No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not ignoring the part about Nick, they could room together but not play together.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
      Not ignoring the part about Nick, they could room together but not play together.
      Yeah, that's the part that pretty much invalidates the whole thing, in my opinion. It just sounds like someone at FSU (fan, "recruiter", or whatever) is setting up the excuses if Andrew doesn't pick them.

Comment

• This is probably sour grapes on FSU's part if there is any truth that it was said. If so indication that he is not going there.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Who is this Nick Renfro guy? Does he have connections or is he just a blowhard (not that someone who has connections can't also be a blowhard)?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Yeah, that's the part that pretty much invalidates the whole thing, in my opinion. It just sounds like someone at FSU (fan, "recruiter", or whatever) is setting up the excuses if Andrew doesn't pick them.
            You guys are thinking too small. With AW's talent the Wiggins family are looking to place their father as Athletic Director and Nick as Head Coach.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Why would the family want $250k from the school when he is one year away from making obscene money in the NBA? And I'm pretty sure such a payment would be a violation of all kinds of recruiting rules. I've heard better lies on a grade school playground than I've heard on twitter lately.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• andrew could be waiting for the underclassmen to declare for the draft so he can see what final rosters are going to look like.

Comment

• Those are some pretty bold charges.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                    Those are some pretty bold charges.
                    Moronic would be another good adjective.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Stuff like that is pretty bold AND moronic.

However, I just put on my black and yellow glasses and am seeing more clearly now. I am now telling myself that more annoying publicity/false accusations regarding schools we don't want him to go to is for the better.

Come on Andrew. You can't go to any of those schools now because everyone will just think you took money even if you didn't. :)

Comment

• I've got a question about WSU recruiting:

If WSU were to land Wiggins, how long would it be before the rumors of him being "bought" would surface?
                        With the rumor of Wiggins being bought, how long would it be until the Carl Hall rumors resurfaced? With our final four, how long until a UNC private eye starts investigating WSU and the three star players (Armstead, Baker, Coleby) that paid their own way (or were paid without scholarship)?

With that type of sudden attention around our program, would WSU withstand an in-depth investigation, regardless of any of the original purposes of the investigation?

Just something I've pondered recently, and now Wiggins can allegedly be bought.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• If by any chance Andrew Wiggins would come here it would raise alot of questions. Hell there were even questions when McCallum signed with Detroit and his dad is the freaking head coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                            Someone in the know please explain to me what Andrew is waiting for? He surely by this time knows where he wants to play. Is he waiting for the beginning of the signing period on the 17th to announce? Is he waiting for the end of the signing period? After meeting Nick and after hearing the reports on Andrew's character I just can't believe he would do this for publicity -- doesn't seem the type and he definitely doesn't need more publicity. Is he maybe waiting for the NBA draft deadline of the 28th so he can evaluate exactly what the schools of interest have coming back? The only school I would be disappointed in seeing him go to would be Kentucky. With what they have coming back and what they already have coming in, I don't think Andrew would have any trouble finding playing time -- but what about the other Kentucky players? Would they resent having their playing time cut in order to give Andrew his due and if that would be the case what happens to team chemistry. We saw this year with Kentucky that just having a great recruiting class and talented kids does not translate to having a good team.
                            No one is in the know. Andrew Wiggins literally doesn't talk to anyone. No one really knows anything about his recruitment, other than that FSU, Kansas, Kentucky, and UNC are his top four.

He might be doing any or all of the things you listed. No one knows.

The only reason I can see for him to not wait until the very last day of the signing period is to give the schools time to fill their recruiting class if they aren't at cap yet, or to help someone transfer out if they are already at cap (I believe FSU might be). Other than that, what's the point of making a decision before you can literally make the decision? It wouldn't stop the other coaches from trying to flip him.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• That Twitter feed is garbage. If there was any truth to that story, the FSU recruiter would have turned in UNC in a heartbeat.

I have ZERO idea who Nick Renfro is. He's just some tool looking for Twitter fame by making baseless accusations. I talked to a guy who talked to a guy who heard this. The part about Nick is factually impossible, and Wiggins would never risk his personal credibility for small change compared to what he'll make in the NBA in one year. He could make significantly more than that if he just went to Europe to play for a year.

His source is "an FSU alum." I'm an FSU alum. Literally everything I say is just as credible as his source, apparently.

This isn't some inner city kid looking to cash in on a quick buck because he needs to get his mom out of a bad situation. Mitchell Wiggins was a first round NBA draft pick who spent a decade in the league, and coached for a while after that. His dad is a millionaire. He's not going to potentially get himself ruled ineligible or have a national championship he wins stricken from the books for what's about to be pocket change for him.

I've got Twitter messages from FSU sources from within the last hour saying that Wiggins is heading there. Here's the thing: Twitter is crap and no one knows anything. I've been following this kid's recruitment for something like two years now, and the only thing I know for sure is that absolutely no one knows a damn thing about him.
                              Last edited by Rlh04d; April 13, 2013, 05:50 PM.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I wasn't asking what his decision would be, just why he was waiting so late to make it if, indeed, he has made his choice. If he has chosen, there has to be a reason for this late disclosure. We may never know the why of it, but someday (soon I hope) everyone will know WHO. Some suggestions I made as to why he has put off announcing have now been confirmed that they are at least plausible, but whose to say other than Andrew and his family. I hope his decision has been made so he is not conflicted over it and is just waiting for what to him would be the "proper time" to announce. This has to be wearing on him and his immediate family, Nick included. Hope it's over soon so the family can relax and not have to watch every word they say. I feel for them in that regard.

Comment

Working...
                                X