No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I clearly missed something while I was on business for the past week. Somehow, we're in the Isaac Humphries sweepstakes and he's actually visited campus? Talk about UTR. I'm pretty thrilled SI has picked us as one of ten schools to challenge for an NC next season, let alone be in the running for getting one of the top bigs.

Wow, it's good to be a Shocker nut right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
      We weren't even listed as having contact with him a week ago on 247.
      I looked at 247 two days ago and we weren't listed at all. It's changed since late Wednesday

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
        I looked at 247 two days ago and we weren't listed at all. It's changed since late Wednesday
        They have the times the predictions were made:

Wichita State 5/15/15 10:45AM
        Wichita State 5/15/15 12:01PM
        Wichita State 5/15/15 12:18PM

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          They have the times the predictions were made:

Wichita State 5/15/15 10:45AM
          Wichita State 5/15/15 12:01PM
          Wichita State 5/15/15 12:18PM
          When I posted that, I looked on mobile, which I don't think lists the times :)

Either way .. that can't be a bad sign lol

Especially considering all of the ones point to KU are a year old AND all KU writers. The 3 pointing to WSU are 247 related or Duke related.
          Last edited by Stickboy46; May 15, 2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Phognet seems to have picked up on those predictions also so this probably isn't so 'under the radar' as it was. lol The ones I saw over there claim they didn't want him *anyway*.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
              Phognet seems to have picked up on those predictions also so this probably isn't so 'under the radar' as it was. lol The ones I saw over there claim they didn't want him *anyway*.
              KU will never acknowledge they lost a recruit to us if/when it does happen. I can't wait until we get a top of the class city league player over them.

Comment

• The flagshit was ***** slapped by us in front of a national audience when it mattered.

All I heard is how Self would have them ready for little brother and how WSU fans better be careful what we wished for.......

We're ALREADY getting kids that punk ku, and last I checked (and that was last night fwiw) it really wasn't all that close.

78-65

I think it was Marv Albert that said WSU doesn't need ku for validation. He's right. Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  The flagshit was ***** slapped by us in front of a national audience when it mattered.

All I heard is how Self would have them ready for little brother and how WSU fans better be careful what we wished for.......

We're ALREADY getting kids that punk ku, and last I checked (and that was last night fwiw) it really wasn't all that close.

78-65

I think it was Marv Albert that said WSU doesn't need ku for validation. He's right. Go Shocks!
                  Agreed! And for me, all Lawrence Kansas is good for is a land mark letting me know that I'm getting closer to Kansas City...
                  Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                  Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by capnkirk View Post
                    Agreed! And for me, all Lawrence Kansas is good for is a land mark letting me know that I'm getting closer to Kansas City...
                    Doc and I made the trek to STL for Arch Madness with some friends. We all got to talking so much that we missed the Emporia exit on the Turnpike. Doc was NOT happy that we had to pass by Lawrence. I tried to distract him as Lawrence approached so that he wouldn't go all suicide bomber on the place.
                    78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      The flagshit was ***** slapped by us in front of a national audience when it mattered.

78-65

Evan Wessel plus Marshall as a coach was good enough to defend Perry Ellis and beat them offensively with all those shots he made.
                      Marshall took the "other guy" from heights and beat them with him after we "lost" Perry to them. I mean no disrespect to Evan here. In fact, it's an even bigger compliment actually. Just saying :)

Comment

• Wessel played his best overall game as a Shocker IMO in the KU win. He disallowed Perry to have a banner game. Cotton always plays the D but in the KU win, his offense was awesome. Seldon and Green were kept in check by the Shocks. Baker and FVV were the best guards on the court in this win over KU.

We have all of the WSU players mentioned except Cotton that performed great in that game returning. We have an exciting recruiting class incoming which includes Frankamp. When the dust settles, this may be Marshall's best overall Recruiting Class in his trek here. If we were to sign Issac, even if we were only to have him for 2 Seasons, we will be walking in tall cotton from top to bottom at every position with the deepest quality team maybe here ever.

With such a team, this will be still another banner Season to remember. Remember when M. Jordan made the free-throw with his eyes closed? Likewise, 3G could do subbing with a blindfold on and still be finer than a frog-hair.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                          Wessel played his best overall game as a Shocker IMO in the KU win. He disallowed Perry to have a banner game. Cotton always plays the D but in the KU win, his offense was awesome. Seldon and Green were kept in check by the Shocks. Baker and FVV were the best guards on the court in this win over KU.

We have all of the WSU players mentioned except Cotton that performed great in that game returning. We have an exciting recruiting class incoming which includes Frankamp. When the dust settles, this may be Marshall's best overall Recruiting Class in his trek here. If we were to sign Issac, even if we were only to have him for 2 Seasons, we will be walking in tall cotton from top to bottom at every position with the deepest quality team maybe here ever.

With such a team, this will be still another banner Season to remember. Remember when M. Jordan made the free-throw with his eyes closed? Likewise, 3G could do subbing with a blindfold on and still be finer than a frog-hair.
                          Also don't forget how Zach Brown outplayed future draft pick Kelly Oubre. A lot of guys had one of their finer games against KU.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                            I feel like this rumor probably has some legs. Would be an unbelievable get for the Shockers and in my opinion is the missing link to a Final Four and possibly a National Championship game next season. BUT like what's been said in this thread regarding we haven't been associated with his recruitment until the last week or two...and the involvement of that bubble school on the prairie...it would seem the chance of signing an NBA caliber center is not in our favor.

Having said that...there's no way I can believe that Gregg Marshall didn't make a HUGE impression on the young lad while visiting Shocker Nation recently.

Kinda starting to believe that it's going to come down to us or them and me thinks we are due for one of these HIGH PROFILE signings.
                            I don't know if I'd consider him being the missing link to a final four or better. First year players that come into the WSU program usually don't have very good first years. It's not until the following year or later that they really start to get comfortable with all the offensive schemes and screening assignments that Coach Marshall has. Also, in the first year, they haven't yet learned how to play the type of defense Marshall requires.

So, if we get him and get to a final four or win the NC, it won't be because of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              I don't know if I'd consider him being the missing link to a final four or better. First year players that come into the WSU program usually don't have very good first years. It's not until the following year or later that they really start to get comfortable with all the offensive schemes and screening assignments that Coach Marshall has. Also, in the first year, they haven't yet learned how to play the type of defense Marshall requires.

So, if we get him and get to a final four or win the NC, it won't be because of him.
                              or maybe it will be

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Cle had a pretty solid first year in the program.

Comment

Working...
                                X