Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would take a 6'8" guy that can play some center and shoot the 3 a little any day over a 7 ft Germany or a 6'10" Pohto.

Comment

• A new Shocker from the portal - Sports Daily - Omny.fm
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        I think I'm in the minority and don't believe height matters that much in an offense that tries to play fast. I also don't think that we're so much smaller than other teams that it would create a consistent issue. WSU was consistently smaller than teams during Marshall's tenure.

WSU vs Vanderbilt (two NBA centers) comes to mind.
        Can't run and play fast without rebounds first

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Backup center will play 18 minutes out of 40, and we'll be the smallest team in the league, I'm betting
          I will bet you $0.25 that Ballard will average more than 22 minutes per game next season. If you agree, I will contact my attorney and have him draft up a complete set of terms for you to sign.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• FAU went to the Final Four with two players over 6'4: Vlad Goldin (7'1) and Giancarlo Rosado (6'8).

Comment

• Washington also didn't shoot 3s until this past season, so I wouldn't write off his ability to improve in that area. I'd be more concerned if he had been chucking threes at a low % for multiple years before coming to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Out:

Pohto - 6'10
                Germany - 6'10
                Abidde - 6'9
                Ridgnal - 6'6

In:

TBD C/PF - 6'8-7'0
                Washington 6'6

Since Abidde and Germany didn't really play much, the rotation should look pretty similar height wise if the Pohto replacement is around 6'10. However, I do acknowledge there will be limited frontcourt depth in case of injury.
                This is exactly right.

Assuming we get a backup 5, the rotation height wise is 100% the same as last year.

We will have lost some depth. That’s it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

This is exactly right.

Assuming we get a backup 5, the rotation height wise is 100% the same as last year.

We will have lost some depth. That’s it.
                  Did we really have depth last year? Didn’t feel like it one bit. Imo, with hopefully all the plus adds, it seems like we’re gaining it with the bulk of the roster returning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I will bet you $0.25 that Ballard will average more than 22 minutes per game next season. If you agree, I will contact my attorney and have him draft up a complete set of terms for you to sign.
                    He might, now that he doesn't have Germany and Pohto pushing him for minutes.

Comment

He might, now that he doesn't have Germany and Pohto pushing him for minutes.
                      Hey! You DO get it!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

6'7" Xavior McDaniel comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Height doesn't instantly equate to rebounding. A lot of 6'10" plus big men are poor rebounders.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Height doesn't instantly equate to rebounding. A lot of 6'10" plus big men are poor rebounders.
                            agree. I dunno why all the other teams play tall guys up front

Comment

• Nor does playing on the perimeter always equate to good shooting. Our team assists to turnover rate last season was atrocious. That has to be much improved. Has anyone mentioned we need a big man who can rebound, defend and score?

Comment

agree. I dunno why all the other teams play tall guys up front
                                F4 team wasn't particularly tall

Comment

Working...
                                X