No announcement yet.

Jordan Cyphers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of HS I would have loved this kid. Right now, I think we have bigger and better options. If another spot opens up I'd rather have one of the three wings we've been discussing
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
      But the rest of the quote said iif a scholarship is open which it doesn't seem that likely to be.

Too bad we didn't get him out of highschool for all concerned.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• well if he walked on he would have to sit out next year and then would have 2 years of eligibility left.....I didnt know anything about him when he was coming out of HS though. Next year maybe Kyles best year ever after the hand issues and his realization that time is short and lifes not always fair....you better git to gittin
        1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• This was in the local Utah paper.....

Mike Cyphers said his son was released without any restrictions and that Boylen offered to help Jordan find a new program.

But the elder Cyphers said he was also displeased with how things turned out.

Cyphers originally was recruited by Wichita State, Illinois and George Mason, among other schools, according to his father. But Mike Cyphers said that Boylen told him that Jordan turned the ball over too much and was a bad fit for his offense and scheme -- an explanation that he said he found insufficient.

"The bad thing about it is he just didn't trust [Jordan] enough," Mike Cyphers said. "I asked him, 'What is there to trust when what you've got out there is giving you absolutely nothing?'"
          it went on to say...Cyphers played more as a freshman, getting into 22 games and averaged 3.2 points and 0.7 rebounds and 5.7 minutes a game
          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• I don't know if it will work out with Jordan but I expect to see a few Wichitians in black and gold in a couple of years.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Virtually every year, 2 or 3 open up unexpectedly.

Comment

• My guess is if there are three openings, Jordan will take one of them. I think we want a PG and SF first.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• We want him--and not as a walkon.

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                    We want him--and not as a walkon.
                    Why?
                    SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
                      Originally posted by lawmaker
                      Why?
                      Dido!!! The first priority is a quality point guard, which hopefully will come via the juco route. In order to get where WSU wants to go next year, having two quality PG's is a necessity. You never know when things out of your control like injuries will rear its ugly head. We know Murry is a servicable PG when and if needed.

If another scholly comes open I can't see anything but bringing in a PF. If it's a HS player, look at a possible RS, or maybe we get fortunate to land Stephen Rogers, who gives us versatility in the front court for 3 years. We lose alot at that general position. Durley and Blair are very big shoes to fill...Ellis not so much.

If Cyphers wants to be a Shocker, great. Let him come on his dime and prove himself. We already have a 6-4 combo guard (Wessel) coming in 11-12. That year's priority is to replace Durley & Blair . GO SHOX!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                        Originally posted by SFL
                        Originally posted by lawmaker
                        Why?
                        Dido!!! The first priority is a quality point guard, which hopefully will come via the juco route. In order to get where WSU wants to go next year, having two quality PG's is a necessity. You never know when things out of your control like injuries will rear its ugly head. We know Murry is a servicable PG when and if needed.

If another scholly comes open I can't see anything but bringing in a PF. If it's a HS player, look at a possible RS, or maybe we get fortunate to land Stephen Rogers, who gives us versatility in the front court for 3 years. We lose alot at that general position. Durley and Blair are very big shoes to fill...Ellis not so much.

If Cyphers wants to be a Shocker, great. Let him come on his dime and prove himself. We already have a 6-4 combo guard (Wessel) coming in 11-12. That year's priority is to replace Durley & Blair . GO SHOX!!!
                        My thoughts exactly. Given our roster for this year and the next, we have much greater needs.

Maybe Jordan's performance, or lack there of, and playing time was not mostly his fault. On the other hand, a usually successful program, now drowning in its conference second division with a losing record would most likely try to do anything to improve it's situation including trying different players. Instead, Cyphers wasn't playing at all. I also think that most all of the statements that his father has made, has NOT done Jordan any favors and would throw up a red flag of caution. High school performance from two years ago is old history. I'm looking for anything that would be a solid reason to offer a schollie.

Comment

• Whose leaving the program in order to create the 3 openings because I only know about 1 scholarship?

Comment

• Originally posted by lawmaker
                            Well judging by the roster Baylor looks okay at the guard position for the next few years.

Of course Jordan would have to sit out a year so you would tack it all after the fact.

But we dont really care what you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse
                              Whose leaving the program in order to create the 3 openings because I only know about 1 scholarship?
                              I think Coy's scholarship is available.

The succeeding article in the Ute paper said that their basketball program had oversigned for next year so it looks like the writing was on the wall for Jordan. His first year of eligibility would be our first year without Murray and Hatch. Maybe we could use a redshirt junior.

Comment

• Murry and Hatch are not in the same class. Murry would be a senior.

Comment

Working...
                                X