Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    You can't just go halfway down the Twitter wormhole. WSU Director of Admissions just followed him today.
    As well as armchair strategies

Comment

• Whats the latest on him? So far Hill is maybe a double and AJM's ceiling maybe a double.........maybe. Striking out at PF and Center. Overall C minus and no team improvement that I can see.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        Whats the latest on him? So far Hill is maybe a double and AJM's ceiling maybe a double.........maybe. Striking out at PF and Center. Overall C minus and no team improvement that I can see.
        You are one of the biggest downers on this forum lol.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Honestly, so tiring to see. That combined with KP obsession is a little weird to see. I for one am looking forward to the next season. Obviously we need to see who the last two recruits are but we’ve got a PG now which do a world of wonders. Also excited to see if any of our players develop. We had lots of one trucks who could be great role players if they develop outside shots or better passing (ie Xavier Bell)

Comment

Might be even worse than me!

Comment

I believe he was giving a C- as to where we are at this point of the recruiting, and I don't disagree.

Getting those holes filled and at what level of players fill them could easily bump that grade to a B, but that could be generous.

We have a glut of players that can play the 2 and 3. Two too many at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe he was giving a C- as to where we are at this point of the recruiting, and I don't disagree.

Getting those holes filled and at what level of players fill them could easily bump that grade to a B, but that could be generous.

We have a glut of players that can play the 2 and 3. Two too many at least.
                Oh I am not saying it's an A+ or anything. The C- is fine if that is his opinion. And, as far as I know, we haven't truly "missed" on any big men. Unless they have committed to someone else and I missed it.

However compared to this time last year it may be almost an A+ LMAO. Which isn't saying much, I get it.

He is just all gloom and doom. One of the worst. We could land a bunch of All Americans and not sure it would help him. Lol

Keeps saying how unproven McGinnis is...which I don't think that is all that correct. Yes, not against AAC talent, but better than someone with 0 Division 1 experience. And honestly, Rogers was fairly unproven by that standard as well coming from Siena. He turned out ok. Let's give the guy a chance to prove himself before we basically say he sucks compared to Rogers lol.
                Last edited by shockerfan; May 7, 2024, 08:53 PM.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Who here has watched film on McGinnis ? The full game against drake is below. McGinnis put up 26 points and 6 boards. The game prior scored 17 against us. Drake finished with a RPI ranking of 11 and a NET ranking of 47. Dude is a stud. He is a great pick up.

Drake Bulldogs vs Lipscomb BisonsNovember 8th 2023No Copyright Intended.Please subscribe for more vids!

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                    Who here has watched film on McGinnis ? The full game against drake is below. McGinnis put up 26 points and 6 boards. The game prior scored 17 against us. Drake finished with a RPI ranking of 11 and a NET ranking of 47. Dude is a stud. He is a great pick up.

Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ez2TBTewJU
                    Gonna say .. i watched him in person light us up lol

Comment

no team improvement that I can see.
                      So you've seen the team play lately?

Comment

Well, lets see. We won five conference games last season. Unless we find a couple decent front court players our roster looks worse for next season. Yes, currently you can color me as a "downer". I expect more than most and average is not success. We should have more conference W's next year but the league overall looks to be weaker and we get more bottom half games.

Comment

Well, let’s see. We won five conference games last season. Unless we find a couple decent front court players our roster looks worse for next season. Yes, currently you can color me as a "downer". I expect more than most and average is not success. We should have more conference W's next year but the league overall looks to be weaker and we get more bottom half games.
                          From researching your posts/POV, it appears to me you became really sore at others, when Pohto decided to leave and many on here disagreed with you regarding his basketball value to WSU.

I had high hopes for Pohto when he signed, based on my mistaken opinion that he was a 6’10 Center that would grow into a good 3 point shooter. That never happened.

Comment

Well, lets see. We won five conference games last season. Unless we find a couple decent front court players our roster looks worse for next season. Yes, currently you can color me as a "downer". I expect more than most and average is not success. We should have more conference W's next year but the league overall looks to be weaker and we get more bottom half games.
                            I disagree. I don't think we look worse. Maybe not leaps and bounds BETTER. Different...yes...but not worse. But we can go back and forth about that all night and never agree. Which is fine.

Maybe you should adjust your expectations. Then you wouldnt be such a downer. Its all about trending in the right direction. Maybe not as fast as you, or even myself, want. But if we even get marginally better next year then that is a step in the right direction. And I think/hope we will.

Were you a fan in the 90's? If so....I am not sure how you ever made it through! Many times I didnt think I was gonna make it through lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

From researching your posts/POV, it appears to me you became really sore at others, when Pohto decided to leave and many on here disagreed with you regarding his basketball value to WSU.

I had high hopes for Pohto when he signed, based on my mistaken opinion that he was a 6’10 Center that would grow into a good 3 point shooter. That never happened.
                              I believe, at least for myself, until we sign a replacement (or two) as good or better than Pohto so that someone other than 6'6" players at the 4 and backing up Ballard, this team has a real problem. I think it will also solve any problem asiseeit has as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I believe, at least for myself, until we sign a replacement (or two) as good or better than Pohto so that someone other than 6'6" players at the 4 and backing up Ballard, this team has a real problem. I think it will also solve any problem asiseeit has as well.
                                What if the 6'6" players are better than Pohto? Or end up at least being just as good? It's more than just being tall.

Pohto played smaller than he is many times. Especially defensively

Comment

Working...
                                X