Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
    Low basketball IQ?
    You're right.

Comment

• Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
      All I see here is good starter by the 19-20 season. So, sorry if I am not excited to hear about this guy with low basketball IQ and academic concerns in the summer of 2017. Compare this project to the news of DeAntoni Gordon. Gordon is on a path to be a star by the time he gets here in 2019. Total difference. One is exciting, the other is eh.
      Everything i've seen says he picks things up quickly. He doeasn't look like a player who got cut from his 8th grade team. For only having 4 years in working on his game, his moves around the basket are sound. His HS coach said they would show him a post move and the next day he'd be executing it.

Only starting to play during his HS Fr year and ending up as a second-team all-state player by one account, the player of the year in Nebraska by another, an ESPN 4* rating, and a 247 3* rating is not an indication of someone who struggles to learn basics and essentials.

Parking him at Sunrise keeps a scholarship open and, gives him an extra year to develop and get some possible academic issues in order. Go to the UConn board and read the report of a guy who coached a team against him.

https://the-boneyard.com/threads/isaiah-poor-bear-chandler.111516/

Last edited by Aargh; June 2, 2017, 12:10 PM.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

All I see here is a good Big (baby baby) starter by the 19-20 season.
        Agreed. Gotta have them bigs.

Comment

You're right.
          You mean like half of ku's team? Seriously.

#ChokingChickens

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            What seems odd here: "He chose New Mexico last October from 13 offers that included UNO, Southern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota and Bowling Green. He was listed as a four-star recruit by ESPN."
            ESPN ranking doesn't mean much

Comment

• Who knows what the kid can be in a couple years. We do know he is 6'9 255
              right now. That is quite a bit to work with. Maybe 6'10 270 in a couple years
              and a year with KR for muscle, quickness and jumping training. Maybe a bigger
              SM down stream.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                Who knows what the kid can be in a couple years. We do know he is 6'9 255
                right now. That is quite a bit to work with. Maybe 6'10 270 in a couple years
                and a year with KR for muscle, quickness and jumping training. Maybe a bigger
                SM down stream.
                This kid looks to have some pretty valuable natural tools to work with. Meaning soft hands and footwork/timing. Those were on display throughout the videos.

Some recruiting guru compared him to a S. May or an A.J. Hammonds. That's high praise.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  This kid looks to have some pretty valuable natural tools to work with. Meaning soft hands and footwork/timing. Those were on display throughout the videos.

Some recruiting guru compared him to a S. May or an A.J. Hammonds. That's high praise.
                  That is high praise. I am not dooming him by any means. I'm just saying he's not exciting IMO.

Comment

• I like the signing, but let's not piss ourselves.

Comment

That is high praise. I am not dooming him by any means. I'm just saying he's not exciting IMO.
                      That's not a roll of quarters in my pocket....I'm excited

Comment

That's your opinion for sure. I myself like power fowards who like to take it to the rim and finish rudely, as this guy did last year with 90 slams. Not bad for a relative newcomer to game.

Serious potential with this one. I think a front line with him, Gordon and the Dane is looking pretty good in the future. With Shamet as the Senior point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          That's your opinion for sure. I myself like power fowards who like to take it to the rim and finish rudely, as this guy did last year with 90 slams. Not bad for a relative newcomer to game.

Serious potential with this one. I think a front line with him, Gordon and the Dane is looking pretty good in the future. With Shamet as the Senior point.
                          I'm with you on all of this. Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for Landry, I'm afraid that last one isn't going to happen. I don't see Shamet being here for his senior season. If he is, it means he is back to try and finally win an NC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            I'm with you on all of this. Unfortunately for us, but fortunately for Landry, I'm afraid that last one isn't going to happen. I don't see Shamet being here for his senior season. If he is, it means he is back to try and finally win an NC.
                            Or it means that something went horribly wrong to damage his draft status.
                            78-65

Comment

Oh well. Reaves and CJ will both probably still be around. :wsu_posters:

Comment

Or it means his Mom wants him to get his degree before he does anything else.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X