Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't make it to the :30 mark of this:

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Only song that came to mind was Offspring - feelings... Not even going to post the video and it's already stuck in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Now That is music baybay. Yipes, stripes, beechnut gum--we want Isaac here!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• 247 sports has crystal ball at 50% chance he picks KU, 38% WSU and 12% Wolfpack. Sorry if this has already been posted. The graph shows us coming on strong just recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
            http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

247 sports has crystal ball at 50% chance he picks KU, 38% WSU and 12% Wolfpack. Sorry if this has already been posted. The graph shows us coming on strong just recently.
            Just show him the following video to help escalate his choice...

http://youtu.be/vVWsHNhxSUw

Comment

• Originally posted by KraRam View Post
              http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

247 sports has crystal ball at 50% chance he picks KU, 38% WSU and 12% Wolfpack. Sorry if this has already been posted. The graph shows us coming on strong just recently.
              Pretty sure we weren't mentioned with Humprhries anywhere besides Wichita State message boards, so unless it's a coincidence, the Twitterverse made an impact on some recruiting experts. Maybe Twitter got them to check their "sources" and heard something was there.

Comment

• Who wants to tweet Jerry Meyer and ask if he's heard any real info or if he's just trying to get the scoop?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                  Pretty sure we weren't mentioned with Humprhries anywhere besides Wichita State message boards, so unless it's a coincidence, the Twitterverse made an impact on some recruiting experts. Maybe Twitter got them to check their "sources" and heard something was there.
                  We weren't even listed as having contact with him a week ago on 247.

Comment

• Sometimes even the professionals need a little nudge in the right direction. :)
                    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I feel like this rumor probably has some legs. Would be an unbelievable get for the Shockers and in my opinion is the missing link to a Final Four and possibly a National Championship game next season. BUT like what's been said in this thread regarding we haven't been associated with his recruitment until the last week or two...and the involvement of that bubble school on the prairie...it would seem the chance of signing an NBA caliber center is not in our favor.

Having said that...there's no way I can believe that Gregg Marshall didn't make a HUGE impression on the young lad while visiting Shocker Nation recently.

Kinda starting to believe that it's going to come down to us or them and me thinks we are due for one of these HIGH PROFILE signings.
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        I feel like this rumor probably has some legs. Would be an unbelievable get for the Shockers and in my opinion is the missing link to a Final Four and possibly a National Championship game next season. BUT like what's been said in this thread regarding we haven't been associated with his recruitment until the last week or two...and the involvement of that bubble school on the prairie...it would seem the chance of signing an NBA caliber center is not in our favor.

Having said that...there's no way I can believe that Gregg Marshall didn't make a HUGE impression on the young lad while visiting Shocker Nation recently.

Kinda starting to believe that it's going to come down to us or them and me thinks we are due for one of these HIGH PROFILE signings.
                        I am a firm believer that if any of our young bigs can step up alongside of AG, we already have a shot at FF, NC games. That being said, this kid would be a HUGE get and could dramatically improve the odds that we get to the promised land.

Comment

• One more plus...he wouldn't be eligible for the NBA draft until after his sophomore season.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            One more plus...he wouldn't be eligible for the NBA draft until after his sophomore season.
                            Holy Crap!!! I hadn't even thought about that. HUGE PLUS!!!

Comment

• Who sees any losses on the schedule next year? I don't ;)

I was mildly upset that our best start ever record lasted only 1 season. Too bad for UK that their record is going to last the same amount of time.

I am only half-joking.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                                Who sees any losses on the schedule next year? I don't ;)

I was mildly upset that our best start ever record lasted only 1 season. Too bad for UK that their record is going to last the same amount of time.

I am only half-joking.
                                I think current roster gives a chance at NC game with current bigs stepping up. If we get this kid signed AND have a couple young guys step up, WOW! Anything is possible!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X