Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Sounds like a nice player. But 6'6" and can't shoot the 3?
    Kinda like Carl Hall ?

Comment

At least this guy is a foul magnet. Maybe he can foul out a ton of big guys.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

Kinda like Carl Hall ?
        if he's the second coming of Carl Hall I'll eat my words..............

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          Sounds like a nice player. But 6'6" and can't shoot the 3?
          Can't shoot the 3 is a little too harsh.

He didn't shoot any 3's his freshman year but shot 70% from 2 (only shot 4 shots per game). His FT shooting was only 60%.

He started shooting 3's last year at a 31% clip and his FT shooting increased to 77%.

Could easily see him increasing that 3 % to 33%+.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post

Kinda like Carl Hall ?
            Except Carl Hall was 6’8, not 6’6
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Carl Hall was 6’8 240. Corey is 6’6 180. I think we are getting our positions confused.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                Carl Hall was 6’8 240. Corey is 6’6 180. I think we are getting our positions confused.
                carl hall with a shaved head was 6’5 and nobody is gonna tell me different. Strong and aggressive as hell though.

go back and watch some of the tourney run when he shaved his head. Pay attention when he his standing next to other guys. Dude was not anywhere near 6’8

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Except Carl Hall was 6’8, not 6’6
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Washington can handle it alot better than carl hall
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I'm fine with him as a SF but don't see how he can play PF in the AAC..........he will get bullied. At least RD has some bulk. We need a bigger legit PF.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        I'm fine with him as a SF but don't see how he can play PF in the AAC..........he will get bullied. At least RD has some bulk. We need a bigger legit PF.
                        that's the hardest thing to find

Comment

So this young man is an UNINVITED walk on at St. Peters.

Goes up there and busts his ass and makes the coaches say "we're not letting this kid leave".

His freshman year he starts 24-28 games, defers to the others (witness 70% shooting...only good shots, never forcing) and makes the all Conference Rookie team.

Then from year 1 to year 2 gets twice as good. All Conference first team. Yes, struggled vs Seton Hall and Tennessee (the latter being a top 5 team in the country and perhaps the most athletic).

Once he got settled in last season, averaged 18+ his last 17 games. 77% free throw shooter last year.

Has nearly as many steals (49) and blocks (46) as turnovers (55). Clearly has a high motor and BBIQ.

Plays hard, engaged, determined, chip on his shoulder, scorer, stat sheet stuffer and HCPM isn't bringing him in if he's not a high quality young man.

Yeah.....I'll take an entire roster of guys like this.

Comment

I know it was a different era, but didn't 6'4 Ryan Martin basically play the PF position for a Sweet 16 team? In a conference that sent four teams to the Dance?

Comment

Rather have a 6'6 PF that plays hard and tough vs a 6"10-11 PF that plays small and soft.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                                So this young man is an UNINVITED walk on at St. Peters.

Goes up there and busts his ass and makes the coaches say "we're not letting this kid leave".

His freshman year he starts 24-28 games, defers to the others (witness 70% shooting...only good shots, never forcing) and makes the all Conference Rookie team.

Then from year 1 to year 2 gets twice as good. All Conference first team. Yes, struggled vs Seton Hall and Tennessee (the latter being a top 5 team in the country and perhaps the most athletic).

Once he got settled in last season, averaged 18+ his last 17 games. 77% free throw shooter last year.

Has nearly as many steals (49) and blocks (46) as turnovers (55). Clearly has a high motor and BBIQ.

Plays hard, engaged, determined, chip on his shoulder, scorer, stat sheet stuffer and HCPM isn't bringing him in if he's not a high quality young man.

Yeah.....I'll take an entire roster of guys like this.
                                Absolutely. The definition of betting on himself. Fred would be proud.

You can't teach heart. With work Ethic like that...he will go places.

Let's get him!
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X