No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw this on the ausahoops.com web page. If he comes here, some of the lower numbers can be improved on with help from Rosenboom. Fred and Ron can help with the last 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
      I saw this on the ausahoops.com web page. If he comes here, some of the lower numbers can be improved on with help from Rosenboom. Fred and Ron can help with the last 3.

That site has rankings of Australian high school players and have Humphries as the #1 player in the class of 2016 ahead of Thon Maker. To give you an idea of the talent Australian is producing, the top Australian player currently in the class of 2015 is Ben Simmons, who is #2 in the Rivals 150.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Sometime in the last 36 hours, Isaac Humphries' 247 page was updated. I only know that because I left the tab open when I went to the site yesterday, and just refreshed it.

Yesterday Wichita State was not listed as being of interest to Humphries, and Kansas was a 60% prediction on their crystal ball.

Today Wichita State is the favorite at 50%. KU 38%, New Mexico 12%.

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

*Edit: I missed KraRam's post, but still worth noting that it's changed again since he made that comment, and we're officially the front-runners now from them, for whatever that's worth. Not tracking any updates on the other sites yet, but they don't seem to be tracking the possibility of him reclassifying, either.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com

Last edited by Rlh04d; May 16, 2015, 03:50 PM.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Holy Sniekies!!!!
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            Sometime in the last 36 hours, Isaac Humphries' 247 page was updated. I only know that because I left the tab open when I went to the site yesterday, and just refreshed it.

Yesterday Wichita State was not listed as being of interest to Humphries, and Kansas was a 60% prediction on their crystal ball.

Today Wichita State is the favorite at 50%. KU 38%, New Mexico 12%.

http://247sports.com/Player/Isaac-Humphries-75144

*Edit: I missed KraRam's post, but still worth noting that it's changed again since he made that comment, and we're officially the front-runners no from them, for whatever that's worth.
            Ryan Noel, a KU guy, switched his prediction from KU to Wichita State.

I'm still not convinced any of these "experts" have heard something. I wouldn't be surprised if all this activity came from ShockerNet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
              That site has rankings of Australian high school players and have Humphries as the #1 player in the class of 2016 ahead of Thon Maker. To give you an idea of the talent Australian is producing, the top Australian player currently in the class of 2015 is Ben Simmons, who is #2 in the Rivals 150.
              Length, defense, rebounding, post skills and potential says all I need to know.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

I'm still not convinced any of these "experts" have heard something. I wouldn't be surprised if all this activity came from ShockerNet.
                That's definitely possible. But I do think it's interesting that their Director of Basketball Scouting switched his prediction.

247 is a pretty respected site, at least on the football end. I don't pay as much attention to the basketball recruiting, but I don't generally feel like they're the kind of site that only goes off of message board chatter. They have guys with connections. (I doubt ALL of those guys have connections, though.)

But ... I don't see Twitter chatter, so I don't think they're particularly confident.
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  That's definitely possible. But I do think it's interesting that their Director of Basketball Scouting switched his prediction.

247 is a pretty respected site, at least on the football end. I don't pay as much attention to the basketball recruiting, but I don't generally feel like they're the kind of site that only goes off of message board chatter. They have guys with connections. (I doubt ALL of those guys have connections, though.)
                  Yep, Jerry Meyer is a trusted name. I was hoping someone would tweet him and see if he has any info he would like to pass along. I would myself but I don't do the Twitter thing.

Comment

• The Crystal Ball predictions aren't worth squat. The fact that several guys have now predicted WSU in spite of the fact that the only chatter on the inter web is right here...that says we are heavily recruiting him.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                      The fact that several guys have now predicted WSU in spite of the fact that the only chatter on the inter web is right here...that says we are heavily recruiting him.
                      Yep. I'm not going to start jumping for joy over getting the crystal ball to go our way. But there's no doubt we're heavily involved in his recruitment now.

Comment

Well you'd think that the KU Insider has access to Jerrance Howard or others in the KU camp. If you think that KU has not made contact with Humphries after these last few weeks and the rumors that are out by now, you are delusional. We'll wait to see what other movement there is in the next day, or three.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          The Crystal Ball predictions aren't worth squat. The fact that several guys have now predicted WSU in spite of the fact that the only chatter on the inter web is right here...that says we are heavily recruiting him.
                          Now that Bossi's involved too, there is probably things going on behind the scenes to determine what is going on.

Comment

Yep, Jerry Meyer is a trusted name. I was hoping someone would tweet him and see if he has any info he would like to pass along. I would myself but I don't do the Twitter thing.
                            I'll tweet he and Bossi, but I doubt I'll get much response.
                            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• @AndShock:

Bossi finally responded. I asked if they were hearing anything substantial about WSU's chances of landing Humphries. Bossi replied, "Keep hearing that it is very possible. Humphries has to complete proper course work first."

I'll take that!!!

Comment

• nm

Comment

Working...
                                X