Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

We’ll be much smaller than last year
    Out:

Pohto - 6'10
    Germany - 6'10
    Abidde - 6'9
    Ridgnal - 6'6

In:

TBD C/PF - 6'8-7'0
    Washington 6'6

Since Abidde and Germany didn't really play much, the rotation should look pretty similar height wise if the Pohto replacement is around 6'10. However, I do acknowledge there will be limited frontcourt depth in case of injury.

Comment

• I think I'm in the minority and don't believe height matters that much in an offense that tries to play fast. I also don't think that we're so much smaller than other teams that it would create a consistent issue. WSU was consistently smaller than teams during Marshall's tenure.

WSU vs Vanderbilt (two NBA centers) comes to mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
        I think I'm in the minority and don't believe height matters that much in an offense that tries to play fast. I also don't think that we're so much smaller than other teams that it would create a consistent issue. WSU was consistently smaller than teams during Marshall's tenure.

WSU vs Vanderbilt (two NBA centers) comes to mind.
        Yep, there is way more than just height. Wingspan being one. Physicality, athleticism, jumping ability being some others. It can all allow and undersized player to be successful....especially as just a backup center.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Backup center will play 18 minutes out of 40, and we'll be the smallest team in the league, I'm betting

Comment

• Only going to be a problem if one the Centers gets injured. Would be nice to get a walk on center too but seems that walk on big men have been rare for us. Barney is the last one I remember

Comment

• We have one guy over 6'6" on the roster. Unless we're going to make about 500 threes (and if history is a measuring stick, we'll need to shoot around 2000 to make 500) and simply outscore our opponents, we're in deep. And God forbid anything bad happen to Q.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                We have one guy over 6'6" on the roster. Unless we're going to make about 500 threes (and if history is a measuring stick, we'll need to shoot around 2000 to make 500) and simply outscore our opponents, we're in deep. And God forbid anything bad happen to Q.
                Yep, no two ways about it. Our three ball HAS to improve. Significantly.

Also don’t know why I thought Pohto was 7 ft.

Comment

• I keep thinking Mills must have a 6'8 walk-on up his sleeve

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    I keep thinking Mills must have a 6'8 walk-on up his sleeve
                    Hopefully ‘Acy’ has an ace in the hole.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      I keep thinking Mills must have a 6'8 walk-on up his sleeve
                      kinda reminiscent of last year's PG situation

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Yep, no two ways about it. Our three ball HAS to improve. Significantly.

Also don’t know why I thought Pohto was 7 ft.
                        KP looking 7' tall right now

Comment

• For what it's worth, Trey Wade (6'6) was the starting PF on the last two WSU teams that found some success.

That being said, regardless of who is added with the final scholarship, the biggest concerns going into the season will be frontcourt size/depth and shooting.

Comment

• Wish we could find another Carl Hall

Comment

• Looks like a DR clone, in stature and effort. That's good.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

KP looking 7' tall right now
                                But still playing like he is 6’ tall

Comment

Working...
                                X