Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My prediction. We won't miss Rogers all that much. Maybe at times when shots aren't falling. But otherwise I don't think he was a complete enough player that we can't find his production elsewhere.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Us, Arkansas, Southern Cal. Time to see what our NIL improvements are made of.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Two scholarship to fill. Looking at what we lost/gained:

We have upgraded at PG .. possibly by a lot.
        Losing Colby is big. McGinnis helps though. Probably a wash to a slight loss here

Losing Pohto is so so, mitigated by retainined QB. If we land the 7 footer visiting now, he's probably not an upgrade but also not worse than Pohto .. so wash.
        If we can land Washingon, I think he's probably a better version of Ridgnal (TBD on energy).

So yea, not crazy better on paper, but I think you are underestimating how much the PG matters. Bell wasn't a PG and didn't distribute. Cortes was only good at tossing things to Ballard. If we have a true distributor, It could be multiple wins on its own.
        To add to your point about how much PG matters, while Hill is certainly a talented player & I think has a chance to average something like 15 & 5 if he has a good year, I think the best thing he will do for us is simply not do some of the things our guys did last year.

Comment

I think McFinnisa is a significant upograde over Rogers. He's going to draw the same attention as a shotmaker that Rogers drew and he's got similar accuracy. Rogers had two glaring weaknesses. He was a weak defender and he had difficulty moving while dribboing.

Then throw in that DeGray, Ballard, Beverly, Bell, and Cortes are all a yer older and there's potential for a sigmnificant upgrade over last year's team. That assumes the lack of backups at PF and C get filled effectively. It could even be the lack of a starter at PF.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
            Damn. Tough competition.
            FINAL FOURS:
            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
            Number of Times Ranked: 157
            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
            #3 - Dec. 2017
            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
            #2 ~ March 2014
            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Are you saying those are the teams involved with Washington. I haven't seen those 2 mentioned anywhere. He took a visit to Tulsa right before coming here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Are you saying those are the teams involved with Washington. I haven't seen those 2 mentioned anywhere. He took a visit to Tulsa right before coming here.

Arkansas has a bit of traction but think both these schools may be recruiting him as a backup option
                Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Arkansas has a bit of traction but think both these schools may be recruiting him as a backup option
                  Good to know .. those didn't come up in my search. Need to lock him down soon.

Also key to note that post is before he visited both Tulsa and WSU.

Comment

You can't just go halfway down the Twitter wormhole. WSU Director of Admissions just followed him today.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      You can't just go halfway down the Twitter wormhole. WSU Director of Admissions just followed him today.
                      Well .. can't see how that is a BAD sign ...

Comment

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

That sure looks like vetting. Check with admissions to make sure he's eligible and can be admitted to WSU before announcing anything. CXheck his social media for any red flags.

I can't think of another reason why the Director of Admissions would follow him on social media. It's not like they're old buddies finding each other on the Net.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This reminds me of Kung Wu taking precautions in protecting his Autographed handy dandy HCGM basketball from potential robbers in the area.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

This reminds me of Kung Wu taking precautions in protecting his Autographed handy dandy HCGM basketball from potential robbers in the area.
                              Hahaha, it's definitely in a secured location in my basement, but no, not protected by ninjas.

And if we're being real with each other, FVV is the money autograph on this ball, not HCGM. hahahaha
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hahaha, it's definitely in a secured location in my basement, but no, not protected by ninjas.
                                Just what someone who protects their **** with ninjas would want people to believe...
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X