Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Anyone hear about this kid? I hear he might have been looked at by WSU.

Last edited by shocks02; May 21, 2017, 07:55 AM.

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
    Anyone hear about this kid? I hear he might have been looked at by WSU.

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/bask...ea363cd80.html
    What seems odd here: "He chose New Mexico last October from 13 offers that included UNO, Southern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota and Bowling Green. He was listed as a four-star recruit by ESPN."

Comment

Found this link. He likes the dunk!

Comment

This one shows he has decent footwork and shooting touch. I think he has great potential to make an impact pretty quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
          This one shows he has decent footwork and shooting touch. I think he has great potential to make an impact pretty quickly.

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4959366/...e0b513c01b63ae
          Yeah, that tape shows a few things

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            What seems odd here: "He chose New Mexico last October from 13 offers that included UNO, Southern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, South Dakota and Bowling Green. He was listed as a four-star recruit by ESPN."
            The 4* and that list of schools seems like quite a disconnect. Made me look at the clips looking for problems. There are going to be a bunch of 6'9" guys in D1 ball who are likely to elevate higher. There will also be 6'9" guys in D1 who will beat him down the floor in transition.

That doesn't seem like enough to justify that list of offers. Kinda makes you wonder if there might be something you'd never see in a highlight clip that affected his recruiting.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The 4* rating is good. The way they rate players from my understanding is by the number & quality of the offers (in their opinion). He sure looks agressive attacking the basket. If he had not been granted permission to start looking until yesterday? Then I would be doubtful this would be one we a looking at unless something fell through on another prospect. Late Decision for getting a release. Sometimes things just work out and fall in your favor.

Comment

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
                If he had not been granted permission to start looking until yesterday? Then I would be doubtful this would be one we a looking at unless something fell through on another prospect. Late Decision for getting a release. Sometimes things just work out and fall in your favor.
                He was granted his release a month ago on April 18th.

Comment

I like the 6'9" 240 pounds part. He was rated as a 3 star by 24/7 sports, so I'm not sure ESPN gave him 4 stars. My experience with looking at who we're recruiting is that the 24/7 sports rating is usually a little higher than ESPN.

I think he could be a good player for us. 24/7 had him rated as the #2 player in Nebraska this year. 24/7 had the following list of schools recruiting him (not any of these would be even close to us, program-wise):

He could be a sleeper, though. Especially given his size. You can't coach that kind of size.

The reason for his unusual name is he is a Lakota Sioux.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    He was granted his release a month ago on April 18th.

http://www.omaha.com/neprepzone/bask...ea363cd80.html
                    Thanks for clarifying the timeline. I was not well informed on that. Liked Oregon transfer Williams the best before, but the 3 year eligibility is a big plus for this prospect. Fine with whomever Marshall thinks is best.

Comment

If he's been released from his LOI, wouldn't he have all 4 years (and not have to sit out a transfer year)?

I must admit I'm not an expert on qualifying and transferring, but IIRC, I believe this is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        If he's been released from his LOI, wouldn't he have all 4 years (and not have to sit out a transfer year)?

I must admit I'm not an expert on qualifying and transferring, but IIRC, I believe this is the case.
                        That's my understanding as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          I like the 6'9" 240 pounds part. He was rated as a 3 star by 24/7 sports, so I'm not sure ESPN gave him 4 stars. My experience with looking at who we're recruiting is that the 24/7 sports rating is usually a little higher than ESPN.

I think he could be a good player for us. 24/7 had him rated as the #2 player in Nebraska this year. 24/7 had the following list of schools recruiting him (not any of these would be even close to us, program-wise):

He could be a sleeper, though. Especially given his size. You can't coach that kind of size.

The reason for his unusual name is he is a Lakota Sioux.
                          I was able to find it and ESPN, sure enough, had him rated as a 4 star. Also listed him #30 in his center position.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/databaseresults?firstname=Isaiah&lastname=Chandler &collegeid=&class=2017&position=C&state=35
                          Last edited by Boss1786; May 22, 2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

I hate to say it but with that name doesn't he belong at Missouri State?

Comment

Where have we heard that we are recruiting him?

Comment

Working...
                              X