Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isaiah Poor Bear Chandler 6'9 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UNM's recent record in the MWC

2014 - 2
    2015 - 8
    2016 - T4-5
    2017 - 5
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
      If we are judging the talent level by offers - on the day a young man commits...Ron Baker was offered by Ft Hays, one of the Dakotas, and some small school in Arkansas. He turned out to be a decent role player.

He also committed to UNM fairly early in the process which might explain the lack of offers.
      I understand that not every good player gets the looks they need to get the offers they merit. It's a lot easier to be "found" in Omaha than in Scott City.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Kudos to Kyle, our staff worked their ass off to leapfrog other suitors in a hurry to get this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
          I understand that not every good player gets the looks they need to get the offers they merit. It's a lot easier to be "found" in Omaha than in Scott City.
          According to the 24/7 link which was provided, he committed immediately after his trip to New Mexico, and did not take any other visits.

He could have very well been overlooked by other schools for that reason.

Given that ESPN gave him 4*, I'd say he will at least be serviceable and might be a real sleeper.

We needed a big, we got a big. We have plenty of guards for next year. Well just have to see if he's a sleeper or not next season.

NOTE: he was the #1 ranked player in the state of Nebraska according to one of the links provided. I'd say that would make him at least decent D1 material.
          Last edited by shocka khan; May 28, 2017, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I don't disagree but if he committed early to UNM (because he lived there as a child) and decommitted late - who knows what kind of offers he may have gotten or not.

I'm just not ready to call him a role player with out seeing him in 3G's system for a couple of years.

Barry offers and sometimes signs some decent players - Jordon Caroline - Anthony Beane - Kyle Weems - all had talent to play above SIU or MSU.

Comment

The New Mexico site says we had offered when he committed to them. I would guess we'll find out that many larger schools were wanting him to go the prep school route after his decommitment.

He looks ready to play, maybe he redshirts.

What's not to like about this kid?
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                Kudos to Kyle, our staff worked their ass off to leapfrog other suitors in a hurry to get this one.
                👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
                SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

Loadin' up on some bigs. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                    What's not to like about this kid?
                    Good question. He looks like a player to me. If he ends up as a role player then I imagine we're in pretty good shape.
                    Last edited by pie n eye; May 28, 2017, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I'm going to reserve judgment on his role/future until he at least takes court as a Shocker. For now, welcome aboard IPBC! Welcome to Shocker Nation!!

Comment

I'm excited to welcome IPBC aboard! We got some size for the future...we got some perimeter skills! Gonna need some forwards in next years class.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Quoth Aargh: "I understand that not every good player gets the looks they need to get the offers they merit. It's a lot easier to be "found" in..."

...Lawrence, on the Chickenhawk roster, as happened with Poor Bear Frankamp, who seems likely to exceed role player status in his WSU career after all?

Let's see where Isaiah stands in a couple of years. If he keeps progressing as he did from his junior year in HS to his senior year, we'll probably be glad to have him on our side.

Comment

Rah-Rah

Hope he works out, but hard to get excited about this one.
                            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                              Rah-Rah

Hope he works out, but hard to get excited about this one.
                              Watching his tape, I'm going to have to disagree on whether there is anything to get excited about.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Good body, nice hands and his footwork was light. Welcome to Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                                X