Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        That's just semi-mean by Taylor in posting that lol ... got excited

Did anyone hang out at the cookie cake place ?

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
          Hopefully he commits during the visit. Sounds like a great fit and gives us 2 years. Geographically good fit as from Little Rock area. Close enough family could watch him play more often
          I think you meant just 1 year here and his 2nd year no doubt at Memphis.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I think you meant just 1 year here and his 2nd year no doubt at Memphis.
            If we get 2-3 guys playing well enough to get poached it probably means WSU had a decent season so I'll take that trade.

Comment

Hoping the Shockers sign him.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Let me see. We have one player over 6'6 is that right? We are three maybe four deep at both guard positions. I think there are going to be at least four of them very unhappy with their PT and a couple that believe they should be starting. I don't like this scenario. Hurt feelings don't make for a team first locker room. Having said all that this kid seems like a good player but we have several odd man out cases.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  Let me see. We have one player over 6'6 is that right? We are three maybe four deep at both guard positions. I think there are going to be at least four of them very unhappy with their PT and a couple that believe they should be starting. I don't like this scenario. Hurt feelings don't make for a team first locker room. Having said all that this kid seems like a good player but we have several odd man out cases.
                  Our guard play was **** enough last year that we need to have them compare against each other. Hurt feelings? This isn’t Junior High junior varsity. They come to play and earn their spot. And I could care less about height so long as there’s a plan. Plenty of teams have made small ball work. And we’ve got Ballard to anchor the paint around so I think we’re okay.

Comment

Choosing to believe in Twitter follows from Taylor, 2 ACs, & Tyler Weber of Wheat Shock Collective meaning something.

Comment

Last year we didn't get a PG, so everybody said "we never needed a PG"

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                        Love that this video highlights a nice string of defensive plays too.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Last year we didn't get a PG, so everybody said "we never needed a PG"
                          Nobody on Shockernet ever said that. A coach without a PG said it because he had no path to gaining a top notch PG. Once we landed Cortes we were hopeful we got a good enough one.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Nobody on Shockernet ever said that. A coach without a PG said it because he had no path to gaining a top notch PG. Once we landed Cortes we were hopeful we got a good enough one.
                            And then Cortes didn't even get to play... My guess is if they had known for sure he wasn't playing until Christmas he may have taken another. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Our guard play was **** enough last year that we need to have them compare against each other. Hurt feelings? This isn’t Junior High junior varsity. They come to play and earn their spot. And I could care less about height so long as there’s a plan. Plenty of teams have made small ball work. And we’ve got Ballard to anchor the paint around so I think we’re okay.
                              Time will tell who is right. I think balancing PT among the EIGHT guards will be impossible. I have been around D1 sports programs and have witnessed first hand how discontent can effect players whether it is junior high or D1 upperclassmen. Why do you think there are so many transfers? It's just my opinion that discontented players under perform and impact teams in a negative way.......it is human nature and it is not healthy or a good recipe for success. Hope I am wrong so far as next years team pans out.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Time will tell who is right. I think balancing PT among the EIGHT guards will be impossible. I have been around D1 sports programs and have witnessed first hand how discontent can effect players whether it is junior high or D1 upperclassmen. Why do you think there are so many transfers? It's just my opinion that discontented players under perform and impact teams in a negative way.......it is human nature and it is not healthy or a good recipe for success. Hope I am wrong so far as next years team pans out.
                                I think the person most upset with the makeup of the team is you.

Comment

Working...
                                X