Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol

Antoine's salary as a rookie was $335k, followed by $400k and $460k in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Bigger contracts my ass, that's a joke compared to now for the 8th overall pick even when adjusted for inflation.

Trying to refute a statement about current circumstances w/r/t the draft and salaries with an example from 34 years ago is dumb.

Comment

• Cliff, OTOH, received an even lower salary after leaving early as the 9th overall pick in the 1982 draft, clocking in at $200k in each of his first two seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
        I remember it well. You obviously don't.

Isn't today's pay rate capped out at 3 yr., 3 mil per max? There was no cap then, hence bigger contracts.

Antoine Carr turned down a certain top 10 draft pick to return to a team facing a year of post season sanctions. That didn't make him an idiot.
        First, not nearly as many players went to the NBA draft early then as now, hence it wasn't really a thing. In 1983 four players drafted in the first two rounds were non-seniors. In 1982 it was 9. In 2016 14 seniors were drafted, 5 before pick 44. Second, it doesn't matter that there was no cap because they weren't paying the players near as much. The median salary for an NBA player went from $200K annuallyin 1985 to $2.2 annually in 2015. So the fact that Antoine stayed is totally irrelevant to the conversation because things were different then.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
          lol

Antoine's salary as a rookie was $335k, followed by $400k and $460k in his 2nd and 3rd seasons. Bigger contracts my ass, that's a joke compared to now for the 8th overall pick even when adjusted for inflation.

Trying to refute a statement about current circumstances w/r/t the draft and salaries with an example from 34 years ago is dumb.
          I see you missed my point too. I'm not surprised. Your poor wife.

AC is not an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
            I see you missed my point too. I'm not surprised. Your poor wife.

AC is not an idiot.
            <Asserts Antoine is not an idiot, which no one claimed him to be.>

<Uses idiotic argument to support statement>

<Gets frustrated that everyone "misses the point" by pointing out dumb argument is dumb>

The memes with racial slurs (mostly deleted due to content?) in the politics forum were more in your wheelhouse.

Comment

• So, how bout the Poor Bear and God Bear combination up front in the coming years?
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                <Asserts Antoine is not an idiot, which no one claimed him to be.>

<Uses idiotic argument to support statement>

<Gets frustrated that everyone "misses the point" by pointing out dumb argument is dumb>

The memes with racial slurs (mostly deleted do to content?) in the politics forum were more in your wheelhouse.
                How does your wife put up with your delusional assumptions? Don't answer. Poor thing.

I'm glad my beautiful black wife doesn't think I'm a bigot. But she does have sympathy for your poor wife.

Comment

• lol yep certainly not a troll nothing to see here

Comment

• IIRC, AC played overseas before he went to the NBA ???

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                      IIRC, AC played overseas before he went to the NBA ???
                      He played in Italy. He broke several backboards over there! :good:

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                        IIRC, AC played overseas before he went to the NBA ???
                        Yep, he turned down $250k/yr to go to Italy for a year before returning with a contract for $335k.

Because, you know, the salaries were bigger then versus now.

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Isn't today's pay rate capped out at 3 yr., 3 mil per max? There was no cap then, hence bigger contracts, so yeah, it was different.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          I think calling someone an idiot is a bit harsh if they chose to advance their knowledge and prepar themselves for life after basketball. I think if read somewhere of pro athletes having career ending injuries.
                          The problem with the injury argument is that it's a pretty good reason to leave early IF you're a lock first round choice. Finishing your degree with a 1 to 5 megabuck nest egg beats having the injury in your senior year, and finishing unemployed.

Comment

• It's also not uncommon to include a provision covering tuition for the remaining years required to obtain the degree in contracts for 1st round picks and especially lottery selections.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              I mostly agree with this.
                              Anyone who has taken Finance at WSU should undersrand this. Don't be a Derrick Coleman.
                              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                                So, how bout the Poor Bear and God Bear combination up front in the coming years?
                                I don't think they will play together, rather I think they will both play center.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X