No announcement yet.

Jordan Cyphers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murry is better than Hines. Doubt he would be a target.

Comment

• Bump...any word on where he landed?

Comment

• Originally posted by RampageWSU
        Bump...any word on where he landed?
        Yes. He is staying put at Utah.

Chris Hines WON'T leave Utah, opting instead to return. Will he be Utah's starting PG next season?
        In the fast lane

Comment

• But what about Cyphers?

Comment

• I haven't seen anything about him on the net.
            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 150946shox
              Seems to me that the announcements of a player leaving always come shortly after the post seaons banquets. As far back as Jay Lewis (1999-2000), Maurice Evans, Adam Liberty, Sean Ogirri, Ryan Bradley etc. They all announced after the banquet which is scheduled for April 15 this year.

I notice this because I always attend the banquet and wish the players well in the year to come, then see they're gone shortly afterward.
              Once again, I wished a player well for next year, only to find he's leaving. I still wish him well. I hope he finds the perfect fit.

Comment

• Cyphers?

Comment

• Tweet earlier from Paul S.

Jordan Cyphers, from Wichita SE and Utah, is visiting Tennessee St. (coached by John Cooper) and considering Texas-Arlington, Charlotte.
                  Goo Shockers

Comment

• oh how far his stock has fallen. it looks like the euro right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan45
                      Tweet earlier from Paul S.

Jordan Cyphers, from Wichita SE and Utah, is visiting Tennessee St. (coached by John Cooper) and considering Texas-Arlington, Charlotte.
                      http://twitter.com/PaulSuellentrop
                      Ouch.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

• Cyphers landed at Tennessee State.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Tennessee State?

Wow -- Tennessee State. That's pretty much the sports equivalent of "How's that 'hope and change' working out for you?"

Cyphers could have stayed home, where he was much wanted and had the potential of being a local hero as he participated in WSU's revival. Instead he took the lure of Utah, where things never worked out, and is now in obscurity at a low major program hundreds of miles away. His best chance to be seen here at this point is if WSU's scheduling problems cause them to buy a game sometime with TSU, which at 9-23 last year and 260th in the RPI has the virtue of being not quite as deep into the bottom of the barrel as some of WSU's recent buy opponents have been.

Local players take note: sometimes the other guy's grass really isn't greener, even if you're a pretty well regarded recruit.

Comment

• Re: Tennessee State?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                            Wow -- Tennessee State. That's pretty much the sports equivalent of "How's that 'hope and change' working out for you?"

Cyphers could have stayed home, where he was much wanted and had the potential of being a local hero as he participated in WSU's revival. Instead he took the lure of Utah, where things never worked out, and is now in obscurity at a low major program hundreds of miles away. His best chance to be seen here at this point is if WSU's scheduling problems cause them to buy a game sometime with TSU, which at 9-23 last year and 260th in the RPI has the virtue of being not quite as deep into the bottom of the barrel as some of WSU's recent buy opponents have been.

Local players take note: sometimes the other guy's grass really isn't greener, even if you're a pretty well regarded recruit.
                            They would definitely be an upgrade over some of our buy games. And isn't that where Coop is coaching now? If he's doing any good down there and can have them competing maybe it'd be worth a buy game...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• WSUwatcher, you are absolutely right. A player from Kansas thinking about going away to another school should think long and hard about whether that is a better choice than WSU. Cyphers is not the only player to go away and having regrets and transferring. Casey Crawford is another name that comes to mind. He went to Wake Forest and has now transferred to Colorado. There are probably others as well.

Comment

• Re: Tennessee State?

Originally posted by SubGod22
                                And isn't that where Coop is coaching now?
                                It is, and also recent assistant Dana Ford.

I can't see a more worthwhile buy game, and John deserves to be welcomed back into the Roundhouse in a glorious fashion.

Here's hoping that a Tennessee school doesn't end his coaching career the way another Tennessee school ended his playing days.

Comment

Working...
                                X