X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by choida View Post
    he is going to Kentucky...no source, just my guess
    Kentucky does not fit his personality or MO IMO. I could see KU or UNC
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Most people here in KY are thinking he is going somewhere else... The scary thing is that most don't seem to care if he doesn't come here because of their class coming in!

Comment

• Originally posted by wushock27 View Post
        Most people here in KY are thinking he is going somewhere else... The scary thing is that most don't seem to care if he doesn't come here because of their class coming in!
        They shouldn't. When you have the #1 recruit at four positions, getting that last #1 recruit isn't so important ;)

Based on fanbases, Kentucky's fans seem to have accepted he isn't going there for the most part. UNC fans are getting to that point (I've seen a few things like this, although this is one of the more ridiculous: http://keepingitheel.com/2013/04/24/...-a-good-thing/ ). Kansas fans don't seem to know what to think, and FSU fans are pretty quietly confident.

Which of course means nothing to what AW will actually decide. But my guess is KU or FSU. I still think Xavier Rathan Mayes going to FSU next year ends up being the tiebreaker for a kid that really doesn't need anything from any of the programs.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Most people here in KY are thinking he is going somewhere else... The scary thing is that most don't seem to care if he doesn't come here because of their class coming in!
          That doesn't surprise me a bit. UK has, IMHO, an overload of high talent coming in and high talent sticking around. Many will not be pleased with their playing time.

Comment

• If you are super recruit #1, and you go to a school stacked with talent that could overshadow you, doesn't that put you somewhat at risk in the following year's draft from a position stand point? I'd think if you went to a school like WSU or even FSU, your stock would stay ultra high because you'd practically be guaranteed to be a star -- anything good that happens at those schools will be attributed to you (right or wrong), but at Kentucky not so much.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              If you are super recruit #1, and you go to a school stacked with talent that could overshadow you, doesn't that put you somewhat at risk in the following year's draft from a position stand point? I'd think if you went to a school like WSU or even FSU, your stock would stay ultra high because you'd practically be guaranteed to be a star -- anything good that happens at those schools will be attributed to you (right or wrong), but at Kentucky not so much.

I think Nick agrees:poster_wu:
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• OK heres a question. If ky has all of these studs coming in and the class they had this year were all highly regarded is it a matter of the sophs holding on to their positions or will the new guys be better. Are the new guys all one and dones?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  OK heres a question. If ky has all of these studs coming in and the class they had this year were all highly regarded is it a matter of the sophs holding on to their positions or will the new guys be better. Are the new guys all one and dones?
                  Most all of Kentucky's scholie players for this incoming class and the past 3 were most all possible one and dones. The problem is that last year's group of freshmen didn't carry UK to the promise land, not neccesarily because they weren't very good players, but because there may be a lack of floor leadership from upperclassmen and these freshmen didn't play like seasoned, mature players. UK's top freshman was also injuried the last part of the season.

So what they have is 6 top 100 freshmen coming in who are also the top, or almost the top, recruit at their position. Add to this 2 of 4 from last year's class that decided to not go into the draft, a very good holdover from the previous class, and one player who wasn't a top 100, but saw a lot of minutes last year. That 10 very good players/recruits looking to play 25+ mpg. Andrew Wiggins would further muddy those waters.

All these quality players fighting for PT might lead to a strong team. It could also lead to a lot of disgruntled teammates and poor chemistry as all want to impress the scouts and become higher draft picks.

Comment

• It wasn't the fact that those guys weren't talented, but all of them except for Noel and Cauley-Stein didn't care and tried to go off talent alone instead of learning and getting better...
                    That was their problem.

Comment

It wasn't the fact that those guys weren't talented, but all of them except for Noel and Cauley-Stein didn't care and tried to go off talent alone instead of learning and getting better...
                      That was their problem.
                      This is what I see as a big problem with that many one and done's on any one team. Where is the cohesion and teamwork going to come in when most of these guys were the focal point of every team they have ever been on. I guess I'll be happy with what we have got and what we will probably get.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        That's a lot harder than it looks.

Comment

• Actually my thought when I saw the picture was "looks kind of hard to me."
                          Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                            Actually my thought when I saw the picture was "looks kind of hard to me."
                            Very simple my friends, however underwater basket-weaving is another story.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              That's a lot harder than it looks.
                              So YOU'RE the dude that dropped out mid semester?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                So YOU'RE the dude that dropped out mid semester?
                                Are you kidding. It only took 2 weeks and I was gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X