Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Hamilton was far more highly recruited when he verbaled here. This kid is big. Other than that, let's wait and see. I like the move.
    My memory was that Hamilton was a freakish athlete but no less of a project. Thus, he was placed at SCA.

Comment

Hamilton was far more highly recruited when he verbaled here. This kid is big. Other than that, let's wait and see. I like the move.
      My memory was that Hamilton was a freakish athlete but no less of a project. Thus, he was placed at SCA after he graduated from high school.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        What's the downside? Average athleticism?.
        After Rosenboom gets through with him, that could be a thing of the past.

Comment

• Andrew Force
          I am REALLY high on '17 C Isaiah Chandler (NE)...reminds of Sean May (UNC '05). Soft touch. An aggressive A.J. Hammons (Purdue) at same age.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I thought the part about working on his academics was a little mysterious, unless he's a partial qualifier. Either that or the coaches thought he'd do better academically at WSU if he had another year of academic prep work.

Some of the questions about him and the giant gaps between some rankings and his recruitment are starting to work themselves out. Probably wasn't considered ready for D1 ball or academics. That would explain why better programs were passing on what looks like a rather good player.
            I agree. I think it is is probably a combination of a kid who can use some work on both the basketball (including strength and conditioning) and academic side of the equation. No way to know whether or not they had a choice or not in this matter but from what I have read I think this is the best move with Poor Bear. Especially, if they are hot on the trail of another player that could step in and be a factor and in the mix either this upcoming season or be a key piece of the pie beginning in 2018-19 when we have a bunch of pieces to replace. Sounds like they may be but again who knows for sure.
            Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 31, 2017, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              My memory was that Hamilton was a freakish athlete but no less of a project. Thus, he was placed at SCA.
              He wasn't a 3* or 4*.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Andrew Force
                I am REALLY high on '17 C Isaiah Chandler (NE)...reminds of Sean May (UNC '05). Soft touch. An aggressive A.J. Hammons (Purdue) at same age.
                https://twitter.com/AndrewForce8/sta...76416120655875
                I like it. A Tar Heel comparison is pretty accurate. We need guys like this to compete, and beat, guys like them (S. May).

Comment

• As I recall, Hamilton had offers from schools in every P5 conference, and probably The American as well.

Looking back on that, Hamilton's recruitment was a little like the NBA draft. A lot of weight was put on potential rather than current performance. Unfortunately when coaches were scouting Hamilton he was probably playing in some rather loosely organized systems and his difficulty reading situations and moving to specific spots was disguised by something closer to pick up games.

Not knowing where to be on either end of the court proved to be more of a fatal flaw than Orukpe's inability to catch the ball or throw it.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    As I recall, Hamilton had offers from schools in every P5 conference, and probably The American as well.

Looking back on that, Hamilton's recruitment was a little like the NBA draft. A lot of weight was put on potential rather than current performance. Unfortunately when coaches were scouting Hamilton he was probably playing in some rather loosely organized systems and his difficulty reading situations and moving to specific spots was disguised by something closer to pick up games.

Not knowing where to be on either end of the court proved to be more of a fatal flaw than Orukpe's inability to catch the ball or throw it.
                    http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...8-is-a-Shocker!

While he did have offers/some interest from a few P5 schools, I believe saying he "had offers from schools in every P5 conference, and probably The American as well" is a significant reach toward hyperbole. He had some decent offers, we were his best.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

While he did have offers/some interest from a few P5 schools, I believe saying he "had offers from schools in every P5 conference, and probably The American as well" is a significant reach toward hyperbole. He had some decent offers, we were his best.
                      At least now that I've reached a quite gray-haired age, when my memory fails that badly, people don't look at me and say, "Dude! You're stoned".
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Am I gonna hafta look this **** up?

Comment

Am I gonna hafta look this **** up?
                          The only major I remember was Auburn. Several smaller schools as I recall.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            The only major I remember was Auburn. Several smaller schools as I recall.
                            According to 247/sports, Georgia offered, visits by Auburn and Memphis

Comment

• All I see here is good starter by the 19-20 season. So, sorry if I am not excited to hear about this guy whose newer to the game and has academic concerns in the summer of 2017. Compare this project to the news of DeAntoni Gordon. Gordon is on a path to be a star by the time he gets here in 2019. Total difference. One is exciting, the other is eh.

*Edit: Low IQ changed to "newer to the game"
                              Last edited by mini-shock; June 2, 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                                All I see here is good starter by the 19-20 season. So, sorry if I am not excited to hear about this guy with low basketball IQ and academic concerns in the summer of 2017. Compare this project to the news of DeAntoni Gordon. Gordon is on a path to be a star by the time he gets here in 2019. Total difference. One is exciting, the other is eh.
                                Low basketball IQ?
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X