Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I think the person most upset with the makeup of the team is you.
    Maybe so. To be honest I don't think our roster, as it stands right now, is any better than last season's, probably worse. I see minefields but we will have a weaker conference schedule b/c I don't see the other members improving much plus we will play the bottom half twice. A couple solid front court additions could change my mind so I have not given up.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Maybe so. To be honest I don't think our roster, as it stands right now, is any better than last season's, probably worse. I see minefields but we will have a weaker conference schedule b/c I don't see the other members improving much plus we will play the bottom half twice. A couple solid front court additions could change my mind so I have not given up.
      Two scholarship to fill. Looking at what we lost/gained:

We have upgraded at PG .. possibly by a lot.
      Losing Colby is big. McGinnis helps though. Probably a wash to a slight loss here

Losing Pohto is so so, mitigated by retainined QB. If we land the 7 footer visiting now, he's probably not an upgrade but also not worse than Pohto .. so wash.
      If we can land Washingon, I think he's probably a better version of Ridgnal (TBD on energy).

So yea, not crazy better on paper, but I think you are underestimating how much the PG matters. Bell wasn't a PG and didn't distribute. Cortes was only good at tossing things to Ballard. If we have a true distributor, It could be multiple wins on its own.

Comment

Hill is a major upgrade, imo. It seems like he's a good defender and a strong playmaker. Cortes is not solid defensively, and Bell was not a playmaker. He's also an upgrade in 3 point %. If we got better anywhere, it's the 1.

McGinnis is kinda hard to tell, but it's not like Colby came from a strong conference before playing here. McGinnis best games came against the best competition. If he can give us 12-14 ppg, gives a **** about defending and can box out, I think he's an upgrade.

I think RD was more of an impact for us down the stretch than DR. If we get Washington and he can take over the starting spot for RD, then we've improved there. I'm fine with RD being our starting 4. I didn't really think we needed to find a starter here, but if we got one then we've improved.

If we can get a backup to QB that averages 5-8ppg, with 5-8rpg, I'll feel pretty good. I expect QB to play most the minutes here, but I don't think we have guys at the 4 that can slot into the 5. I imagine his backup will get about 12-15 minutes.

I wish we had another shooter. I think it's likely that Zion and TJ find their way into the rotation. Both have been known for their defense, and Zion seems to be a three-level scorer with playmaking potential. Having another playmaker on the floor that can also create his own shot won't hurt.

Comment

We will need to see the team in action before we can say if we are getting better with the additions. But I CERTAINLY don't think we will be worse......
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I am happier with what we have today than I was last offseason
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
              We will need to see the team in action before we can say if we are getting better with the additions. But I CERTAINLY don't think we will be worse......
              It would be pretty hard to get much worse than we were.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Yep. Odds are definitely better we at least get marginally better before we get worse.

Comment

Hopefully, we have some NIL momentum…
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post
                    I am happier with what we have today than I was last offseason
                    Yup, I don't think we have hit any home runs per se but it feels like the pickups and potential ones so far are good situational hitting that is going to drive in runs.

Last year most of the pickups felt like panic pickups

Comment

We can always be worse. Always.

78-65

Comment

potential starters:
                        Hill
                        Mcginnis
                        Beverly
                        Washington
                        QB

then you got Cortez/pipkin at backup 1
                        Bell as backup 2
                        TJ at the 3
                        Degray 4
                        then a center we sign

then joy and bamba likely further down depth chart

this looks like a much more improved lineup than last year. This group will draw more fouls too and get to the line more often

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

We can always be worse. Always.
                          Of course we could, but unless you're actively trying to make the program worse, it would be really hard to do so. We were **** last year.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Of course we could, but unless you're actively trying to make the program worse, it would be really hard to do so.
                            Hold my beer.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Neither Washington or a center have signed. Until that happens we are worse off and maybe not even then.........but, we have a lot of wishful thinkers. Hill should be an upgrade. Doubt McGinnis will score like Rogers so a downgrade there IMO. Big question marks remain in the front court.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                Neither Washington or a center have signed. Until that happens we are worse off and maybe not even then.........but, we have a lot of wishful thinkers. Hill should be an upgrade. Doubt McGinnis will score like Rogers so a downgrade there IMO. Big question marks remain in the front court.
                                I'll give McGinnis a little more credit as I believe he can actually drive and finish and plays defense. Two things Rogers wasn't very good at.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X