No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Andrew even been offered by Wichita State?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The kid is just tired -- and I'm sure physically exhausted is only the beginning. I can't imagine what pressure he has been under -- just to make up his mind. It's not a life commitment Andrew, it's just for one year. Make an announcement and get it behind you so you can get some leisure time without constantly looking over your shoulder to see if some media type is there. Good luck young man, now and in the future.

Comment

• its simple...he is going to Kentucky...getting dumped over the phone sucks...but its better for both parties...lol GOSHOX

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
          i dont think WSU pays as much as ole miss does.
          Of course not, silly -- football is a much bigger $ sport than basketball is, lost.

Seriously, one of the the things I've always liked about Marshall is that as best I or anyone else can tell, he does things the right way.

Comment

• Go to guy

It seems more than logical for Andrew to sign with WSU rather than Kentucky. He'll battle for playing time with at least 5 maybe 6 other 5 star recruits. WSU has an amazing team already but they lack that go to guy. WSU may have one in Early which would only compliment Andrews game so people wouldn't double and triple team him not to mention Baker and the other players. Nick Wiggins is a team kinda player so it stands to reason Andrew would be the same way. Coach Marshall is every bit the coach that Caliparie is and probably better considering what happened last year to Kentucky in the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by kitkaliharie View Post
              It seems more than logical for Andrew to sign with WSU rather than Kentucky. He'll battle for playing time with at least 5 maybe 6 other 5 star recruits. WSU has an amazing team already but they lack that go to guy. WSU may have one in Early which would only compliment Andrews game so people wouldn't double and triple team him not to mention Baker and the other players. Nick Wiggins is a team kinda player so it stands to reason Andrew would be the same way. Coach Marshall is every bit the coach that Caliparie is and probably better considering what happened last year to Kentucky in the NIT.
              Now THAT's a heckuva first post. :)
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Maybe Ryan Harrow's spot is the one that is now available. Interesting how this all works out.

Comment

• Classic threads over at one of the 20 or so UK message boards about how Carolina cheats and nothing is done.....these goobers employee THE dirtiest coach in the history of D1...he cheated at KU, he cheated at UMASS, and he cheated HUGE at Memphis....and all of a sudden he doesn't cheat?

Those guys are too funny. They better hope they get Wiggins.

Comment

• I substantially dislike calipari.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                      I substantially dislike calipari.
                      Paypal Cal?
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• So sick of this thread.................... get paid already dude!!!!!
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Classic threads over at one of the 20 or so UK message boards about how Carolina cheats and nothing is done.....these goobers employee THE dirtiest coach in the history of D1...he cheated at KU, he cheated at UMASS, and he cheated HUGE at Memphis....and all of a sudden he doesn't cheat?

Those guys are too funny. They better hope they get Wiggins.
                          Rant: How many basketball players for Calipari at Kentucky will ever actually get diplomas?

I don't get how having a graduation rate that's cruising towards 0% doesn't hurt their program. Everyone is either one-and-done or transfers out. This last season they had two seniors -- both transferred into the program, and one only played 3 minutes a game. The two juniors are both "preferred walk-ons" I believe who can have their scholarships taken away whenever needed to give to the next big recruit.

It just makes things like this ...

"I know the Big Blue Nation will keep a close eye on him and wish him well as he continues his basketball career and his pursuit of a college degree."

... all the more disgusting. As if a degree is even normally in Calipari's vocabulary. Kentucky isn't operating as a university, they're operating as a minor league basketball team. And we just shrug and go "that's the way it is in college basketball now." And it's not just Kentucky, it's the entire one-and-done system. It's this idea that we have to call these kids "student-athletes," and yet so many of them are being forced to go to college for one single semester -- they only have to pass the fall semester to be eligible to play in the spring.

I think the credibility of all student-athletes is being irreparably damaged by the one-and-done system. At the very least, one-and-done players should hurt a university's academic standing so that they can't have more than one or two on a single team.
                          Last edited by Rlh04d; April 23, 2013, 11:33 AM.
                          Originally posted by BleacherReport
                          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Doesn't all the changes kill their APR or RPI or whatever it's called? If the "system" allows for a program like UK to not be punished, then the "system" is inherently broken.

Comment

• Kentucky's academic status will get so bad the NCAA will punish Cleveland State.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• not only that, but how are they still able to compete in the post season without those players graduating?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X