Kel's point remains; Landry would be better served taking the money and finishing his degree as an NBA first round pick.

Comment

I think the argument is that a garunteed contract is worth far more than a one year scholarship, and if the career ending injury occurs then you take the money back to college and finish your degree. The idiot part is a bit harsh, but the rationale is pretty strong.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Signing a lucrative NBA contract might eliminate the need for a degree it certainly doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting a degree if desired. One of the reasons in getting a degree is to improve a person's earnings power. You can't do much better than signing an NBA contract.

If Landry is intent on getting a degree to honor his Mom's desire he can sill do that even if he goes pro early.

Not taking advantage of such an opportunity may not make you an idiot but no doubt would lead one to question your commons sense.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 23, 2017, 04:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Signing a lucrative NBA contract might eliminate the need for a degree it certainly doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting a degree if desired. One of the reasons in getting a degree is to improve a person's earnings power. You can't do much better than signing an NBA contract.

If Landry is intent on getting a degree to honor his Mom's desire he can sill do that even if he goes pro early.

Not taking advantage of such an opportunity may not make you an idiot but now doubt would lead one to question your commons sense.
                      Point taken.

Comment

Antoine Carr has never been an idiot in anyone's book. Maybe a little before your time?
                        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; June 4, 2017, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          Antoine Carr has never been an idiot in anyone's book. Maybe a little before your time?
                          That was not really a thing back then and the money was different. Perhaps it was before your time?
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Could someone confirm the 18 Million dollar guarantee? I've never heard an amount of money guaranteed except what the market will bear. I do remember that all first round contracts are guaranteed for that first year and do not doubt that some of the players drafted will be guaranteed 18 Million or more dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              Could someone confirm the 18 Million dollar guarantee? I've never heard an amount of money guaranteed except what the market will bear. I do remember that all first round contracts are guaranteed for that first year and do not doubt that some of the players drafted will be guaranteed 18 Million or more dollars.
                              $18 M is not correct. The 30th pick is garunteed ~ $2 M while the first overall pick is garunteed ~ $9 M +/- 20%.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                                That was not really a thing back then and the money was different. Perhaps it was before your time?
                                I remember it well. You obviously don't.

Isn't today's pay rate capped out at 3 yr., 3 mil per max? There was no cap then, hence bigger contracts, so yeah, it was different.

Antoine Carr turned down a certain top 10 draft pick to return to a team facing a year of post season sanctions. That didn't make him an idiot, if you catch my drift. It appears you didn't.

Comment

Working...
                                X